Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

The Bloop posted:

I'm glad they didn't kill off Penguin.

And why would they? Was that even a rumor?

I don't think the show has killed off any "should be alive while Bruce is an adult" Bat-universe characters except for Maroni (and, if you count him, Galavan as Azrael).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
I mostly know Lee / Leslie Thompkins from the Animated Series, where she used to be a colleague of Bruce's father and I think once was sweet on Alfred.

But I like this Lee too. I'd love to see the Gotham versions of Lee and Gordon in their late fifties, him the mustachioed grumpy white-haired Commissioner and her running her street clinic in Crime Alley, and occasionally a case makes them cross their paths and by their uncomfortable looks and comments you are reminded that they've been through some real poo poo together in the past and there are all sorts of unresolved emotions that they never really talked about.

Likewise I love to imagine an older fatter Penguin, whose original attraction to Nygma has festered into bitter poisonous resentment that always compels him to try extra hard to one-up this particular foe, maybe even assisting Batman with clues during one of the Riddler's crime sprees ("Just doing my duty as a concerned businessman") just to see Nygma fail. While on the other hand Nygma will always be able to gloatingly dangle Penguin's earlier affection over Oswald's head and taunt him about it - especially once the inevitable villain team-ups start to happen.

What I'm saying is I for one am OK with the re-imaginings, and even if the show goes on for only one more season, it would be cool to see a reunion miniseries with this cast some twenty years down the road.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

They put out a trailer for season 4 but its not much of anything, mainly just a recap of season 3. There is a little extra info at the end and it looks like next season is going to start off with Scarecrow.

For God's sake don't link it or anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd3Dp4zVJmY

• Locked thread