Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Libluini posted:

But sometimes I mumble to myself "Quad-bless!" and then you can fully expect me to assault whoever has the bad luck meeting me first. (One day I will find the right combination of tanking my scales and powering up my sacreds with blesses!)

I had fun one game with Marignon's Flagellants with a 9F9B4S4D Baphomet. Made peace with the literal Hitler to my east who was playing Ermor (or whatever new nation LA Ermor has become) and had enough time to build critical mass of Flagellants. They only lasted 3 battles, but there were 3 very weird turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Isn't an in game message kinda pointless? Man will receive it next month.

Do you have any idea how the battle went, exactly? A single barb isn't going to stay and fight, so the only way I can see that result happening is if you didn't advance, your forces clashed very close to your side, you routed the barbarians but one of them killed one of your giants while retreating (path blocked or something) and that triggered your rout. That would take bad luck of epic proportions.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, makes sense. Barbarians are made of paper and have poo poo morale, but hit like trucks. That was very unlucky.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Man has a hot potato on his hands, diplomatically. "Losing" 2 provinces this early in the game can have some impact, but when a 5 meter tall bully asks you for something is kinda difficult to say no, specially when you're just a non-magical dude with a sword.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

sure but look at that map, man has two forts and possibly four consecutive farm provs, so not doing poorly. depending on research they might be able to at least annoy giants to ensure they both lose in a confrontation, especially if man can get someone else involved.

Good point, didn't notice that second fort.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

This is a very thoughtful post that ignores that a) getting a small trickle of good events makes you happier than being hammered by bad events continuously when playing a three month game and b) THE GAME HATES YOU AND WILL SPAWN BARBARIANS TO TAKE OVER YOUR CAPITAL AND gently caress YOU OVER ON TURN 2.

Fat Samurai posted:

Turn 1 report:

Hmmm... I don't remember ordering 2 attacks. Wait, one is in my cap? How?

:supaburn:

Wait, wait, wait, my PD can easily kill sea dogs.

That guy in the back is my PD commander. :suicide:

So yeah, what Lord Koth said, I was hit hard once and now I don't take Misfortune.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Oct 12, 2016

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

That was beautiful :allears:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Does that count as winning?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

7. Casting Burden of Time on turn 15 and going AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

As Nuclearmonkee, IIRC.

• Locked thread