Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Guess what page the thread will be on when the election is called for Hillary, and win a prize!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

So, what happens when the bill for the Freep website comes due?

Dale Reed != Jim Robinson

Different crank.

Edit - beaten. Beaten down like Dale Reed's giant patriotic spirit.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Trump now apparently claiming that he still thinks the Central Park Five were guilty

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-says-central-park-five-are-guilty-despite-dna-n661941

Come on, Freep. Entertain me.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Some God damned idiot on freep posted:

see the venomous demons who occupy Hillary

I swear the demons are ready to come out. She is seething.

May the demons declare themselves by name as they come forth from their prey.

please GOD. Reveal the demon inside her NOW!

No matter how bizarre they are, I can now always amuse myself by wondering if these people actually think a demon is going to burst out of her like Hillary was a character in The Thing.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
[quote="ColdOne the freeper" post=""""]
All the Hollywood types doing this and nothing, but ric does it, and now it is news.
these media scumbags make me sick.

[/quote]

Yeah, you have to go back all the way to late October to find a case of a celebrity getting chastised for the same thing.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/25/entertainment/justin-timberlake-voting-selfie/

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Tony Phillips back on page one when he was young and dumb posted:

Guess what page the thread will be on when the election is called for Hillary, and win a prize!

Huh. Funny thing about that.

First, I didn't really mean it. I wrote that with an image of a carnival barker in my head. You know. Something like this dickhead.

Step right up and win a kewpie doll!

But some people made guesses. I think this is all of them.

Some goons posted:

Zipperellir - 591
Kartikeya - 200
Devine CoffeeBinge - 218
Islam is the Lite Rock FM - 14 or 88
Thump! - 420
SHY NUDIST GRRL - 170
OptimusShr - 270
DarklyDreaming - 201
no mom very hungry - 666
Aaronicon - 450
Neopie - 63
SuperDucky - 111
Arghh - 117
Aumanor - 100
Pontius Pilate - 328
Flowers for Algeria - 99

This lovely post came on page 58.

McGlockenshire posted:

The AP has called the election for Trump.

e: And Hillary has conceded via phone.
e2: vvvvv yeeeeup.

I've decided that I'm gonna do it anyway. This contest got rigged.
Neopie - send me an address in a PM. I've got a prize for you.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 9, 2016

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Never has a headline gotten me to this thread faster.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Crystal ball says that today will be an interesting day.

Can't wait for the hottest of hot takes from the constitution loving patriotic freepers.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Rakanakle posted:

We're all just so tired now. Every time we dove in we gave a little bit of our soul away.

The people that actually visit the site and pull posts for us here are pure angels.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Keeshhound posted:

Welp, that ain't happening. Say it with me now, everyone:

"The problem isn't guns, it's mental healthcare."

In this case, they'll claim that the mental disease is liberalism and that the cure is getting lined up against the wall.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

McGlockenshire posted:

Oh no, somehow it's even worse than that. Here's the tweet directly, just in case it wasn't clear from the quotes.
https://twitter.com/IjeomaOluo/status/891732756736200704

Yup. That's it. That's the hateful, racist rhetoric.

I'm beginning to think that those forced reeducation camps that freepers are so afraid of might be a good idea.

Better. She reported multiple cases of people sending death threats, etc to her and Twitter did nothing. When she then posted screen shots of the threats - she landed a 30 day timeout.

That oughta make a freep head spin in place. Dindu got suspended ha ha ha good Twitter. But Twitter is a liberal site censoring good true patriots.

Edit : vvvv ahhh. Yeah, Facebook.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 4, 2017

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Georgia Peach posted:

Another up-to-date take on the world.

loving how?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

McGlockenshire posted:

quote:
To: Jim Robinson

I want that statue of Lenin in Seattle taken down.

And every vestige of the racist Klansman Robert C. Byrd erased, and off any Federal site.

Take that,Dems!

76 posted on 8/16/2017, 5:40:58 PM by exit82 (The opposition has already been Trumped!)

