Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

jfood posted:

Penguin and [Riddler] legit need to gently caress. So much tension!
I loved how when Oswald guessed the answer to the riddle, Butch was in the back rolling his eyes like "just get a room already, you two"

(Can any of you gif-wizards make one of that scene?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Acacia REI posted:

Also, what does everyone think about Gordon's decision last night? I mean it's obvious he didn't want either of them to die, but do you think he told The Mad Hatter to kill Lee because he knew TMH was going to do the opposite? I kind of thought it was his way of secretly telling him to shoot Valerie instead.

Just watched the episode, and I had the same thought --- that he picked Lee, knowing Hatter would shoot Valerie instead. The theory I posited to my bf was: if you know someone's getting shot, do you want it to be the journalist, or the trained doctor? Let the journalist get shot, so the doctor can help afterwards. Cold, pragmatic logic, but our boy Jim has seen some poo poo. I can see that being his motivation.

I also gotta give props to this show for making Mad Hatter a creepy as gently caress guy. From my experience of Batman comics, Mad Hatter was never really scary, he was a dwarf with hypno-hats and a Carroll fetish. This incarnation is actually spooky.

twistedmentat posted:

Though I'd think that Don Falcone would probably use the influence he has left to get the criminals in the city to not worth with Tetch.

This was my big nitpick with the ep; when Mario found out where his fiance was being held hostage, why wasn't he on the phone with dad asking "yo, I need an armada of Mafia, stat"?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

How did nobody notice the big hole in the bathroom wall?

Also Penguin's outfit this week was pretty snazzy.

Yeah, aside from the fact that apparently no one at the party heard that fight, or the goddamn wall getting a man-sized hole busted in it... Jim, you just found a man who has obviously fallen from a great height onto a car. Maybe, idk, try looking up to see where he fell from, detective? That was pretty bad.

However, Penguin's outfit was indeed pretty good. I loved that coat with the green-gold sheen in the sunlight. Penguin's always rockin' some cool threads.

Any theories on this Isabella woman? My husband had the idea that she ties in with this face-transplanting plastic surgeon guy somehow, but we couldn't flesh (ha) out the theory beyond that.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Phylodox posted:

I still say it's Clayface.

I mentioned that theory to my spouse when we were talking about it, and he said "but Clayface, for being an actor, was TERRIBLE at being fake Gordon. You think he could pull off being a sexy woman and clever enough to get Ed's riddles?"

As a woman who had an unhealthy addiction to All My Children in the 80's & 90's (thanks, mom), I'm going with "surprise twin sister/cousin, who's out for slow revenge" angle. Gotham does get pretty soap opera-y in its own way.

• Locked thread