Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
genki
Nov 12, 2003
HHL is probably:
Braden Holtby ($59 -> whatever)
Mark Giordano ($3 -> whatever)
Dylan Larkin
Colton Parayko

Not sure how much I paid for those two, picked up during the season but I think I paid more than baseline for Parayko at least. Also not sure about formula, I thought it was 1.5x but Jamwad's post seems to indicate otherwise?

Also not sure how long I've had Holtby, this might be his last year. Karlsson was definitely the last year, and I don't want to pay for pavs/bergeron. Will try to rebuild a team ... somehow...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genki
Nov 12, 2003

T-Bone posted:

Ineligible Keepers
Ryan Johansen
Steve Mason
Ryan Murray
Cam Atkinson
TJ Oshie
Gustav Nyquist
Mark Giordano
Erik Karlsson
Semyon Varlamov
Roman Josi
Kyle Okposo
Blake Wheeler
Wayne Simmonds
Ondrej Palat
Brent Burns
Victor Hedman
Ben Bishop

HHL keepers are due October 3rd, and if you're in the LSL please post your team name by October 3rd.

drat, I can't keep Giordano? I feel like I didn't have him that long... though maybe it was $1->$2->$3? hmm.

Anyhow, in that case, keepers for Genki Origami in HHL (revised list):

Duncan Keith ($44 -> $53)
Dylan Larkin ($1->$2)
Colton Parayko ($1->$2)
Robby Fabbri ($1->$2)

Also will be missing the draft, so be gentle on my autodrafting values (haha, I'm so screwed)

edit: actually I might show up for at least the first while because leaving this to autodraft may be just too painful...

genki fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 1, 2016

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Now I'm re-reconsidering whether I should have given up Johnson for Nash. Right now I'm thinking Johnson has more category value at C and more upside long term. Ah well, let's see how it goes. Early season tinkering... picking up extra C shouldn't have made me move for a LW. Even if my LW options aren't great.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

MagicCube posted:

Early season and all, but I'm feeling pretty good about committing to Dubynk in both HHL and LSL. I wish he would spread these shutouts out though instead of getting them all in one week.
My HHL free agent pickup Cam Talbot is pretty nice. Goes well with Carey Price and MAF. Also hoping Marchessault ends up being legit!

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Carey Price: worth the money.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
I have a bunch of cheap keepers but not sure any are in the range of skill you'd be looking for...

Will probably hang onto Talbot for next year, otherwise tossup between tkachuk/marchessault/anisimov/dubinsky/parayko. I forget, is it three keepers or four?

genki
Nov 12, 2003

T-Bone posted:

I would maybe willing to package Ekblad and Henrik for a veteran upgrade if anyone in the HHL is interested.
Clearly you need upgrades, considering I totally won our matchup this week. Thanks to my prescient decision to keep talbot benched against the predators, which was totally not because I forgot to update my lines.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

RocktheCaulk posted:

Start or sit Elliot? Try far up in the other goalie categories by Fleurys shut out got me scared. Up 10-3 head to head but on razor margins and a SO could swing it to me.
As a general note, the slim chance of a SO is almost never worth trying to win versus other categories. It's way more likely you'll just lose SV% and/or GAA. In a league with four or five goalie categories, I'm usually happy to keep things tied (2-2-1) if I have a good GAA/SV%. Depends how likely you are to take over other categories (Wins or SVs) and whether the opponent has anyone playing... SO is the riskiest category and I would never play for the SO category if there's a chance I could lose other categories.

Also I'm saying this after knowing Elliott didn't get a SO. Haha.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

T-Bone posted:

this is like 5 or 6 seasons in a row of losing in the semis in the LSL (altho I did win the inaugural season).

Looks like I'll be going for a repeat in the HHL, and somehow my poo poo LOL team might get to the second round.
Bah, I probably could have won HHL if I was willing to gut my team to flip some secondary categories like SOG and BLK, but that's not exactly a smart long term strategy (hello leafs). Oh well.

edit: now that I look, I guess you won by doing some swapping over the last few days? looks like just one or two guys (like five times), not sure it made the final difference. Suppose I could have paid more attention, oh well. If talbot hadn't poo poo the bed I could have had it.

genki fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genki
Nov 12, 2003
I'm happy with third in HHL. My team played way above its potential to take me that far. Really happy about my Talbot pickup, he's a keeper for sure.

• Locked thread