Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
There's a part of me almost expecting them to go No Man's Land with Gotham before the series ends. That seems like a big enough event to have the city sort of turn to Gordon after its over to reinstate him into the GCPD if he can come out of it both looking like a hero and if the GCPD is pretty much in shambles as a result.

The city's a half-broken wreck, there are monsters roaming the streets, most of the good people have abandoned it, and Gordon has the keys to the GCPD put in his hands because no one else wants to be in charge of the sinking ship.

Gordon eventually getting to a point where a Batman is running wild is just another day in Gotham and it's not like this nut is going to make the crumbling shambles of this city any worse.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm just spitballing a dumb solution, but a potentially quick fix to this thing could have been Ivy being killed and reveal an older female relative Pamela Pepper/Isley wanting revenge against the city. (This Gotham, both the show and the city, so this is all possible):

If something happens where you'd kill off Ivy in some way (she was in dangerous environments and the actress is gone, anyway). her older half-sister/aunt/cousin, upon learning of her death, could sort of snapped and swoop in to become Poison Ivy.

Ivy got her interest in plants at such a young age from her Aunt Pam or Cousin Pam, and Pam's a Gotham State U. undergrad at the start of the season who has to identify Ivy.

Pamela starts to plot revenge against all the forces in the city she sees as part of cause of Ivy's death and eventually adopts the name Poison Ivy in tribute. She'd have lots of targets. She could blame the GCPD and Gordon because without them, her father would be alive, her mom would be alive and Ivy wouldn't have been homeless on the street and working with criminals. She could blame the crime gangs. Eventually the entire system becomes her target. Etc. A dangerous killer by night who finds way to kill people in plant-related ways while during the day she's popular and very promising college student who uses both sides of her life to make further progress in the other.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
She'll turn out to be Isabellamon Grundy.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I sort of have a hunch they're maybe going to work something about Jerome's face getting ripped off again and he gets 100% killed by an unknown who cuts their own face off and wears his around. It allows them to both keep using the actor AND have mysterious, origin-less Joker running around without a known background or identity. Defend it with sort of 'good artists copy, great artists steal' logic or something.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
In private Tabitha, Butch and Barbara all seemed to plotting to kill Eddie once the deal was done, unless it's still on. I was really expecting either
-Penguin to try to get Ed to understand something like a teary, "I can't always tell when people are using me, plotting against me, that much is obvious by this point given the position I'm in. But I didn't get to where I am without being able to see the signs of ready betrayal in others! You need to be ready to protect yourself, Eddie, because they're going to come for you." or
-Eddie and Penguin both facing down the barrel of guns, the duo realizing they're both screwed.

It might be something that with the disappearance of Penguin that they realize that the city needs to have at least one person with known ties to the office to take over and they're willing to keep him alive for a while to safeguard and run their interests for a while.

All things considered, Tabitha and Barbara seem to be much better at operating their sort of deeper plans than Eddie to the point that they maybe are willing to assume he's blind to any possibility of betrayal. All his gifts lie completely in the more technical aspects that he can't see the 'human' side of a problem. For all his own smarts, he was pretty easy to trick or be convinced by other people for their own ends or reasons.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Gawain The Blind posted:

Episode should have ended with Selina and the cats. Gordon joining the court was obvious, we didn't need to see it, and it lessened the impact of cat woman being reborn.

I get that Gordon is the lead character of this but the court of owls poo poo is so uninteresting compared to the freakshow going on everywhere else in Gotham.

The Court doesn't feel like it's being handled well, but I sort of want to throw that onto a handful of issues. Frank and Jim's plans and plotlines aren't very well thought out, the Court is a very modern creation of the mythos so I don't think they've got enough to draw from yet to really figure them out in the show or how to present them to an audience who doesn't know of them like they might a Freeze or Riddler, etc.

But another issue, too, is Gotham seems to only be able to do one really good character or plotline at a time and everything else just feels like they write themselves into a corner and need to quickly get to where they want the new status quo to be. As such, you get what I feel to be a great Riddler arc, a sort of middling but almost works Penguin arc, but then everyone else feels like they're just getting shoved into new storylines immediately.

In that regard, in some small way, it's IS almost like a live-action comic book. A new direction on a book starts and suddenly we're thrown into reasons why a whole new normal is going to exist and we sort of are supposed to forget a lot of whats recently happened before that.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Frank should have been quietly trying to draw Jim into the Court to help rein them in and realizing that it wasn't working and realizing that he'd already crossed a line with both Jim and the Court that was going to get them both killed.

The stuff about Frank's death didn't need to be so convoluted. It should have been accepted as a suicide with some acceptable reason given, but him sort of priming Jim beforehand to be prepared for an eventual recruitment on the horizon.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Every time Gotham is renewed, it keeps the cast from getting roles in some popular Marvel movie.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I sort of got scared for a minute when Riddler cornered Penguin and Ivy because I was almost expecting him to look at Ivy and suddenly think "red hair/green outfit = Ms. Kringle/Isabella" and have some sort of freak out or something.

This is a strange longshot of a theory that ties into this, but presumably Ivy's unattached due to Penguin getting taken away. It makes me sort of wonder if while Penguin is gone if the Barb Squad is going to sort of bring her into the fold in some way and Riddler might end up causing her to progress into an actual identity of "Pamela Isley" at some point. Just a goofy thought, but she ends up through events just mixing up a bunch of names Ivy, Isabella, Pepper, etc. and she creates a fake identity in the form a Pamela Isley to eventually get a new start or something.

I mean, I know I'm looking too much into it, but "Pamela Isley" almost sounds like you could form a part of it with some flipped around syllables of Isabella: PamELLA ISAley.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
As dumb and contrived as this sounds (this is Gotham, after all) I was almost secretly sort of hoping for a last minute plot twist reveal that

Lee didn't take to the cure and was going to become HarLEE Quinn (her final outfit while still under control of the virus was black and red, wasn't it?) given the news report that about 10% of people didn't respond to the cure . Siddig's really short appearance as Ra's was impressive as hell to me, for some reason.

Phylodox posted:

Calling it now, Babs is doing a stint as Livewire.

There was a part of me that was wondering if Babs is going to go something like getting Fish's mind control powers or something. It's a stupid thought, but I could have sworn she referred to herself as "Barbara Queen" in one episode and in this one the comment of her being the 'queen' of Gotham made me think they might be positioning her towards a resurrection as:

1) Queen Bee (or Queen "B"), getting some variation of pheromone powers of a version of that character. It could give her a counter or leverage against Penguin's Army.
2) Queen of the Royal Flush Gang. It seems like various incarnations of that team have sort of chalk-white skin, so having her with some sort of due-to-death paleness post-revival could work. Taking the Queen moniker and maybe reteaming with Jerome (where he takes on the Joker name) to be part of a new gang using playing card motifs seems possible, too.

Man, this show's 4th season will probably be its last, but there's a part of me that really wishes that when the show is finally ended that a few years later someone looks at it and figures out how to do it all over again from the start to get us to the point the show is NOW without needing to go through 3 seasons to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I know it's far from what everyone is going for with the casting, but I sort of think McKenzie might be able to do a decent job replacing Hugh Jackman as Logan in the Fox X-Men franchise in another few years. He's got the look, at 5'8" they might be able to pull of a slightly shorter Logan portrayal with him, if given the right direction he could maybe pull it off.

• Locked thread