Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I still think the behind the scenes reason they replaced Ivy is super skeevy and gross, but Gotham has been good this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

twistedmentat posted:

I can believe he thought he could do it without using his Dad's connections, but the gun thing is just silly. I mean again I mentioned Tetch's hypnotism is basically infallible, but there is an actual difference in weight with a pistol that is or not loaded.

What is the reason?

The child who plays Cat got hot, but Ivy didn't, so she fell into a hole and a girl with boobs crawled out:barf: Pretty sure I read an interview where the people in charge said it wasn't just so they could sex up the character, but then her 2nd "introduction" scene was some schlub doing a "gee golly look at this purdy distressed lady who fell into my lap!" thing. Maybe it's because the old actress wasn't good enough but I liked the original casting. I want more crazy plant lady and less uma thurman sexy mind control.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm just spitballing a dumb solution, but a potentially quick fix to this thing could have been Ivy being killed and reveal an older female relative Pamela Pepper/Isley wanting revenge against the city. (This Gotham, both the show and the city, so this is all possible):

If something happens where you'd kill off Ivy in some way (she was in dangerous environments and the actress is gone, anyway). her older half-sister/aunt/cousin, upon learning of her death, could sort of snapped and swoop in to become Poison Ivy.

Ivy got her interest in plants at such a young age from her Aunt Pam or Cousin Pam, and Pam's a Gotham State U. undergrad at the start of the season who has to identify Ivy.

Pamela starts to plot revenge against all the forces in the city she sees as part of cause of Ivy's death and eventually adopts the name Poison Ivy in tribute. She'd have lots of targets. She could blame the GCPD and Gordon because without them, her father would be alive, her mom would be alive and Ivy wouldn't have been homeless on the street and working with criminals. She could blame the crime gangs. Eventually the entire system becomes her target. Etc. A dangerous killer by night who finds way to kill people in plant-related ways while during the day she's popular and very promising college student who uses both sides of her life to make further progress in the other.

Hollywood guy:
Hey how bout instead of an interest in plants she got me interested with some implants heyooooo:pedo:

I'm sure the new actress will deliver, they've done good casting in this show. I thought Mad Hatter looked off at first but he won me over, and Penguin/Nygma is still inspired loving casting.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 31, 2016

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
YEah Hannibal's the king, but Gotham is actually really good about doing creepy/violent deaths. I'm so used to network TV violence but every time I expect a punch to be pulled Gotham surprises me and makes it bit more brutal.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gonz posted:

I'm dreading the eventual return of Fish Mooney to the storylines.

yeah Riddler's gonna take down Penguin and I bet he goes sulking back to her when he's back to nothing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmaoooo Tetch's foil is just playing in to his stupid rhyming game and he can't help but give you his plan back in rhyme form. *italian finger kiss*

perfect

EDIT: aw boo it was a plan i think?

EDIT2: hhahahaha I love Action Alfred popping in with a handgun
EDIT2.5: lmfaaoooooo wtf Action Alfred??? you nasty

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 29, 2016

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Penguin was on Billy on The Street's season premiere. Apparently the actor and Billy Eichner are childhood friends, they had some funny chemistry. What Batman villain would Eichner fit into?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I loved the staple gun scene and joker calling his henchman over with a "yo! gimme my face fixer thing."

I saw a lot more Hamil in his performance this episode.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cobblepot gonna get rescued and nursed back to health by a big fuckoff queen penguin and it's flock. Like what the hell else can happen? He needs to get that taste for raw fish soon

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The eyes separating from the face as Bruce punched him was grosser and more subtle I think. The face slowly de-centering every time the camera cut back to it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JesseHechtCREATIVE posted:

Sorry to butt in, is this show good? I've been a fan of the old Batman Animated Series and I really like the Batman villains, so is this show worth the watch? Also, are there skippable seasons / episodes? Thanks!

you could probably skip season 1, it ramps up in season 2. Then watch season 1 if you're desperate for more content once you're caught up.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Burning_Monk posted:

The moment where they have a super villian hardware store with a kid shoplifting dynamite was the real "Got Ham" moment for me.

It's gloriously unrepentant in it's cheese.

Yeah, not many shows turn around on a DIME but that scene is the clear marker point for the uptick in quality.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Aw man Gotham is so god drat good. That was a kickass finale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Whoever makes the sets for Gotham deserves a raise. It's such a good looking show.

• Locked thread