Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Well, I've been on these forums for 7 years (plus 1-2 years before I took the plunge and signed up), and I really don't see myself doing an LP of this wonderful game, so I'll finally put a request for it.

The game is Hero Core, a metroidvania (is there a less janky term for those these days?) for the PC. The twist? It's not a platformer! Flip Hero, the protagonist, hovers around everywhere. IMO it's a really great game and it's unfortunate it only had maybe one or two attempts to LP it on SA, and I don't think they got beyond an episode or two.

Daniel Remar, the game's creator (who you may know from a certain other very well-done indie game), has the game available for free on his site, along with a guide with pretty much all the secrets, so anyone can show off practically everything without needing to do too much research.

Any kind of VLP will be enjoyable for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I heard it sucks, but I'd love to see how much or if I heard wrong. I played up to the tutorial boss and it seemed alright, but I never played a Souls game.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, I'd like to request a full LP of Panty Pa-

nine-gear crow posted:

*NOTE: If anyone requests seriously Hunnie Pop (or a game of its ilk) I'm locking the thread and reporting them :colbert:

:negative:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to see a VLP of Okhlos, a game in which you lead a mob of righteously furious Greeks against the oppressive forces of the gods. I'd enjoy both an informative LP with information about the characters (mythic or real) you run into in the game, or just a VLP where a person (perhaps with a co-commentator or two) basks in the glory of the destruction their mob creates. Heck, if you can do both then my hat's off to you!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'll save Custom Robo for the GameCube. Was considering saving Hero Core, but I saw someone play it and enjoy it on a stream so I'm satisfied.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's a pretty boring SHMUP, to be honest.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm still waiting for Kermit to finish that Oblivion LP.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

VolticSurge posted:

Dash Rendar from Shadows of the Empire playing through one of the Wing Commander games while telling tall tales of his "exploits".

How is this in the Worst category and not the only entry in the Best category?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey, gonna make a far-fetched request for a multiplayer run of Gauntlet IV (Genesis)'s Quest Mode. It's a really cool less-linear version of Gauntlet with leveling up stats and buying new equipment and stuff and the final boss is really special, especially in multiplayer. Also more importantly some of the best music to be found on the Genesis.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Got me to start reading the GBC Lufia LP, but boy is the LP a product of its time.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

The bygone days of using emotes as dialogue portraits :ohdear: a dark era

The homophobia was kinda bad too.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I remember Dune 2k had a thumper unit with the idea of drawing in the sandworm so it'd hopefully start eating the enemy. Don't know how well that worked out.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'd be interested in seeing some gameplay of more obscure old PC strategy games, mainly Fallen Haven and the Deadlock games. Mostly because I had both and never really got that far in either. Whether diamonds in the rough or just plain crap, I'd enjoy seeing someone manage to get into the bottom of what makes those games tick.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just remembered an RPG I bought once for the PS2 and quickly bounced off of, turns out it was made by FromSoftware!

So I'd like to see an LP (any format will be fine by me except maybe video with subtitle commentary) of

Evergrace and Forever Kingdom (aka Evergrace 2).

Hoping to see how accurate my first impression of it was at the time and what I may have missed.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I remembered an old LP of a fantasy strategy game for the Sega Saturn. Looking around I believe the game was Dragon Force, which according to the Master List had 2 failed attempts and one successful one (from 2008), though sadly it's not on the archive as far as I can tell.

I'd love to see a run of the game. Apparently there's also been a PS2 port of the game, so that's an option. Then again it's a Working Designs translation and who knows what "improvements" they made to the game.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

rojogames posted:

I actually own Dragon Force and have the equipment to record it with good quality. It's on my list of things to play through on my channel eventually since it's an awesome game from the ol' childhood and all that. However, if I ran a thread it'd be a video LP, which is perhaps not what people would prefer for the kind of game it is. I don't have the patience to put together a good SSLP like some other people, so I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

I like both formats generally, so I'd be sure to check it out! Especially since I'm liking that Elder Scrolls LP you've just started.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

rojogames posted:

OK...it'll take some time to get prepared, but I'll see if I can get something going maybe mid-late next week.

