Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is Fish Mooney the worst written and acted character in TV history? I swear I've never seen something to amateurish than her. Plus her henchmen see to be the kind of characters that you'd see in a bad 90s movie where they felt that cool was goth club wear.

God drat someone just put a bullet in her head.

I like how one of her goons is meth head Quicksilver.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's just that Fish comes across in every scene as "look how loving cool I am!" in everything she does, and all the other characters are talking about how cool and awesome she is. It feels like a bad fanfiction with a self insert character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Despite this having two of my least favorite things ever, the obviously evil clone and the Hypnotist that can hypnotize everyone instantly, i enjoyed this.

Though are they saying Keene instead of Kane now?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Proto Bane at least. And glad they got through the clone Bruce quickly. That would not have been fun, but I'm sad that Mad Hatter has turned into the cliched villain "Oh no i was obsessed with someone who died through my fault but I'll blame the hero!" revenge story.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Open Source Idiom posted:

If the plot ends with Hatter combining his dual obsessions with Alice and Gordon, and forcing Gordon to dress up as Alice, it'll all be worth it.

I like this. I really wish Gordon had just gone "Nope, gently caress you and your games. I didn't kill them, you did asshat". He started to do that, but obvious the story can't move on if he rejects the villains overly elaborate plans.

Though I'd think that Don Falcone would probably use the influence he has left to get the criminals in the city to not worth with Tetch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

JacquelineDempsey posted:

This was my big nitpick with the ep; when Mario found out where his fiance was being held hostage, why wasn't he on the phone with dad asking "yo, I need an armada of Mafia, stat"?

I can believe he thought he could do it without using his Dad's connections, but the gun thing is just silly. I mean again I mentioned Tetch's hypnotism is basically infallible, but there is an actual difference in weight with a pistol that is or not loaded.

bring back old gbs posted:

I still think the behind the scenes reason they replaced Ivy is super skeevy and gross, but Gotham has been good this season.

What is the reason?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat is Tetch annoying. He's fallen into the crappy writing hole of "we'll just make him rhyme every time he says something, that shows he's insane and clever!" that almost always follows Mad Hatter as most writers just have him as the Alice in Wonderland themed villain.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Yeah he sucks, but I'm biased because I've always disliked Mad Hatter.

Also I was really hoping for not Kringle to just be a hallucination, now I guess I can only hope for: Kringle's twin sister here for revenge on Nigma. The whole ok you killed her but that's OK cuz soulmates is pretty weird, though this is Gotham so maybe not that weird.

Yea, he is by far the worst Batman villain, well, that appears with any regularity. I'd rather they gone with the Royal Flush gang. As I said, its all because they don't know what to do outside of just make him the Alice in Wonderland character, and honestly, villains based on fairy tails and whimsical literature always bore me. It just comes across as lazy. It was also super common in the shovel them out who cares about the quality Golden and Silver Age comics that existed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wait, Mr A is DC? I always though he was like Charleston or something.

Okay, I 100% only care about the kids right now. Their mystery is way more interesting that boring Cop Drama.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I like how they decided to adapt the story that utterly and forever ruined the Joker for me. Oh look he doesn't have a face isn't that scary! Plus the show's limited vision of the Joker is laughs at everything and kills people.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just found out Paul Rubens was Pengiuns father in Batman Returns, so that's an crazy casting callback.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, that was awesome after a really cliched (but actually very true to classic Joker style stuff) scene at the carnival and house of mirrors.

Man I love how Nigma's plan was pretty complex and was pulled off perfectly. Would I be wrong if I said that I'd love it if the next season had Bruce go on his worldwide journey to learn all the detective, science, engineering and martial art skills he needs to become batman, ending with him encounting Ra's. Though I don't think we need to have a huge story line involving him, with that being what, 3 on tv?

Though I think at this point Gotham should just adopt a Megacity style judge system.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
When does this come back? It almost feels like it's been quietly canceled.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Didn't Gotham start out pretty strong, but had a massive drop off as the seasons went on? I would not be surprised that was becuase people watched the show and expected to see Batman and the Joker and all their favorites appear as the show went on. As they have shown almost zero inclination of doing that, they've stopped watching.

I feel like this episode was a repeat in a lot of ways. Maybe its just the Bruce Clone replacing Bruce story line again is making me have deja vu. The Dumbest thing about it was that Alfred knew right away that it wasn't the real Bruce. I also think the thinly veiled attempt to bring Gordon into the Court of Owls is going to work out.

Someone earlier said exactly why Fish never worked on the show; everyone is either in awe of her all the time, or she can turn people on a dime by reminding them that she's Fish Mooney, Bitch, but the show never has her act or do anything that would make people actually be so loyal to her. She would just do her low rent Ertha Kitt act and we were supposed to buy that she was so amazing and powerful everyone would just fall to their knees in awe of her.

I'm guessing Bruce is with the League of Shadows/Assassins, so hopefully we'll actually get something interesting next week.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So they are going to go with the Batman Returns origin for Catwoman? Okay, that actually fits with the sillyness of the show. Though I was kinda hoping they'd do the thing from Long Halloween where it's revealed she was Falcones illegitimate daughter. Though they could still do that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Uh the gently caress?

:psyduck:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The weirdest thing is why is he holding what looks like a elementary school desk in his other hand.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
*stabs in hand* I'm not a Cop, I'm a Butler

I always like rich and powerful villains in TV and movies come into contact with someone who doesn't give a poo poo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

"Special Guest Star Jada Pinkett Smith" Nooooooooooo!

Maybe she'll show up an instantly be killed?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how they basically just introduced Fish in the episode long enough for her to hit everything that makes her terrible.

I'm Fish Mooney and I am respected, because I say so! *everyone instantly grovels* What has she ever done to instill respect or loyalty to anyone in this show?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd love if Bruce's story next season is just him constructing the Batman persona, building the suit and cave, and those first steps. God drat I'm glad Fish is gone for good, though Babs was pretty fun, it was a really well done fight. Also glad Tech is gone too, god I hated that character. Only hack writers think that a character that always rhymes, always poor ones at that, is clever.

Pretty good way to sneak Solomon Grundy in there though.

I hope they use Ra's more next season, Siddig was a great casting choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't like Lee in a lot of stuff, becuase she tended to be Cops Wife/Girlfriend cliche. The "I know you're working on the school girl strangler case, but I need you to stop worrying about that and pay attention to me!" and "You don't tell me what you're doing in the investigation! I don't like you keeping things from me". I have a friend who's a cop and a friend who's wife is a cop, and both hate that because a spouse knows you can't discuss ongoing investigations

Though Lee was the medical examiner, it's still kind of wrong to demand case details.

• Locked thread