Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

tarlibone posted:

I wonder if Ed is going to fall hard for Not The Kringle, then Penguin finds out about it (and it's not like Ed has any reason to keep it a secret), then Penguin kills Not The Kringle, then Ed finds out and swears vengeance.
This was my exact first thought when I saw that scene.

I hope it's not what actually happens, because it's too predictable, but that's probably how this scenario is going to pan out.

Please let her be a figment of his imagination...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I'm actually liking this show a lot more than I ever thought I would. Honestly I thought the first few episodes of the series were really cheesy, with too many villains hamfisted into the scenes, but I stuck with it anyway because I really liked Penguin's character and thought his performance was really good. It's still kind of cheesy and predictable, but it's also fun to watch. I like most of the characters and think they're doing pretty well in their roles.

Also, what does everyone think about Gordon's decision last night? I mean it's obvious he didn't want either of them to die, but do you think he told The Mad Hatter to kill Lee because he knew TMH was going to do the opposite? I kind of thought it was his way of secretly telling him to shoot Valerie instead.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I liked the episode, but I thought it was a little cheesy when the knife slipped into the water, predictably setting Jim up to look like the bad guy here.

I thought Riddler's scheme to find out how Penguin really felt was hilarious/genius. I laughed pretty loud when it happened.

Gonz posted:

GCPD headquarters is truly the CTU of the Batman universe. Full of moles, a different chief every season, and is constantly being infiltrated and assaulted by criminals and terrorists.

This lol

Acacia REI fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 9, 2016

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

That too. Like the whole setup in the final scene was a little disappointing to me. I wanted Falcone's son to be apprehended. Not only because I'm kind of tired of Gordon being setup to look like the bad guy, but I kind of liked the dude before he got infected. But no, now he's dead. And now we're being set up for a really annoying plot where Lee blames him for everything and he sulks while desperately trying to prove his innocence so Falcone doesn't have him assassinated.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

That was a hell of a finale! And I love it when shows combine two-part endings into one big 2 hour block, it just makes everything seem more cinematic and intense when there isn't a whole week breaking the finale up.

I hope the writers are finally done with Lee though. I just don't like the way she's written. She always felt more like a walking plot device than an actual character (even if she was pretty great in the finale).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Another thing I want to say is I actually like that they take so much artistic liberty with the source material. It's the thing I hear people do don't like this show complain about the most (not necessarily here, just people I know). I understand that a lot of people don't like it when writers deviate from the original source but I feel like that's kind of the point of remakes/reboots/etc. As far as I'm concerned they're more or less glorified fanfiction anyway and I like seeing new takes on classic favorites. I get it and all, but I don't think I would enjoy this show nearly as much as I do if they weren't taking so much artistic liberty with the story and characters.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Evil Lee sticking around a la Barbara would have been fun. She and Barnes could've teamed up!

Speaking of Barnes though, I hope he's never cured

That actually crossed my mind too until she was cured. Then it was like "well there goes that fun idea but whatever at least she left on a train."

• Locked thread