Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I like the idea that the Deep State did the Nashville bombing as a false flag, using all their shadowy resources and adrenochrome money, but for some reason decided to blow up a spot next to the RV instead of just putting explosives in the RV. Presumably it's like some sort of fetish where they get off on the risk of forums user StateEagle1878 pointing at a blur and concluding it's all a hologram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

quote:

Never retreat from the battlefield [Twitter, FB, etc.].

Amazing. Just an awe-inspiring thing to say.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

It's definitely funny to imagine how loving ice-cold the food would have been

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

False Flage Fed Operation

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

quote:

Over half of voters don’t like Trump (somewhere around 60% according to one poll). But I’ve seen a poll that over half of voters also don’t like Biden (around 53%). If you add both percentages it would be over 100%, which isn’t possible.

Incredible

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

kik2dagroin posted:

Wave of Mass Resignations Hits Florida as New Financial Disclosure Rules Take Effect
Just want to note that the linked article is about the Mayor of Eagle Lake resigning over this rule not necessarily that this freeper was elected Mayor, though that is vaguely still possible I suppose.

I would not have expected "Pappy Smear" as a freep username

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

There was a fascinating and controversial article about a modest proposal for resolving the Irish Potato Famine several years ago. It was a well thought-out thesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Stupid question but is there any god damned thing that would ever, under the sun, make these people happy? Or at least not so angry? There really doesn't seem to be an end game here. Mass death penalty executions, nuking the middle east, rounding up all homosexuals...no taxes at all.

I doubt that even a Christian Theocratic government would much satisfy them.

I mean that's the core issue with fascism and conservatism as a whole, right? You've probably heard the quote:

Frank Wilhoit posted:

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

So for this philosophy to work, there always needs to be an outgroup, and the ingroups need to constantly be convinced they are a threat that must be dealt with. You can't ever settle down and say "alright, I think that quashing the rights of women/ colored people/ queer people/ trans people is enough, we can stop here", because without a target to blame for all society's problems the entire thing falls apart.

Mix it with capitalism and you've got even more incentive for the rich and powerful to direct hate towards minorities, instead of having people reflect that maybe having a giantic wealth disparity might not actually be a good way to run things.

And Freepers have just been pickling in this for their entire lives. It doesn't help that for at least some of them, life probably has gotten noticeably worse as healthcare and housing and workers rights go to poo poo. But instead of thinking about why that is, they are conditioned to look for the next outgroup to poo poo on.