Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ostentatious

also if you want to make this about exploration then I'd recommend against heirlooms as you will pass content too quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

Piso Mojado posted:

Liz wiz, why don't you just pick a race/class and just start playing. half the people here don't know what the races/classes are anyhow

because i suffer from choice paralysis and thread participation is good.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

pick hunter so you can have a large kitty pet

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Lizard Wizard posted:

because i suffer from choice paralysis and thread participation is good.

Are we gonna pick the class specialties too? Also, how come Death Knight isn't on the list?

Scaly Haylie

Munchables posted:

Are we gonna pick the class specialties too? Also, how come Death Knight isn't on the list?

death knight skips 1-60 and the class never really "clicked" for me, so i'd prefer to avoid it for this thing.

Matoi Ryuko

Just pick whichever combination is going to lead to you seeing this LP to it's end.

Scaly Haylie

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Just pick whichever combination is going to lead to you seeing this LP to it's end.

that's why it has to be the people's choice. :c00lbert:

Piso Mojado

what's the best class?

Scaly Haylie

Piso Mojado posted:

what's the best class?

that's very subjective.

Piso Mojado

what's the best race then?

Scaly Haylie

Piso Mojado posted:

each race has some minor and unique bonuses, but it's largely a cosmetic choice.

Piso Mojado

I've never played WoW or rly any mmorpg exempt Trove, what race/class would you suggest for a total newb

Scaly Haylie

Piso Mojado posted:

I've never played WoW or rly any mmorpg exempt Trove, what race/class would you suggest for a total newb

interesting question. probably a mage, warrior or rogue of whatever race you think looks the best. warlock's fine too.

FluffieDuckie

Lizard Wizard posted:

Let's say upkeep since I don't know where or when I'd end it, but yes. :toxx:

But I can't finish it without starting it, and to that end I'd love it if you voted too.

what is your commitment to this thread? how many actual playing entries are you going to make?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

fluffieduckie seems quite skeptical lizard wizard i would jot down a flight plan of some sort of i were you

Scaly Haylie

FluffieDuckie posted:

what is your commitment to this thread? how many actual playing entries are you going to make?

one every three days at the barest minimum, but you can expect more than that. length of updates may vary, and you all will be the first to know if personal life forces me to miss an update.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Piso Mojado posted:

:stare:

FluffieDuckie

Lizard Wizard posted:

one every three days at the barest minimum, but you can expect more than that. length of updates may vary, and you all will be the first to know if personal life forces me to miss an update.

ok good. one every 3 days for how long?

the last one you made 3 entries before disappearing.

how many entries minimum can we expect?

Scaly Haylie

FluffieDuckie posted:

ok good. one every 3 days for how long?

the last one you made 3 entries before disappearing.

how many entries minimum can we expect?

that's a bit of a toughie. it's a big world (of warcraft) so there'll be no shortage of stuff to show off so this might be lowballing it, but i am going to say a minimum of 40 updates, with the stipulation that i must reach the level cap of 110.

might do more stuff after i do both those things, might not.

FluffieDuckie

Lizard Wizard posted:

that's a bit of a toughie. it's a big world (of warcraft) so there'll be no shortage of stuff to show off so this might be lowballing it, but i am going to say a minimum of 40 updates, with the stipulation that i must reach the level cap of 110.

might do more stuff after i do both those things, might not.

ok. if you do that i will give you a free av

if you don't you'll be probed for a month and forbidden from ever starting let's plays in byob again

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

the (tier five) gauntlet is thrown

Scaly Haylie

FluffieDuckie posted:

ok. if you do that i will give you a free av

if you don't you'll be probed for a month and forbidden from ever starting let's plays in byob again

certainly. and do you have any class preference?

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
proletariat

FluffieDuckie

Lizard Wizard posted:

certainly. and do you have any class preference?

druid

Scaly Haylie

righto, class voting's open for another 40 minutes

Piso Mojado

let the games begin lol

MrWillsauce

joke_explainer

Bo-Pepper posted:

i played in a guild fairly serious about end game content a while back around when Wrath of the Lich King was the thing and then i stopped playing because it was a bad thing in my life doing it so much and then i met my future wife COINCIDENCE?

wrath was the best expansion

Macnult

joke_explainer posted:

wrath was the best expansion
:agreed:

Munchables

Piso Mojado posted:

I don't know about for a noob, but I pretty much only a troll or elf. Generally a blood elf, but if I haaaaaaave to play alliance for some reason, I settle with crap elf. For classes, I'm very partial to death knights (but that's definitely not a noob class), paladins, and druids in that order. My highest level character is a 99 Blood Elf Death Knight but I'm bad at video games so that doesn't matter :p

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

if you buy the new expansion you can fart your way to 100 with the click of a button

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

the hogger quest is the best quest. why would you want to skip that?

joke_explainer

i vote druid as well

Scaly Haylie

Voting is closed! It's a tie between druid and hunter, so I'll be flipping a coin. Tails will signify the tail of our future animal companions, while heads will signify the head shop all the druids frequent.

Heads!

As a druid, our choice of races is rather limited. Since we're on the Alliance side, these are our choices:

Night Elf

I don't really know what the night elves' deal is lore-wise, but they're rather serious forest mage types. Their bonuses are as follows:

- May fade into the shadows. A form of stealth! Kind of redundant, since druids have access to stealth anyway.
- More difficult to hit! Just slightly, but hey.
- Resistant to Nature damage. Damage types aren't extremely important in WoW; this is pretty much just for flavor.
- Faster movement while stealthed. Certainly useful.
- Faster attacks at night and increased critical chance during the day. Neat!

Worgen

Where wolf? There wolf! Their bonuses are as follows:

- Can periodically move quickly. I, uh, don't have anything to say about this. Sorry.
- Critical chance increased. That's always nice.
- Resistant to Nature and Shadow damage. See above.
- Skinning skill and speed increased. A nice fringe benefit if we want to do leatherworking, which we might, since druids can wear leather armor!

Vote for your preferred race and gender, but don't overthink the bonuses. It's basically a matter of taste. Feel free to throw in a name suggestion if you want, too.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 20, 2016

Scaly Haylie

joke_explainer posted:

i vote druid as well

Voting closed twenty minutes ago, but hey, you got what you wanted! :ocelot:

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

night elf looks scary, so I choose day elf

Munchables

Night elf, not just because I prefer them, but also because the worgen starting area is GOD AWFUL AND LONG.

joke_explainer

Worgen but abandon the starting area and arduously hoof it to elywynn forest and do their starter content

Scaly Haylie

joke_explainer posted:

Worgen but abandon the starting area and arduously hoof it to elywynn forest and do their starter content

Is that even possible? Worgen have a whole storyline to go through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is that even possible? Worgen have a whole storyline to go through.

Not sure. Worth trying? If you can escape the quest. I remember doing Coldridge Valley as a night elf once.

• Locked thread