Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
This is a pretty drat hosed up version of the Mad Hatter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Gotham continues to be at its best when it just gives in and embraces comic book style absurdity.

Poor Butch. He just wanted sempai to notice him again. :(

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

They really are teasing us about this will-they-won't-they thing with Penguin and Riddler, aren't they?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Aaaaw.

Looks like you're right. Poor lil' Penguin wants a dude to help warm his eggs, but Riddler's going to crush on a chick that looks like the one he murdered the gently caress out of.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Well, these flashbacks are all sorts of wonderfully hosed up.

Edit: Head-Barb is amazing though.

Double edit: Poor Penguin. No Riddler to help him hatch his egg. :(

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 1, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

As annoying as the Mad Hatter tends to be, I gotta admit they found a damned good guy to play a skeevy as gently caress Mad Hatter. And it just ain't the Mad Hatter if he isn't skeevy as all gently caress. Not familiar with the comics version, but the Batman: TAS version was definitely skeevy. I'm not sad to see the character gone at this point though. His gimmick kind of ran itself thin after a few episodes.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

This episode is wonderfully hosed up. Especially BDSM Queen Barbara and the poor shop keeper. Well, actually he seemed to enjoy it at the time so I'm not sure he came out of that situation too badly.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh man. Poor Penguin is going to have so many people wanting to stomp on him once they all figure this out.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

What the gently caress is up with Falcone's kid.

And oh man. Bruce and Selena catburgling together should be amazing.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

He somehow got infected with Alice's blood.

Seems like a possibility, but when the hell could that have possibly happened?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Tiptoes posted:

He has a secret side job connected to the Court of Owls so I'm thinking he worked for them as a researcher. Alice escaped from Arkham and they probably experimented on her and her blood there. It bugged me that the writers didn't explore the Arkham angle before killing her off but maybe they're doing it now. If Mario is one of their scientists still experimenting with the blood and he got exposed on the job, that would explain why they tried to kill him.

I kind of like this theory if only because it'd also help explain why the Court of Owls was so shifty in explaining just why they were trying to kill him.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Sounded like it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Gotta admit super-bitter Lee is a bit weird. But Zasz is pretty hilarious, as is what seems pretty blatantly to be Nygma loving with Penguin via holograms.

Edit: Yeah, Zasz pretty consistently is fun to outright hilarious. He gets called off, shrugs, goes "Okay, boss." and strolls on out as if he didn't just shoot the poo poo out of the place and get in a mexican standoff with Bullock and Gordon.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 17, 2017

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

hatelull posted:

The "Previously on Gotham" conversation with Lee has been my favorite thing he's done.

I was dying during that. Lee just being completely deadpan and no-selling the absurdity of it all was beautiful.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Aaaw yeah. We're getting some proto-Batman Bruce.

edit: Oh my god Penguin confessing that he truly, truly loves Nygma is heart-breaking.

double edit: Holy poo poo literally punching his face off. Thee make up was already pretty good with the cut off part visibly decaying, but it coming off as he got punched more and more was pretty gruesome too.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 31, 2017

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

tarlibone posted:

Detective Gordon sure slapped the grin right off of Jerome's face.

(Gordon's own facial expression was priceless.)

They all had the most amazing shocked and disgusted looks on their face over it. This entire show is a wonderful trainwreck of hamminess. I died when I saw the Riddler question mark logo because it just makes me think "Got Ham?" instead of Gotham.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

bring back old gbs posted:

I loved the staple gun scene and joker calling his henchman over with a "yo! gimme my face fixer thing."

I saw a lot more Hamil in his performance this episode.

He definitely had some Hamill going in his facial expressions and body language if nothing else.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Gonz posted:

Penguin ain't dead. Penguin alive.

Pretty sure this isn't the first time the Penguin got his poo poo shot then dumped into the harbor. Didn't Fish do it last time?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

empty baggie posted:

Jim faked shooting him and threw him into the water.

Ah, right. That'd be it.

bring back old gbs posted:

Cobblepot gonna get rescued and nursed back to health by a big fuckoff queen penguin and it's flock. Like what the hell else can happen? He needs to get that taste for raw fish soon

Queen penguin needs to be Danny DeVito in a penguin suit.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

tarlibone posted:

Yes, Bruce's beating was so futile that Jerome couldn't keep a straight face.

Motherfucker. You quit that.

Seconding that the face separating make up from Bruce wailing on him was a lot more gross and effective than the face itself falling off, though. Just having it messily, partially separated really sold how hosed up that whole situation was. Gordon straight up punching it clean off his face was pretty god damned great and hilarious though, if only for everyone's horrified looks of shock and disgust at it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Lucius just staring in confusion and borderline disgust at Bullock and just asking if this is what Gordon has to put up with regularly was hilarious, if nothing else.

drat shame we don't get Knock-off Liam Neeson from Arrow. Or Barrowman just straight up being Ra's al Titty-loving Ghul again for shits and giggles.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

One point in the show's favor, if you like B:TAS is that it has the same ambiguous time period thing going on where you have TVs, cellphones (but not smartphones), old '50s cars, computers, etc all hanging out together. That and it just kind of embraces its batshit insanity eventually, near the end of season 1, and never lets go. It tried to be a police procedural with comic book elements and has ended up firmly a comic book show about cops. And robbers. And occasionally an increasingly awesome wee lil' Bruce Wayne and Selena Kyle.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

What the gently caress, CloneBruce.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

And there goes Selana Kyle getting the Batman Returns treatment.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Bring forth the ham.

All the ham.

We must get all the ham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Liking this episode so far. The Ra's/Bruce parts and the Selena/Ivy parts are both pretty good.

• Locked thread