Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'll request some sort of American football game (Madden, Tecmo Super Bowl, whatever) where the LPer basically teaches the basics and what-not of the sport and maybe goes into history and the going-ons of the current season or whatever. Basically an excuse to show off football to people to those who have little-to-no exposure or knowledge to the sport.

Honestly you could do something similar for any sport with the right video games, so consider this a request for introducing various sports to the LP community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Have another request, this time for Contact, a rather weird and clever DS game that's pretty different from pretty much any other game I've played.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Make it a flashing GIF.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Said rule got muddled due to several special cases popping up.

It's not just LPs that are banned, it's any video coverage period. What this really does is just punish people for not having the game, and just want to spoil the game for themselves. People that are avoiding spoilers are most likely still doing so.

Best part is apparently Gamespot's review spoils the final boss.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Super Mario Maker would be cool for goon levels, but I'd love to see the built-in levels shown off and see them connected to how they introduce level design concepts to the creator mode. In-depth analysis on level design and what the Mario Maker community gets right or wrong, different techniques in making different genres of levels, and of course showing off the specialty levels from other game developers and the like.

Not all of that is necessary of course, but I think it'll add some structure so it's easier to set up an LP beyond playing goon levels, plus put a pretty cool spin to make the LP unique from all the other streams and videos out there.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Just make poo poo up, maybe no one will notice.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The translation is faithful but a random character is replaced with brooding badass Iscar Matthias.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Sonic plays Sonic 06.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Six month rule died years ago. It became the three month rule, and then with things like Early Access and DLC muddying the waters it kinda became pointless and the whole rule got killed off entirely.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm putting in a request for the obscure DS game Contact. It's a clever game that really takes advantage of the DS's capabilities, and the story and presentation are interesting enough to grab people's interests and keep them following. I think it'd work with both screenshots and video, though both would have their challenges.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Garfield Go

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Star Wars Kinect

Mega64
May 23, 2008

An Animal Crossing LP where neither people nor animals are murdered.

Maiming is OK and perhaps encouraged but by no means necessary.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Also Mario Paint

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Also also someone teach me how to run a mall.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'll request Mega Man Maker with a side of fries.

I know MDC did it but I need to know if there's any higher height in that game beyond "Megaman Startles Cutman and Makes Him Fall Down the Toilet"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm going to request someone LP this bizarre hack for the Steam version of Final Fantasy IX, The Zodiac Addition.

It's so utterly baffling, confusing, and nonsensical that it somehow oozes charm, and such insanity deserves to be shown off in LP form.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Super Mario Bros. Bread% run, bonus points if Half Time (no 0% Yeastless runs please, I’ve already binged a baker’s dozen of them (that means thirteen (13)) (Thanks)).

Mega64
May 23, 2008

A thread that jumps around all the games Waluigi is in. A Waluigi megathread, if you will.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Brain Age, preferably by an idiot.

It really wouldn’t work as a SSLP, which is why it should definitely be an SSLP. Either format really, I don’t give a gently caress, I just want to raise the level of intelligence and discourse in the Let’s Play forum.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I want to request Time Twist because it seems loving insane.

No fan translation so that seems a challenge, but then again the game will probably make the same amount of sense regardless of whether you'd understand it or not.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

A narrative LP of Dr. Mario.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

All of my requests are loving legit.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Motherfuckin’ Golf Story

Mega64
May 23, 2008

YIIK: A Postmodern RPG really needs a LP. The bits and pieces I've seen so far are fascinatingly bad.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh no. Mega64, what have we done!?

To be fair, if I weren't in the middle of an LP right now I'd be on track to doing one myself.

The one time people listen to my oddball requests...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Sounds like another normal day writing an LP update to me.