Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VNdyp3T2Bc

Its been six months since the supervillains escaped from Indian Hill and things are not going well for Gotham. This season is supposed to have less out and out police work as Gordon still hasn't rejoined the GCPD and instead is working as a bounty hunter, hired to track down the escapees. Other things teased, more Court of Owls, the return of Bruce's doppelganger and more of Jerome's Joker cult. There was talk in between seasons of recasting Ivy Pepper and according to previews how it's going to be handled will be an ongoing thing. They aren't just changing out the actress and pretending nobody notices. Added to the cast this year is Jamie Chung as Valerie Vale and Benedict Samuel as Jervis Tetch (aka the Mad Hatter.) From commercials it looks like everybody is back, including BD Wong's Hugo Strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Poor Jim.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man Bat! I just thought he was fighting Bono.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pan Dulce posted:

Sad about that Lee send-off. Think that means she's off the show this season, since Lucius took up the mantle at the GCPD?

Still, Jamie Chung is killing it as Valerie Vale. I don't know if I'm seeing sparks of contention between her and Gordon or if another romantic interest is coming into play.

I'm not sure what they're doing with Lee. She only got written off in the first place last season because she really was pregnant so you'd think they would want to bring her back now that's all over with.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of the biggest things about the show is that Jim simply cannot actually succeed in cleaning anything up or there wouldn't be the need for a Batman in the first place. So he basically has to fail.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think they've said but apparently Barbara and Tabitha's bar is called "Sirens."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oof, that's a bad bald cap on BD Wong. It wasn't great before but just in that scene you could clearly see the seam.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought Fish was okay in the first season, even though her entire story ended up becoming completely disconnected from everything. I absolutely hated her stuff in the end of last season because it mainly consisted of "Fish gets her way for no reason." This season has been kind of whatever, hopefully the end of this week's episode means she's gone for a while.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Really just jumping right in with the Mad Hatter.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lee, what the gently caress are you into?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm glad Penguin fixed his terrible haircut. It was just so gross and greasy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's probably going to be the TV show version of Talon, aka the Court of Owls' Batman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So who wants to bet that they're leveraging Alice's blood into Venom?

Also it's funny how David Mazouz keeps getting taller and taller (he's almost as tall as Donal Logue and definitely taller than Ben McKenzie.) By season 5 every scene with Bruce is just a torso and some legs because they can't get him into the shot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HOLY poo poo, IT IS SUPER GAY!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can see Riddler not reciprocating.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Although I could see him faking it to try and get ahead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know, that lady seems a little too perfect. Could be Ed is still bonkers insane.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Personally I don't really care because original Ivy was barely a character. Although sexing the character up is pretty creepy seeing as she's just physically aged.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also she's barely appeared so this might be a Montoya/Allen/Dent thing where they cast a person for the role and then never actually do anything with it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

How did nobody notice the big hole in the bathroom wall?

Also Penguin's outfit this week was pretty snazzy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I watch it on an antenna and for some reason my Fox feed can be really bad. So sometimes I have to catch it on Hulu the next day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think there's a connection because Miss Kringle was stuffed in a box and buried in the woods, which would kind of ruin the chances of harvesting her face.

If the car accident killed her the most likely explanation is probably that she was just a woman who looked like her. If she survives I can see them going with it being Butch taking a play from Fish, who did pretty much the exact same thing in the first season.

For Penguin's outfit, the coat was cool but I really liked his tie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She had been dead for a while though and decomposition would have set in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of outfits, goddamn is Lee's dress completely loving ridiculous.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She dead.

Edit: Nathaniel Barnes' new hero identity, Mr. A.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 15, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is a joke, because he was basically saying the same thing as Mr. A.

Edit: Also I looked it up and Steve Ditko straight up owns Mr. A. Also Steve Ditko is still alive apparently.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 15, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's something I'm wondering, is Gotham the most violent show on Network TV? People are regularly killed in pretty gruesome ways and there has also been quite a lot of gore.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Call me crazy but maybe they should have used guns instead of trying to do a motorcycle drive by with swords.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

choppa choppa

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He somehow got infected with Alice's blood.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's definitely what happened because those were the same effects as when Barnes was raging out. Also he seems to know about it because when Lee mentioned a test he got all shifty.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Back tonight (for a couple of weeks at least) and previews have shown that this is the week with zombie Jerome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bbf2 posted:

The actor playing the morgue guy was also one of Joker's lieutenants in the Dark Knight. And now he's playing a disciple/henchman of Proto-Joker again. What a strange and very specific thing to be typecast as.

Yeah, that was kind of goofy.

Interesting to see that Clayface is apparently sticking around seeing as how over the top his power is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

6-year plan man posted:

How is the winter finale happening next week?? The fall finale just loving happened a month or two ago. Who's in charge of scheduling they need to be fired.

Yeah, Lucifer is getting screwed in the deal too. Neither show is coming back until loving May.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, the face falling off make up was super gross.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

When does this come back? It almost feels like it's been quietly canceled.

Nah, Fox took their Monday night stuff off for a couple of months to run a midseason thing of 24 and APB. Both Gotham and Lucifer will be back in May.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alexander Siddig has been cast and will appear this season as Ra's al Ghul

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uh, what is going on here?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, who wants to guess that nothing that is happening to Bruce is "really" happening? Everything is so off kilter I could see that they just have Bruce in a trance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They couldn't find more than two other people to join their gang?

• Locked thread