Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
problematic hug

if you don't like your hair why not visit the barbers? i haven't looked at the whole thread to see if you have yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

problematic hug posted:

if you don't like your hair why not visit the barbers? i haven't looked at the whole thread to see if you have yet

like i said, maybe we'll fix that next time :v:

Scaly Haylie

"Today," said Thedayelf, "I want nothing so much as a haircut and a day of leisure. No questing."

"Nothing quite says 'day off' like having an entire pie to yourself."

"Next, a new hairstyle. Let's start with a shave, shall we? Clean slate and all that."

"...your finest facial cream, please."

"Much better. Now, I was thinking something a bit more...mysterious? I wasn't really digging the whole 'rugged' look..."

"Thank you, gnomish sir."

"Strange...someone seems to have left an ad copy on the Hero's Call Board.'Tired of the traditional heroic grind?' Boy, am I. 'Need a new direction?' Well, I DID forget what I was doing in Winterspring, and I haven't been quite sure which druidic path suits me. 'Seeking new and exciting powers?' I mean...sure? 'We have a life-changing offer for you. Just one dark ritual seminar lies between you and greatness! If you're interested - and you know you are - come to the Lion's Pride Inn. Order yourself a Northern Blue, get yourself a room and just wait for our representative. Don't forget to drink it all!' "

"Eh, why not? Could be entertaining, if nothing else."

"Bottom's up! Boy, that's...cold..."

"Stuff really packs a punch."

"I'll just...make myself comfortable..."

"...well, poop."

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 10, 2017

Liquid Penguins

by Cowcaster
Mod note: please don't threadshit in byob. Thanks!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 10, 2017

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FluffieDuckie

thank you everyone for staying on topic

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

DEATH KNIGHT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Scaly Haylie

Munchables posted:

DEATH KNIGHT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

the grand tradition of getting bored and making an alt

Plebian Parasite

I don't care much for DKs, but they got a cool starting zone

Plebian Parasite fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 10, 2017

Scaly Haylie

Plebian Parasite posted:

Yeah! I figured it'd be a shame not to show that whole business off, and I'll have a really self-sufficient alt at the end of the LP if nothing else.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 10, 2017

Munchables

Plebian Parasite posted:

DEATH KNIGHT DEATH KNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Scaly Haylie

I'm being stalked, harassed and threatened. This could go on for a while. Theraisedelf will return.

Liquid Penguins

by Cowcaster
I await his return!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Munchables

I hope things clear up for you LizWiz :ohdear:

Scaly Haylie

A hero. That's what you once were.

You stood boldly against the shadow, and purchased another dawn for the world...with your life.

But the evil you fought is not so easily banished. The victory you claimed not so easily held.

For now, the specter of death looms above the world yet again, and it has found new champions to bring about its final reign.

Knights of darkness, wielding runes of death and destruction, bound by the will of the [i]Lich King[i].

This is the hour of their ascension. This is the hour of your dark rebirth.

And indeed, here we are.

Atop a grand balcony on a floating fortress of death, a newly risen Death Knight standing before none other than the Lich King.

...oh man, what? You don't know who the Lich King is? Well, buddy, the answer to that is a long and satisfying story. But I'll try and give you the condensed version.

*ahem*

A long time ago, a powerful orc shaman on a remote world became obsessed with power. His name was Ner'zhul. He managed to open a great and terrible portal to Azeroth, allowing his hordes to slip through, seeking and finding several powerful artifacts along the way. Among them was the skull of the most evil warlock to have ever lived. It whispered to him, and gradually he became more and more obsessed with his own personal gain.

The Alliance, of course, would not abide his conquest, and came right through the portal themselves to end the orcish threat once and for all.

Following a great battle, Ner'zhul and his horde were on the brink of defeat. And so, in desperation, he wielded the entirety of his world's magic, conjuring portals to entirely random worlds, ordering his followers through - and then, abandoning his horde, went through himself.

On the other side was the demon Kil'jaeden, who immediately destroyed all but Ner'zhul's soul, and offered the shaman a chance to work for him. Ner'zhul agreed, and was bound to a massive chunk of ice known as the Frozen Throne. There he had greater power and awareness than ever before, and from there he would act as Lich King, given power over death itself.

