Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So I literally watched two seasons the last few weeks so that I could watch this episode live.

I don't know what to think of tonight.

Part of it I think is that I don't particularly care for Fish and I'm not entirely convinced that Penguin will win this one.

I predict that who we think of as Bruce will get murdered by mask lady and her crew. Then we'll find out that the doppelgänger somehow is the real Bruce and he gets his memory back.

Was that supposed to be killer croc in the beginning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

tarlibone posted:

I've seen dumber ways of recasting characters. Hell, I've seen a dumber way of coming up with Poison Ivy. Ahem.

Batman and Robin was a bad movie but Uma was actually a great Ivy. :colbert:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

sector_corrector posted:

Batman and Robin owns. It's a guy taking a super serious nerd icon, throwing out everything nerds care about, and turning it into a gay love story. Which pissed off nerds, and is therefore great.

Edit: It also imagined Gotham city as a place where huge art deco statues hold up the highway system.

I confess a certain guilty pleasure for that movie. Because it's hokey as hell but in an endearing dumb way and is fun.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

twistedmentat posted:

Is Fish Mooney the worst written and acted character in TV history? I swear I've never seen something to amateurish than her. Plus her henchmen see to be the kind of characters that you'd see in a bad 90s movie where they felt that cool was goth club wear.

God drat someone just put a bullet in her head.

I like how one of her goons is meth head Quicksilver.

I don't like Fish but she's not the worst written character. I don't really care about the actress. It just seems fairly clear to me that the writers really like her.

ShortLeroy posted:

So why did they recast Ivy to being much older than Bruce and Selina? I liked that little group of friends and how they'd each grow up to take a different path.

Is it me or is Ben McKenzie now playing Gordon like the Clayface doppelganger?

I haven't seen this weeks episode yet so forgive me if this has happened already. I've just assumed it was to give Jim another crazy woman to mess around with or something.

Also boobs.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

muscles like this? posted:

Really just jumping right in with the Mad Hatter.

Mad Hatter is really perfect for this world though.

So far a great depiction of him. Granted, my only other two points of reference are Adam West batman with the popup hat of doom and Batman TAS who was basically a pedo.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

bull3964 posted:

If you saw her appearance on the Daily Show, you would know that this thread's opinion is in the minority about the character.

I don't watch the daily show but how's that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

bull3964 posted:

She got huge cheers when Trevor mentioned her role on Gotham and he pretty much gushed over it too. I think she even mentioned the character was brought back due to popularity.

The Daily Show audience is hardly a good cross section of the audience. Unless the targeted audience is smug college kids.

But if she was truly brought back "due to popularity" that's just surprising to me. Because she's a bad character. I don't have Reddit rage about her or anything I just find her completely uninteresting.

• Locked thread