Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Smornstein posted:

Since the last attempt stopped updating a few months in i'd like to request Jade Empire one of the better Bioware RPGs that manages to still hold up well today.
I've thought about doing Jade Empire once I'm finished with my other projects (which should be sometime before the year 2084). I think it's one of those games that are kind of hard to LP, because you don't really want to do an SSLP because of the flashy combat and awesome presentation but there's just so much dialogue that it wouldn't be a great fit for a straight VLP either. I guess some sort of a hybrid could be an option, with screenshots for particularly dialogue-heavy updates and video for the ones with more action or other cool stuff happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Beelerzebub posted:

I didn't think about sheer amount of poo poo that goes into just translating
Yep, sadly that's something you see quite often in this line of work. I've had several potential jobs fall through because the client didn't realize professional translation work is something the translator expects to be paid for.

But yeah, accepting payment for working on an unauthorized fan project would be a bit dodgy, so you'd really have to want to work on that project to even bother. For the record, I don't work with Japanese, so I couldn't take on this particular project even if I wanted to.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Jade Empire is finished, so it can be taken off the list.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Danaru posted:

The bygone days of using emotes as dialogue portraits :ohdear: a dark era
I kinda miss that sometimes, to be honest. It obviously wasn't practical because of the limit on emotes you can have in a post, and actual portraits are just better in general, but I still love how The Dark Id used :wookie: for Barry's portrait in Resident Evil.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

namad posted:

b) is it really as bad as everyone says?
Eh, not really. While internet hyperbole would have you believe Andromeda is worse than double Hitler, it's just kind of bland and mediocre with some decently fun combat (at least as a vanguard/engineer hybrid character) and a dumb story.

Also, Spider-Man for the PS4 was requested a while back and here it is: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869513

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 5, 2018

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

As you may have noticed, Fallout 76 is out and is largely being savaged by players and critics, being called the single worst game in the Fallout series. This is not a request for an LP of that game, because I don't give a poo poo and it'd probably be boring anyway. Instead, I want to see some poor bastard tackle what used to be considered the worst Fallout game -- Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel on the PS2 (or original Xbox).

I've seen enough of BoS to know that it's a horrible mess, but somehow even it seems more functional and playable than Fallout 76!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

I was going to say that someone already made an LP of that game, but then I found that it was Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, a different game.
Yeah, Fallout Tactics is a very different and much better game.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Megazver posted:

Eurogamer did a feature on it recently, complete with an interview with the lead designer, the poor bastard. They got so hosed by Interplay.
Ah, good old Herve Caen at the helm of Interplay, doing what he does best and loving everything up. They don't explicitly mention him in the article, but pretty much every bad decision Interplay made around that time can be traced to him so I feel comfortable blaming him for this as well.

I wonder how the game would have been received if they didn't gently caress with the lore and add a bunch of bullshit that didn't fit the tone of Fallout (on that note, I still cringe a bit whenever I think back to a line in a BoS review back in '04 that said "For once, "People=poo poo" by Slipknot plays in the right place"). I'm pretty sure the hardcore fans would've been up in arms regardless because of Interplay's decision to can Black Isle's Fallout 3 while releasing this stupid idiot console game for babbies, and the game does have a variety of problems in the gameplay department as well, but maybe it wouldn't have been quite the disaster it ended up being.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Nov 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Lacedaemonius posted:

I played this recently and don't remember that. Was he a high rank character?
You're thinking of Fallout Tactics. We're talking about the game where one of the three default protagonists is this guy: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Cyrus