It was at this point that Kil'jaeden threw the Frozen Throne to Azeroth, and Ner'zhul began his work in Northrend where he had landed, summarily creating and controlling the undead by way of his unparalleled necromantic and psychic ability.

A whole bunch of poo poo happened, but the long and short of it is that people noticed all these undead and someone tried to blast the Frozen Throne with a laser. This cracked the throne, causing Ner'zhul's power to gradually seep out, weakening the Lich King. At this point he was no longer content to be a pawn of the demons. Through the fissure he pushed a shard of his power, a soul-devouring sword named Frostmourne, and launched it into the wastes of Northrend, waiting for anyone to find it.

It was found by a powerful paladin and elven prince, Arthas Menethil. He was, of course, corrupted and summarily went around wrecking shop for a while under the influence of Ner'zhul. Eventually the throne came under attack, and Arthas hurried to his master's aid.

"Return the blade... complete the circle... release me from this prison!"

Arthas brought Frostmourne upon the throne, shattering it, and donned the armor that had been trapped inside. Ner'zhul and Arthas had fused into a single being, one of the most powerful entities on Azeroth. The Lich King was no longer bound to his throne.

Anyway, I hope you now understand why it's a big deal to see the Lich King. Truth be told, I think the entire Death Knight starting zone is really well done, so I'll be taking my time covering it.

Razuvious, who I just can't take seriously due to his entire design, wants us to get a sword.

We then use what is, truthfully, a pretty awesome forge to turn it into an evil powerdeath sword or some poo poo.

That's about right.

We're then sent right back to the forge to put a rune of power on our sword.

With our blade primed and glowing, it's finally time for some combat.

And, hoo boy, that means it's time to explain Death Knights and how they work. As you may have noticed, our opponent is level 55. SO are we. That's just the level Death Knights start at.

As a direct consequence we have like seven buttons.

And also some weird bars we're not familiar with. Oh god.

Okay, breathe.

Those six skull-emblazoned circles underneath it are Runes, a resource spent by a great many of our abilities. We have six of them and they recharge at a constant rate after being spent, but only three can recharge at a time.

The light blue bar under our health is Runic Power, which is generated whenever we use an ability that spends runes. Runic Power, as you might imagine, fuels our other abilities.

We start in Unholy spec, which means we have this nice little passive ability. Just as spending Runes generates Runic Power, spending Runic Power helps generate Runes, albeit more indirectly. It's a bit of a balancing act.

Ideally we want to set Outbreak on our target, use FS to give them nice debilitating stacks of Festering Wounds, and pop them with SS, firing off Death Coil and refreshing Outbreak when we can.

However, we only have to FS and SS this guy to kill him. Suffice to say the math has been changed since this content was introduced, and things are kind of made of paper as a result.

And oh yes, we have a ghoul minion too.

Anwyay, this update's getting longer than I had expected, so I'm going to split it off here. Next time: lots and lots of evil.

Scaly Haylie

Since the character I'm playing has now changed, I'm thinking of a thread title change maybe. Any suggestions???

Scaly Haylie

It is time now for some evil recon, so- okay wow my sword is bitchin'.

We launch our eye to the sleepy Catholic devout light-worshipping burg of Havenshire.

WELL THIS IS AWKWARD. I guess Death Knights are real popular right now.

We just sort of zip around and scan a few buildings. Hooray for a rudimentary vehicle-based quest.

After our little game of eye-spy, we visit this dude. He's a class trainer. You used to need to visit class trainers every two levels to learn new abilities, but Blizzard rightly decided that class trainers are dumb and you should just get your moves when you level up. But since he mentioned the three schools of the dark arts...let's talk about specs, baby.

Unholy, as mentioned earlier, is what we start as. It's all about damage-over-time as well as zombies, and involves two-handed weaponry.

Frost is a more straightfoward dual-wielding spec that seems to be all about big juicy crits as well as THE POWER OF FROST.

Blood is the tanking spec, relying less on sheer toughness and more on a multitude of defensive and self-healing abilities to be fairly unkillable. Like Unholy, it requires a two-handed weapon.

Full disclosure: I played Unholy throughout the whole tutorial and I didn't like it at all, so we're not going Unholy. Frost or Blood?

