Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God I wish this show would just embrace its hammy (Got ham) nature and just go full-bore with it. It's at its best when it is being ridiculously campy, which is part of why I love the Penguin/Riddler dynamic so much, they have no illusions about being ridiculous but so much of the rest of the cast of characters keep dipping their foot in before pulling out and trying to be more realistic or gritty. At least Barbara is no longer the generic and boring character from season 1 anymore and is mostly just chewing scenery now (like Michael Chiklis as Disappointed Dad-Hulk Cop).

It would also help if the seasons weren't approximately 75 episodes long, especially since they're so obviously designed with two major storylines each and would work better as two 10-12 episode seasons. The show is just good enough (and just bad enough) to keep me watching but I'm glad I took a long break and just watched all of season 2 and caught up on season 3 over a 2-3 week period, I don't know if I can deal with all the soap opera stuff (Jim and Leah, Selena's long-lost mother returning) on a week-to-week basis. This does feel a bit like DC's version of Agents of SHIELD, it's more palatable when you don't have to deal with the artificial restrictions of network scheduling/commercial breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Barnes: Goddammit Gordon, we play by the rules and follow the letter of the law or we don't do it at all!
Pulls recruits out of the Academy early, gets them all killed immediately

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonz posted:

Mario isn't dead. He'll be back in Season 5 after being exposed to a Lazarus pit.

By season 6 Gordon will just straight up have a sidekick called Robin and be driving around in the Gordon-Mobile while living with his Aunt Harriet who disapproves of his bastard son Damien. The Joker will be the Ambassador from Iran, Gordon will be on the outs with the JLA after they discovered he had contingency plans to take them all out, and an earthquake will have turned Gotham into a walled-off no man's land.

Meanwhile Bruce will just be turning 16 and have almost convinced Selina to let him get to second base.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

And Bullock will be drunk and pissed off

I do agree that Bullock will remain the highlight of the show, yes :)

• Locked thread