There was a "rally" yesterday in Seattle for just that.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/seattle-lenin-protest-jack-posobiec_us_59955bb3e4b0acc593e53b45

Biggest rally ever. Period.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I really appreciate the big Freep post collections. I really do. But anyone else find themselves just reading the first few of each post and then scrolling on down cause they just can't read that much bullshit at once?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

RagnarokAngel posted:

I like how freep thought the army would surely turn on Obama and yet in this case would continue to support a legally dismissed president.

I like how freep thinks that their powder will ever dry out.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Why are they suggesting armed patrols, anyway? Do they think Houston has descended into an 80's dystopia, where alleys are filled with mohawks and switchblades and everyone is at least vaguely-but-threateningly ethnic?

Pretty sure some of them think that any city over 200K or so in population is exactly like Escape From New York.

And you know drat well that they're all patriotic Snake Plisskens. Just give them an excuse.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
A magnet school in Mississippi is changing it's name from "Davis (as in Jefferson) Magne"t to "Barack Obama Magnet."

I read the headline and only think of Freep's reaction. That's what this thread has done to me.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 18, 2017

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

Freeper SandRat posted:

To: Enlightened1

AND JEED EACH ANIJA ONE AH A TIME, INTO a WOOD CHIPPER each ANTIFA ALIVE, FEET FIRST over a Shank Tank.

63 posted on 10/30/2017, 2:36:05 PM by SandRat (Duty, Honor, Country)

This is killing me. It's like a real life King of the Hill character yelling at clouds. A violent racist mix of grandpa Simpson and Bill Dauterive.

Shank Tank.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Not Freep, but I couldn't help but think of this thread when I saw this.

Be afraid. He's added more dimensions. Slippery bastard.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

If anything could take you back to 1855 it's 1488 million freep comments in one place.

Fixed further.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Wait. The memo is out and both Obama and Hillary still breathes air??!?

Someone dumpster dive for me. I need stupidly hot takes.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
It's like The Onion has their own freep thread and decided to mock them.
Edit : Check the comments to the Onion's facebook post of the comic. Got a few good ones.
https://i.imgur.com/3LuxYHf.jpg

MANime in the sheets posted:

Dawwwwww , a PJ O'Rourke tagline. What happened to him, anyway?

Rhetorical question perhaps, but I assume still writing. Sadly, fell off a loving cliff as far as being funny goes.

Last of his books I read was 2010's "Don't Vote : It just encourages the bastards" and I just had to look that name up because it was an entirely forgettable boring piece of crap that was a chore to get through.

I'm probably miles from being the most left leaning guy in this thread, but this is coming from a guy that was as solidly bleeding heart in college in the early 90s. Rourke's "Parliament of Whores" and "Give War a Chance" made me laugh my rear end off back then. Right leaning or not - he was a great writer. I kept up with reading his books over the years, but it was a slow decline from those two as far as I'm concerned. That "Don't Vote" book was just the final straw I guess.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 20, 2018

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
It's always chess, and there's always another dimension.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

"" posted:

Give them medals for letting the Muslim pigs know how most of us feel.

"" posted:

“May be libs acting like Trump supporters just to make them look bad.”

In what way were they acting like Trump supporters?

Please elaborate.

This combo is so "Freep in a nutshell" that there should be a term for it.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

For my money, Jesus Christ Superstar will always be the peak Jesus depicition.

More of a "Jeepers Creepers Semi-Star" guy myself.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

OAquinas posted:

The real question is, were you made to go into the thread against your better judgement?

I asked the user control panel if it had any new posts about MAGA chuds for me and it said yes. Lots of them. Then I got this bullshit. Pretty clearly entrapment.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

SwingShift posted:

"I honestly credit it for making me right wing from a very early age, since all my heroes were hyper-masculine and taking the law into their own hands."

It's such a good and admirable thing when overclocked meatheads decide to pursue vigilant justice. America doesn't have any historical issues with that sort of activity at all.

Jesus Christ the idea of Freep being around when Bernard Goetz happened just popped into my head.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Welp. The Roseanne reboot just got cancelled cause Roseanne is an idiot.