Anyway, talk amongst yourselves about spec choice as I descend to the battlefront on a skeletal gryphon.

Say what you will about the Scourge, but they know how to spook up a place.

The war is already on, and among our tasks: go pick up arrows because the Lich King is a cheapskate.

And steal a horse.

Also cut down some of the holy warriors and the commonfolk, but that should go without saying.

Anyway we do the boring poo poo and steal a horse hell yeah.

The horse is destroyed and we are sent into THE SHADOW REALM to retrieve its dark and twisted ghost.

Some rear end in a top hat is already riding our shadow horse, so we use our dominion over death itself to pull him towards us and kill him.

drat, that's a nice horse.

All this busywork causes us to raise in level, and we get to pick a talent. Sure I'll take a skeleton.

Next we infiltrate the mortals' mine to add to the Lich King's army.

We do this by just throwing bug bombs full of plague at the workers, apparently.

And now, a bit of subtlety, if you can imagine such a thing.

:ninja:

Goodness gracious that's a lot of dudes.

Or it was, anyway. :clint:

WOO NEW GEAR CAN'T EVEN SEE IT UNDER OUR GAUNTLETS

We port back to Acherus with our HearthScourgestone to give a status report.

Aw hell yeah, we got pants.

Back into action I guess and- whoa. They sure didn't waste any time.

Skeleton book club coming along nicely.

Theraisedelf do this, Theraisedelf do that. Jeez.

Along the way to the crypt we run into someone who just wants some spooky decorations. We get all three with no issue.

Nice.

You can throw more skulls into the cauldron for more potions. Rest assured we do enough murder to get a good stock of Noth's Original High Performance Energy Drink going.

In the process of doing so, some rando drops a morning star. There's always time to appreciate a good killing implement, no matter how puny it is in the face of our bitchin' evil sword.

Kill the mayor. I mean, sure, why not.

Don't worry, we still get a quest to kill like 30 dudes.

...okay, I don't feel quite so bad about this mass murder now.

Splutch!

We also grab the town registry. I don't recall what significance that has.

Oh. Spoke too soon :downs:

For those of you who don't know, Northrend is where the Lich King lives, and it's the focus of the second expansion, appropriately titled Wrath of the Lich King, or just Wrath for short. Death Knights also came with the expansion, so we can consider this Wrath content.

No more open-toed boots for us! :toot:

And now for this. We just go around auto-attacking people with our apparently two-handed hot poker until one of them fesses up.

It takes quite a while. This is sort of for two reasons: first, they just have a random chance as to whether or not they'll tell you anything. Second, giving out the appropriate info requires them to go through a few lines of dialog first, which are prompted by the beatings.

To make sure this Scarlet Preacher doesn't die before that, I enter a rather silly loop of striking him, then backing off and turning around so he can talk before hitting him again.

In the end, all that we really got out of him was that there's a courier.

Time to gather more intel the way we do best. :getin:

This guy gesticulates wildly and wants us to find one of our comrades.

Thassarian, you're a good egg.

And, uh...

Well, we found him.

We protect him from an onslaught of dudes from within an anti-magic shield of some kind. We accomplish this without issue.

'Scuse me, comin' through

:toot:

We receive some chest armor for our trouble.

Orbaz needs some time to cook up a scheme, so we're sent off for other things. Hell yeah I'll kill a prisoner.

...?

I mean...milk and honey are pretty good, but so's death and destruction and sweet gear, right? :ohdear:

A world in ruin means no Brewfest...but my dark powers do own...

Goddammit.

You made me kill my own drat babysitter, Arthas. :argh:

This will...not...

St-aw gently caress I'm evil again better finish the questline I guess

To quote a friend of mine: Azeroth is a silly place.

Poor fools don't know what they're in for.

We deliver the message ourselves, cunningly disguised.

We can read the journal ourselves, but it just reiterates what we know - part of the Scarlet Crusade (I should mention, they're a faction dedicated to destroying all undead) is going to Northrend under a new banner.

We report back, get some sweet pauldrons, and it's back to the field again. It's a living.

We proceed to rain firedeath on Havenshire like nobody's business.

Not gonna lie, I don't love this helmet.

We ride now to Light's Hope Chapel to end this.

Aaaaaaaand we wait a little while.

