Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Proposition Joe posted:

Extremely cheap interpretations of Killer Croc, Man-Bat, and maybe Talon all in the premier is a bit of a disappointment.

This was annoying. I would rather they spent more budget on fewer supervillains rather than half-rear end the whole crew at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Aces High posted:

Crazy Barbara is everything that I feel Fish is supposed to be but it comes across better than anything Fish ever did on this show

I would be happier without either of them, but Crazybarb isn't terrible this season, probably because she's had less screentime so far.

I really hoped Fish was dead. I can only assume one of the writers has a Jada Pinkett Smith shrine at home he or she isn't telling anyone about. On a show that prides itself on jumping the shark at least two or three times an episode, she's the absolute worst thing on it, and I can't think of any other reason she would still be there. Unless there's some weird contractual thing the network can't get out of or something.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Ugh.

Did we really need to zoom in on the joker card? Was that... I mean, we get it. We've gotten it for the last year. Nobody is going to be like "OOOOOH, the JOKER! Man, that was some clever foreshadowing!" Even the dialog between the guards mentioned the joker. gently caress me.

It's getting hard to watch this show. The contempt the writers have for their audience is palpable. You can palp it.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I rather liked young Bruce showing that he's got some skills now when Selina went at him.

The actor playing Bruce remains the highlight of this show for me. I don't know how well he would do in other roles, but he can totally play a young, troubled billionaire who is starting to consider that maybe beating the poo poo out of some people would help the city. He's really very good. Or I guess maybe the rest of the actors are so bad that he just stands out. It's so hard for me to tell anymore. My baseline for quality has changed dramatically over the course of the show, and currently its hovering somewhere around "Please for the love of gently caress can somebody cast Jada Pinkett Smith in a movie so she doesn't show up again?"

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

...I reckon that she was everything that is and was great about this show from before this show knew how great it could ever be like that.

Look how fundamentally wrong you are about all things. Gaze ye, upon your wrongness.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Well, that was an episode of Gotham.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Episode should have ended with Selina and the cats. Gordon joining the court was obvious, we didn't need to see it, and it lessened the impact of cat woman being reborn.

I get that Gordon is the lead character of this but the court of owls poo poo is so uninteresting compared to the freakshow going on everywhere else in Gotham.

muscles like this! posted:

They couldn't find more than two other people to join their gang?

Not on the Gotham budget. People with flamethrowers and ice guns are expensive.

Digital Prophet fucked around with this message at 06:14 on May 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Looking forward to Protobats next season.

Fish and Crazybabs are dead and I really hope we never have to revisit either of them. Crazybabs had been fine this season, so I didn't like, cheer or anything when she died, but i'm okay with her weird rear end not being around.

I realize this show is set before batman, but I kind of wish we could just start the batman era now. I think they've set everything up. Penguin needs to fatten up, and Nygma needs to thaw, Catwoman needs to learn how to Catwoman, and Protobats needs to fall down a hole and discover the cave system under his house. I think that's about it, really. I guess Protobats and Gordan are still kind of young.

Does anyone else get the vibe that this is leading towards something more like the original batman cartoon, rather than the movies?

• Locked thread