Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

twistedmentat posted:

So I like how they decided to adapt the story that utterly and forever ruined the Joker for me. Oh look he doesn't have a face isn't that scary! Plus the show's limited vision of the Joker is laughs at everything and kills people.

Not saying it's not lovely writing or an excuse to use the Joker without using the Joker, but the snow runners have always maintained that their version of the Joker for now is that it's never one person, but a psychological virus (or basically a meme) that organically spreads and infects.

And at least for the most part, they've built and stuck to the internal logic of that idea.

It's not that bad of an idea really. In a way it plays off the old "the Joker has no definitive origin" thing from The Killing Joke and used to great effect in The Dark Knight.

But ultimately, gently caress it. This is an Elseworlds Batman story. Who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
It's been so long I forgot that there was still a season going.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I've grown to love this show after departing during season 1, but then binging and catching up several months ago. Though I do feel they do recycle ideas a bit too much. Someone already pointed out the clone thing feels like deja vu, but the Nygma going "nuts" thing is a bit deja vu too as we was like that after he killed that woman and etc. etc. I still like it though. James Remar is a welcome addition to any cast.

And yeah, that's totally Na-na-na-na-na-na-nan-da Parbutt at the end there, and I should've remember since I'd heard about the excellent casting news for I'M RA'S AL GHUL.

But I think I've heard here on SA and elsewhere that Fox hates this show and wants it to die and we're not getting another season. Any idea how true any of that is? The :twentyfour: hiatus seemed like a real rough move on Fox's part, and not something you'd do to a show you're rooting for.

It's a shame if true, because I feel this show puts Batman '66, Batman '89, Batman:TAS, and Batman Begins in a blender (all without the Batman himself) to great and entertaining results. And my favorite thing really is how they use villains and things from the comic books that are often seldom used in other adaptations (beyond animated anyway) like the Electricutioner, Azrael, and Court Of Owls.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Raymond J Berry is such a weird loving choice for someone associated with the League Of Shadows, but ok, he is pretty good.

:rip: James Remar.

So who's the ninja? Just a LoS flunky? Who/what is in the Indian Hills crate? Can someone remind who besides Hugo Strange was actually behind the Indian Hills program?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

McPhearson posted:

And the ninja was a talon; a group of fiercely loyal assassins who work for the court of owls.

Yeah I know about the CoO and Talons, but didn't think about that being a Talon over LoS ninja. Interestingly enough, they're very similar. No wonder they've made this link in the show.

• Locked thread