Everything seems to be going well...but bursts of holy light keep cutting through the fray. It's too much.

Darion has a moment of clarity thanks to the little boy that still lives in his heart. He remembers.

:cripes:

In what is nothing short of a miracle, Tirion purifies the corrupted holy sword that Darion wields, and damages the Lich King.

:smug:

In short, Tirion's gonna let us into the Alliance.

We cleared out some of the Lich King's forces from Acherus and it was boring as hell, also we have an axe now.

It's good to be home.

Sort of... (not pictured: every guard in the city throwing rotten fruit at us as we pass)

We now live for the Alliance. We're at level 58, and the world is our oyster. The only question that remains is of professions. As we are a Death Knight, anything that is not loving METAL is out of the question. So do we want:

• Blacksmithing, will obviously let us make weapons and armor. Some of it's bound to be useful, but equally important is the fact that this will add to our gear appearances, ultimately broadening our options for fashion at level cap.

• Engineering covers a lot of items that could be considered toys or utility items. As a rule, it's more fun and silly than it is useful.

So, engineering or blacksmithing, and frost or blood?

Munchables

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpKN-U1-bWk&t=55s

also engineering

Scaly Haylie

A tale of blood, sweat and gears it is, then!

9hotonic

(after hearing the library has games , i arrive at the front desk, disguised as a non-gamer)

"er.. im here for some.. book's"
if we're being metal as heck we better choose blood. there's nothing more metal than blood because blood has iron in and iron is a metal

Scaly Haylie

Today, pickaxe in hand, we strike the earth and gather ore, our future uncertain.

We definitely do not wake up this morning and run to the engineering trainer.

We crank out screws and blasting powder. It's not glorious work, but hell, if nothing else, Alliance miners will find a use for the stuff.

We forge what will be perhaps our humblest, but most beloved companion. With it, we can be useful again.

We lovingly fasten our store-bought wooden stock onto a roughshod barrel, nervously licking our lips. Sweat trickles down our undead visage, we focus intently. This rifle may be going straight to the nearest vendor, but it is going to be the finest lovely rifle to ever grace his inventory.

Fundamentals, we tell ourselves. We're doing important work, here. We can't...just...

...grah! We can't just put tab A into slot B day in and day out. We need ADVENTURE!

The Hero's CallTM is too strong!

Stair of Destiny? Burning Legion? Outland?

Rest well, demonic hordes...rest well while you can. For soon, Theraisedelf shall be the engineer OF YOUR DOOM.

Scaly Haylie

Today at long last, we're going to set foot in WoW's first expansion.

Welcome to Outland - the remains of the orc homeworld. It's ever-so-slightly exploded, and home to the Dark PortalTM, which demons once used to invade Azeroth alongside the orcs, who they were controlling at the time. Long story short, they turned the portal back on.

Outland is not a place you want to be, and I don't just mean in terms of it being absolutely hosed. No, I mean we're dealing with more or less vanilla quest design. It kinda blows.

This guy gets it.

We get sent off to kill some demons. The saving grace here is that we kinda gib these monsters easily, but it doesn't give me much room to learn my spec's toolset. :argh:

We get an axe that kinda blows in comparison to our current one, but at least the skin's nice, and we get to keep that forever. Some small consolation for having to quest here.

Oh boy, oh boy.

So the process here is as follows: kill demons, hope they drop their runestones. Because you need eight of them total.

Use the thingo to blow up the portals, which costs four runestones to do each time.

Get a piece of armor that seems to be gunning for some kind of gem-based space fashion flair.

But hey, we get to show off one of the only innovations in Burning Crusade: this expansion introduced the occasional mechanic of throwing bombs from a gryphon on a set flight path, which would later be fleshed out into full-on vehicle stuff like we've seen in the now-revamped base game.

And that's about enough for today. I just want to point something out, though.

Strength and agility. This is terrible. There was once a time where you might want this; agility contributed some to dodge chance among other things, and strength gave rogues a bit of attack power. But to simplify things, Blizzard basically made it so any given class benefits solely from Strength, Agility or Intellect - plus secondary stats, but I'll talk about those when we see some on gear.