My guess at the incoming:
Hot takes on freedom of speech.
Cancelled cause the reboot's ratings made Dems look bad.
MOOSLIMES are not a race! (Roseanne beat them to this one already.)
But she does look like an ape!
Clinton going to jail!

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Smeep posted:

I'm so deep into the Q bullshit on reddit that I hop over to Freep for a dose of normality please send help

I know there's been a running joke for months that the Onion must hate trying to come up with poo poo more insane than reality, so they pretty much just posted the Q Anon theory as an article the other day.

https://politics.theonion.com/mueller-reveals-russia-investigation-just-elaborate-sti-1827696431

Of course their Facebook post for it got hit by true believers in the comments.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I smiled at the guy who thought that Mitt Romney and John McCain were designated losers who were colluding with the Democratic Party to establish a fiction to legitimize the usurpation of the United States by a Kenyan agent, including massive financial collusion between the two political parties and fabricating/rigging the vote in dozens of states, but also accepts that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote in 2016.

I read that post 4-5 times. It's a really solid wall of crazy.

"McCain and Romney were willing Designated Losers."
Followed a couple lines later by
"Obama wasn't supposed to win against McCain"

Of course in between those : "W was a designated loser."
And they almost pulled it off, if it weren't for that pesky Supreme Court.

It's like those people that wander around muttering about being gangstalked, but the deep state swamp is their boogeyman.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I want to see the mental gymnastics a Q Anon believer must be going through right now, but at the same time - no I don't.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I'm just going to assume there are dozens of 10 year old Freep posts about how Obama clearly called Palin a pig when he used the "lipstick on a pig" phrase.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Jagged Jim posted:

Dallas Officer Who Killed Man in His Own Home Says He Ignored Her Commands

I'm sure it's all his fault for disobeying the officer who broke into his own apartment and shot him.

a load of quote reaction stuff posted:

...huh...

:stare:

Did... I somehow end up in Bizarro-Freep by accident?

:irony:

I don't even know anymore...

:biotruths:

I think I need to lie down for a bit.

Look at all this proof that Freepers aren't racists! They're siding with the black man! Over a white cop!

(Please disregard their opinion of this scenario had it happened identically - literally anywhere else on the planet other than the few hundred square feet that make up this guy's apartment.)

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Hey JimRob, why don't you just trick your morons into donating money towards the wall? Set up a collection. Pretty sure they'll have no drat problem buying your 95% administrative fees off the top.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Powder wasn’t quite dry so Civil War II was cancelled.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

freep posted:

Oh my gosh if the wall which is by the way being built as we speak gets built by the National Emergency that means President Trump is a freaking genius

I know 1000 people predicted this, but Jesus Christ it's true. All Trump is going to have to say is "it's being built" or poo poo, just claim that the wall is done and millions of them will believe it.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I would like to know why the :911: freeper with the sexy ears chooses to live in Berlin

I’d like to know how he wasn’t insta zotted for saying he liked a Muslim run barbershop.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
God knows what he's doing. Smiting the poo poo birds.

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1189754069717524480

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Freep gently caress posted:

Well that shows the effects of the gerrymandering in Virginia.

The Republicans got more votes for the house of delegates and state senate, yet the Democrats have a majority of the seats in each house of the legislature now.

Now do Wisconsin, where Walker lost the gubernatorial race yet the R's have a 63-36 advantage in the state house and proceeded to gut the incoming governor's powers during their lame duck period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Ague Proof posted:

quote:

Now do Wisconsin, where Walker lost the gubernatorial race yet the R's have a 63-36 advantage in the state house and proceeded to gut the incoming governor's powers during their lame duck period.

It's a lie.

Virginia Senate election of 2019
D 54.8% R 39.4%
2019 Virginia House of Delegates election
D 52.69% R 43.34%

The current map is still gerrymandered to favor Republicans, it just isn't as bad as before where it was almost impossible to win. The Democrats will now redraw them.

LOL. I can't believe I took a freep post at face value. I mean, it was stupid and hypocritical if it was true, but come the gently caress on.

I feel like I should just get Logan's Run'd for this.