Cool! Thanks so much! Though remember, no need to rush. :) (I don't know if you normally do multiple concurrent LPs or not)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

I would like to request the Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law video game in honor of the special that's going to air soon.

You can watch Harvey Birdman fight for the Bunny Championship Title in the LPFWA right this moment if you want!

e: and he just lost :/

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A request in one of the 'help me remember the name of a game' threads (are there still 2 of them?) reminded me of a game I'd really like to see played by someone more competent than me.

It's a DOS game called Millennia: Altered Destinies, and its premise is as follows - you're some Terran space trucker who gets transported to an alien ship. It turns out the aliens are trying to stop a different alien species from taking over the universe. Problem is that these bad aliens are too powerful and as is can't be stopped. The solution is to travel back in time ten thousand years and cultivate the 4 native peoples of the galaxy the bad aliens just took over in modern time so that in the present they'll be powerful enough to stop the bad guys. Otherwise the now too powerful bad guys will be going after the Milky Way next.

Gameplay wise it's kind of a simulation game? Maybe with sorta puzzle-adventure aspects of finding the right things to help each civilization out? I don't think there's any actual combat you control, though that might just be because I never got far enough to start fighting things.

Me being some dumb kid I naturally had no idea how to advance 4 different civilizations to a state where they'd be ready to fight back against evil space empires, and I'm certain I still don't. If anyone could show me how it's done I'd be super thankful! Whatever format you prefer is fine by me, though since I tend to also do other things when watching videos a subtitled video format might be less convenient for me. But hey, if that's how a prospective LPer wants do it I won't be complaining!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

Seconding request for Crusader Kings 2 Animal Kingdom mode. Call it Duck Dynasty.

I'm conflicted because on the one hand, KoDP ducks would get me to actually follow a CK2 LP, but on the other, the RL Duck Dynasty people.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to request an LP of Super Daryl Deluxe (for Steam, Switch or PS4, whichever). It's a metroidvania taking place in a weird highschool where basically imagine you're that weirdo New Kid from Stick of Truth, except you're the only one playing Not-D&D (well, not exactly, but you're the only one taking it to the "next level", so to speak). It has a bit of a slow start with a bunch of cutscenes at the start unfortunately, but it gets better about that once you get past the prologue.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to see an LP of Kessen, a strategy game for the PS2 that simulates the war that followed Toyotomi Hideyoshi's death and gave rise to the Tokugawa Shogunate. It was followed by two sequels that kinda took things into more of a fantasy territory, but while I'd enjoy seeing the whole trilogy, I'm singling the first out because when you start a new game you get this message -

which I think is pretty neat and at least shows that Kou was proud of this work.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to thank rojogames for completing (is that the right word?) my request for Dragon Force (thread here). There's still a video or two left to showcase debug mode, but the LP's completed the (well, a) story, which is good enough for me!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I found it just fine personally, he didn't try to make up voices, and kept it to unique scenes.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So long ago (around 2012) there was a fun LP of the first 2 Inazuma Eleven games. It was pretty good, though it does show signs of the times (mostly a few particular slurs thrown around in a time where SA was more allowing for'em). Anyway, I'd love to see someone LP any of those games, whether new LPs of the first couple games or of later sequels. Mostly I wanna see what new hissatsus (special soccer moves) they've invented to outdo the already awesome things they had in the first 2.

Also the plotlines are as insane as you could expect from an anime world where soccer is the Most Important Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sorry for reiterating on my Inazuma Eleven request, but seriously, I wanna see what special Hissastsu (soccer techniques) they come up with to outdo stuff like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAWmnBQ2Vmk

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYbz098UlhQ&t=1042s

note: these are supposed to be "normal" soccer moves that require no magic or other supernatural powers, you can do these things and crazier stuff just by training real hard