Blizzard has gone back and re-tuned gear in a lot of past content since they streamlined secondary stats in general a while ago, but Burning Crusade? Nope, couldn't be bothered.

gently caress this dumb Outland.

Munchables

Hey, at least if you're a hunter you can grab pet dinos

Scaly Haylie

Oh, if only. No, we're still stuck in Hellfire Peninsula.

Promptly our dwarven friend sends us to a wobbly little chunk of land, and here we find a dwarf in charge of some gryphons.

Oh, you wanted variety? Nope, more of this.

We do get a look at a Fel Reaver, though. You don't want to mess with those.

Oh hey, speak of the devil.

Lots of spooky space-demon industrial machinery out here.

The big fella and his little demonic helpers are easily dispatched.

Next we beat the poo poo out of some fel cannons that threaten a nearby Horde encampment. Those filthy orcs may be our enemies, but if we keep them alive here on Outand, we keep the Burning Legion spread thin. Strategy!

Hope you like the word "fel".

Finally, we beat up one of their commanders and take his keys so we can turn off their summoning gate. That should set 'em back. :clint:

We meet a friendly goblin, of all things! They were just impartial NPCs until the third expansion, so fair enough.

The parts are just lying around down there, albeit guarded by a number of nasty burrowing worms.

We then save the dude's cohorts, who have been kidnapped by fel orcs.

Fel orcs are orcs who have drank demon blood. They're bad news. I guess they eat goblins? :iiam:

Whilst on our quest to kill a bunch of these dudes, we gather up some scrap materials for a dwarf back at Honor Hold. Much like the base game prior to the Cataclysm facelift, Burning Crusade loves to dump a lot of quests on you at once.

Between murders, I have a civil political discussion with a well-mannered fellow player over chat.

Our next task is a bit more convoluted. It involves placing flare launching mechanisms underneath the watchtowers of this fel orc settlement...

...so that our dwarven friends can bomb them.

We also pick up an encoded letter from the Burning Legion somewhere along the way, revealing to us that there's a bigger and badder demon hiding in the area.

Before we attend to that, however, and since we're already having a bad time on this red, demon-infested planet, it's time to undertake a mission on what is both the bone zone and a literal genocide path.

:ok:

:hellyeah:

Off the back of our questing, we reach level 60. If you've played WoW before, you know what that means.

FLYING TIME MOTHERFUCKERS

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Check out this sick bonus content:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE4MkWZInR0

----------------
i honestly believe you are tripping right now.

Scaly Haylie

Pretty sick, but I remain unsure what it has to do with WoW.

JuulPodSaveAmerica

Lizard Wizard posted:

Pretty sick, but I remain unsure what it has to do with WoW.
I'm a Sourceror. I don't need a reason! As much as I appreciate lizard wizardry, I paid the ultimate price for my powers. I have been existing in a state of perpetual martyrdom for a bunch of invisible assholes who don't know me, don't appreciate me, and just like to watch me suffer! Somehow, I'm having fun. It ends now.

----------------

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Sorry if this is unbyob, but:

People aren't allowed to put words in my mouth.

----------------

Munchables

What

Scaly Haylie

take your meds, blanketspace.

JuulPodSaveAmerica
I do! I'm on a little trazodone, and I'm totally sane. I just have some issues with insomnia.

----------------

Scaly Haylie

Previously, I had planned on showing off an event slated for the 31st with Bob Huggins. Turns out that's not an option, so back to Hellfire Peninsula!

Outland questing being what it is, let's go over what I'm actually doing in all this combat. Marrowrend is a melee attack costing two of my five runes. It creates these handy dandy spinning bones, which provide a flat damage reduction and boost my haste. Each use of Marrowrend adds three charges to the bone shield, and I lose a charge whenever it I get hit. I can store up to a total of ten charges. If you're confused, just think of the charges as my bone shield's durability in this case.

Haste is a fun stat. It makes me attack a little faster, but perhaps more importantly, it makes my runes regenerate faster too!

Last but not least, Marrowrend generates 20 Runic Power (RP) per use.

Heart Strike whaps whoever our target may be, and one enemy near said target if one is close enough, dealing damage and generating runic power. We get 5 RP from using Heart Strike, and 2 more for any additional targets nearby.

