Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Gawain The Blind posted:

The actor playing Bruce remains the highlight of this show for me. I don't know how well he would do in other roles, but he can totally play a young, troubled billionaire who is starting to consider that maybe beating the poo poo out of some people would help the city. He's really very good. Or I guess maybe the rest of the actors are so bad that he just stands out. It's so hard for me to tell anymore. My baseline for quality has changed dramatically over the course of the show, and currently its hovering somewhere around "Please for the love of gently caress can somebody cast Jada Pinkett Smith in a movie so she doesn't show up again?"

The actress playing Selena is not very good so he definitely stands out next to her. He's good in the role for sure. Dude is getting lanky too. My SO pointed out he seems to grow two inches every episode.

Jerome's actor is amazing and I don't care what they do as long as he sticks around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
I feel like them making Enigma as "The Riddler" is a bit too early in the story.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
The moment where they have a super villian hardware store with a kid shoplifting dynamite was the real "Got Ham" moment for me.

It's gloriously unrepentant in it's cheese.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Phylodox posted:

They've had Talons on the show before. You can tell by their silly masks.

I thought it was the nehru jackets?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

I thought the way they described the Tetch virus made it pretty clear that it was going to be a precursor to Venom.

I think the tetch virus just takes your worst trait from annoying personality quirk to homicidal madman.

That drug from season one that made the guy drink all that milk and crush himself with a fridge was the venom precursor.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

subpar anachronism posted:

Came here just to mention that I snickered a little when, in last night's episode, Jim and Bullock found the Court of Owls map and it was an Owl of Quartz. :v:

okay this is cleaver.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

why the hell would anyone live in Gotham?

More importantly, why would you be a cop there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Hazard Pay or death wish?

"So boss, got another load of cops from Bludhaven, where you want them?"
"Just toss 'em in the street they'll wind up back here anyways."
"What's that smelly pile over there?"
"Last weeks cops. Take em to the coast and dump em."

• Locked thread