Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Every time Gotham is renewed, it keeps the cast from getting roles in some popular Marvel movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Bring forth the ham.

All the ham.

We must get all the ham.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Zebulon posted:

Bring forth the ham.

All the ham.

We must get all the ham.

FLAWLESS VICTORY.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So apparently that was a different actress as Firefly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

So apparently that was a different actress as Firefly.

Did anyone notice or care?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I didn't notice, but a friend did. Not sure it mattered that much to either of us.

The change I did notice is that they've decided to drop the I AM A LIVING GOD thing. Massive shame, that was super fun.

(I wonder if they're going to do something with her, Ivy and Selina, given that they're all friends -- or friends through Selina, at any rate.)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

Did anyone notice or care?

I did. I noticed immediately. I miss Michelle Veintimilla. :(

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Phylodox posted:

I did. I noticed immediately. I miss Michelle Veintimilla. :(

She's going to be in Raul Constillo's new thing, so presumably there was a scheduling conflict.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So they are going to go with the Batman Returns origin for Catwoman? Okay, that actually fits with the sillyness of the show. Though I was kinda hoping they'd do the thing from Long Halloween where it's revealed she was Falcones illegitimate daughter. Though they could still do that.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Liking this episode so far. The Ra's/Bruce parts and the Selena/Ivy parts are both pretty good.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Based on the events immediately prior and the trailer for next week, I'm extremely glad they're not going to drag out the "Bruce Clone fooling everyone" for an interminable amount of time.

Not sure where they're going with this absurdly long con for Bruce Wayne though. Ras is working with Katherine to do something with/to Bruce but having him believe that he's in Nanda Parbat to train for Gotham or be its savior, right? Isn't this the SAME group that just wanted to straight up murder/sacrifice the kid a few seasons back?

Also, are we not going to get the Lazarus Pool, or does the Arrowverse own the rights to that?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

is Arlo actually Ra's? I thought Alexander Siddig was cast for that role.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

You are so RIGHT and I am apparently very WRONG. Arlo is listed as "The Shaman" everywhere, so maybe Ras is getting his own reveal?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Uh the gently caress?

:psyduck:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
*shrug*

Gotham.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

twistedmentat posted:

Uh the gently caress?

:psyduck:

The worst Cenobite or some leftover costumes from Titus.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

New Hellboy reboot lookin' like poo poo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The weirdest thing is why is he holding what looks like a elementary school desk in his other hand.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I thought Barnes was really tedious when he was introduced, but I can take that all back now :allears:

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

My name is Axehand Conquistador, you killed my father, prepare to die.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I don't really watch this show, but due to life circumstances I've been catching episodes here and there and I'm seriously impressed at the effort a lot of these actors who play characters like The Riddler and Penguin and even Mad Hatter put into their portrayls.

Seriously, the dude who plays Edward Nigma does a hell of a job.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I love how people in the Agents of SHIELD thread are aghast at a robot eye getting drilled out while Gotham follows up the very next week with graphic onscreen decapitation, hand shotgunned down to a bloody stump, and self-mutilation.

Also, Ed and Oswald's bickering was fantastic, as well as Alfred and not-Bruce's headbutt contest, and Bullock's increasing levels of exasperation.

This might have been my favourite episode overall.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Ed and Oswald are like two 7 year olds bickering and I love it.

"Edward. Edward! EDWARDEDWARDEDWARDEDWARDEDWARD"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
*stabs in hand* I'm not a Cop, I'm a Butler

I always like rich and powerful villains in TV and movies come into contact with someone who doesn't give a poo poo.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Is Bruce finally going to stop screwing around now or is it yet again time to fake out his training?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know if we really need another plot of main character being recruited by someone in the Court of Owls to destroy it.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I know he's supposed to be some hard as nails, former SAS doorkicker, but with all the hits he takes the head on a weekly basis, Alfred has to have maybe two or three functioning braincells left.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gotham Alfred is best Alfred.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Came here just to mention that I snickered a little when, in last night's episode, Jim and Bullock found the Court of Owls map and it was an Owl of Quartz. :v:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

subpar anachronism posted:

Came here just to mention that I snickered a little when, in last night's episode, Jim and Bullock found the Court of Owls map and it was an Owl of Quartz. :v:

okay this is cleaver.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

"Special Guest Star Jada Pinkett Smith" Nooooooooooo!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

"Special Guest Star Jada Pinkett Smith" Nooooooooooo!

Maybe she'll show up an instantly be killed?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whelp, just confirmed Ra's showing up. He just said he served someone else.

(Was a little worried since it has been so long since the casting news.)

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I think Gordon is done for this time!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Everyone on this show looks like they have so much more fun being a villain.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lee escaping was really, really stupid.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Lee escaping was really, really stupid.

Yeah, but Jim grabbing the idiot ball was stupider.

Jim: Hmmm. OK, Lee took the virus, and I'm pretty sure she injected herself. Oh... OK, here we are. Hey, cop dudes? Yeah, go ahead and go away. I'll go in and handle this person who is a little crazy at best [seeing as how she stole the virus] or superhumanly strong and evil at worst all by myself. No backup. Hell, I don't even want any witnesses in the 'un'-likely event that this meeting with a crazy woman or superwoman somehow goes awry. See you later! Don't look back! And whatever you do, don't go somewhere and follow me or Lee if we leave. Just go. Everything's going to be OK, because it's just one of those days. Bye!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

poo poo looks bonkers in the finale sneak preview.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
*punch*... 'slag' was my non-penguin highlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how they basically just introduced Fish in the episode long enough for her to hit everything that makes her terrible.

I'm Fish Mooney and I am respected, because I say so! *everyone instantly grovels* What has she ever done to instill respect or loyalty to anyone in this show?

• Locked thread