That's where our fancy evil circle, Death and Decay, comes into play. Normally, Heart Strike can only attack two targets: the guy we're actually targeting and one nearby enemy. Death and Decay lets us hit up to three more dudes, giving us way more RP generation. We even get a trickle of RP for standing in our DaD thanks to a talent!

That having been said, DaD is going to see more use tanking in dungeons than while out in the world questing, if only for the simple fact that you rarely fight even two dudes at once whilst collecting bear asses.

And what do we spend all of this RP on? Death Strike. It costs a whopping 45 RP and hits like a truck, as well as healing us for 20% of all damage taken in the last 5 seconds. It will always restore a minimum of 10% of our health, though.

Obviously we'll get more bang for our buck with this one while tanking, since we take more damage whilst keeping the baddies off of our party members.

Anyway, we kill a very familiar looking model in the mines.

Then we're sent to kill upwards of 30 ghosts for reasons I can't really fathom.

Then we go "oh hey, maybe these ghosts are important ghosts" and kill them too. Bear in mind that, at the time of this game's release, actually learning to fly required you to have a small fortune in terms of gold. A Legion character like Bob Huggins can sneeze and get about that much gold, which is just about the only reason I'm not going insane from all this back-and-forth bullshit.

...you know, it really says something that sifting through fresh dog poo poo for car keys is the most inspired thing the game has made me do.

I would go to Booty Bay IRL. But our work here is not done! We are promptly sent into this gobbo's mine to kill some who-the-gently caress-cares demon.

We get a helmet with a candle on it, but unfortunately it has agility. Useless, yet spiffy.

We'll wrap up Hellfire Peninsula next time!

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Yo what happened to your drood?

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Scaly Haylie

Chill la Chill posted:

Yo what happened to your drood?

He got corrupted by the mighty Lich King, by which I mean I wanted to show off DKs

Shaquin
the best set of armor in the game is the blue and dingy gold recolor of the DK starting zone armor from Naxx that makes you look like a straight Slaaneshi Chaos Knight

Shaquin
Pleasure, for pleasures sake

Scaly Haylie

We're back, visiting the Pools of Aggronar to mop up some demons. First off is this large red fellow, who-

Oh okay he died in like two hits. One thing worth noting, it seems that the goblin's demon dog or whatever is still following us. Something of an oversight, I imagine.

While dealing with some lesser demons, we stop to take a look at Aggronar himself - or rather, his remains. Pretty neat imo.

After all of that, we get sent off to meet up with some of the Draenei around here. As you may recall, this world was known as Draenor before it was blown to poo poo.

What you need to understand is this: there was once a race called the Eredar. They pledged allegiance to a demonic Titan, who corrupted most of them. Some of them decided to get out while the getting was good, and those would be the Draenei, or "exiled ones".

As for what a Titan is, that would involve a spiel about the creation of the universe. That can wait.

Ah, my favorite quest - the thing we just did five minutes ago, but again.

Some guy, I wanna say Obedai, wants us to find his brother. Seems pretty clear he died of an orc attack!

So we're given a quest to retaliate by this droopy fucker. He's a Broken, which is a subset of Draenei that were changed by a former allegiance to demons.

Obedai is not very happy about his friend making us murder orcs behind his back.

Time to get some relics!

...we do that. :effort:

There's some Broken to help out at these ruins.

We help them escape and inspire them and knock over their horrible demonic captor, it's really not that well written and there's not much else to say on the matter.

The relics let us see a vision of that dude's dead brother and we get the stunning revelation that what we thought was a murder by orcs was a murder by orcs. Wow, Outland sure is cruel and bleak, I say to myself.

We score some gloves off the back of killing some rando violence birds for a quest, they look boss but are again ruined by having a stat that literally does not function for our class anymore on it.

Then we are sent away to some druids who are just druiding it up.

We get demon pig blood the best way we know how.

Furthermore, we deal with some big crystal guys that the druids don't like the look of.

There's probably a root cause, but hosed if Tola'thion here can be bothered to put any thought into the matter.

We're sent to try and purify the gigantic red crystal, only to receive the revelation that...the crystal was dropped into the land by evil guys. For evil. I mean, gently caress, that's literally the explanation. How could I even care?

We can take some solace knowing that our clownsuit is coming along nicely, though.

Smash cut to this quest where we use a relic that pulls the ghosts out of fel orcs we kill so that we can kill their ghosts, because some dude needs to be exorcised and we apparently really need to do this before his soul will settle down.

I honestly cannot blame the game for having a goofy exorcism scene. Fair enough.

Finally, though, we're just about done with this zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

ThingOne

Would you like some tofu?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Finally, though, we're just about done with this zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM
There's the Hellfire I know and love.

[DarthLegolulz] Yells: K E K

ThingOne

Would you like some tofu?

Also, all you really need to know about the Titans is that they're living planets who created everything and Sargeras is Galactus.

ThingOne fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 7, 2017

Scaly Haylie

Today, we're headed for Shattrath City by way of our excellent Hearthstone tie-in mount.

...but that's mostly because it's the only place to portal back to Azeroth. :shobon:

Blizzard decided to be generous and let Death Knights start with 270 First Aid skill, meaning we won't have to jog all over Azeroth collecting tattered cloth to heal ourselves acceptably. Also, don't worry about those two top recipes there.

Faire's back motherfuckers

We pitch in for a few tasty dollops of XP and some skill-ups, same as ever.

Oh hey, there is ONE quest we could wrap up in Hellfire...

It's off on our drake to the Blasted Lands, while we receive an invite to a guild with a pretty good name from a death knight with also a pretty good name. We decline, however.

A bit of a flap later, we return and give the dwarf his ale.

The ensuing quest is tedious, but it scores us a hat that we can pull a drink from every hour. Pretty sweet.

...say, what day is it?

oh hell yes holiday time

To be quite honest, I'm as lukewarm about Fantasy Valentine's Day as I am with actual Valentine's Day. I can't fathom why the event lasts a fortnight.

I'm not gonna go for the cheevos this time around, but what kind of adventurer would I be if I turned down the free XP?

We slip into the auction house to spritz a number of players whose noses are surely buried deep in whatever Pro Auctioneer 3000 mod they have installed.

However, it looks like something stinks he- I honestly did not remember that the questgiver made that joke.

Smash cut to near the end of the questline because I'm short on time today, turns out there's some kind of mind control chemical in the perfume and we tailed one of their lackeys and so on and so forth.

So begins our trek far, far to the north.

After many pit stops for mining, we set down in Ambermill, where - say, do you see that squirrel?

Oh gently caress it's a Battle Pet.

Now this, I extremely give a hoot about. Battle Pets, introduced in Mists of Pandaria, are, well...they're pretty blatantly pokemon. Of note is the fact that most Battle Pets already existed before Pet Battles were introduced - but not as Battle Pets. They were just mostly little cosmetic pets, whereas most wild Battle Pets were previously just little decorative critters and pests.

During this week-long event, our Battle Pets gain triple XP from fights.

Also, our character gains XP from winning fights too. This is gonna be a good week to not quest in Outland. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

When last we left off, we were going to grind XP out of pet battles. And so we do! I'm not going to get too deep into the minutia, but our team of three consists of:

Lil' Ragnaros, who is good at setting things on fire and hitting things with his hammer,

Warbot, who is good at poisoning things and punching things,

And Forest Moth, who is fast and good at hitting things multiple times in a row.

Both Raggy and the moth are Rare (blue) quality, which, as with loot, means that their stats are better than things of Uncommon (green) quality. Sadly, the Warbot's just green, but we might be able to upgrade him at some point. And yes, two out of three of these pets were promotional freebies.

We beat up some trainers, and keep doing our Fantasy Valentine's dailies because whoops there's a mount and I want it!

One such daily involves kicking the poo poo out of a boss encounter which acts as an extremely short dungeon.

We basically faceroll it with ease.

Another source of valuable Love Tokens is this quest to give charm bracelets to most of the Alliance faction leaders. It's made explicitly clear that we're doing this by making charms out of bone shards and any other pretty objects that may be left over when we kill an enemy that gives XP. I can only imagine what they look like. :allears:

Well how 'bout that, time to go back to Outland.

We venture into areas that can better sate our strong, muscular pets' lust for death, hoovering up frankly embarassing amounts of XP and climbing to level 65.

And with that, we're ready to go to our second and last questing zone for Outland. Next time.

• Locked thread