Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Herr Tog and I are gonna tackle Mankind Divided. Thread to come later this week...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm not sure if it really needs to be said, but I have been champing at the bit since its Japanese release for a Persona 5 LP. Now that it's in English, I am chafing more and more at not having a PS3/4. Someone please LP this game before I buy something I really can't afford.

Baal and I are doing this and will have a thread up on April 4th.

Yes I'm running three lp threads, yes im literally insane

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

CrashScreen posted:

One of those is .hack too. You should seek help.

the only cure is more jrpgs

*sideeyes drakengard*

haha no, no, just jokes i'm not that crazy

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

MythosDragon posted:

Any chance it wont be a VLP like .hack? A man can dream, right?

Sorry friend, I don't do SSLPs. I will be splitting it into two playlists though, no commentary and commentary for those that dont care for our thoughts on the game.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm not sure if it really needs to be said, but I have been champing at the bit since its Japanese release for a Persona 5 LP. Now that it's in English, I am chafing more and more at not having a PS3/4. Someone please LP this game before I buy something I really can't afford.

So, a few things:

http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

I did basically spend like, six hours recording footage last night to do this today, but it ain't happening

the gist of it is "if you LP or show any major spoilers, anything beyond the first bit which has already been previewed, a bunch of Japanese corporate dudes are going to buttfuck your channel with contentID takedowns and copyright strikes"

a few months down the line they probably won't care as much so I guess I'll pick it up again later. sorry my dude!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

boy are my arms tired posted:

So, a few things:

http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

I did basically spend like, six hours recording footage last night to do this today, but it ain't happening

the gist of it is "if you LP or show any major spoilers, anything beyond the first bit which has already been previewed, a bunch of Japanese corporate dudes are going to buttfuck your channel with contentID takedowns and copyright strikes"

a few months down the line they probably won't care as much so I guess I'll pick it up again later. sorry my dude!

to promote the Spirit of Rebellion in everyone's hearts (because Atlus sucks) we may have found a workaround on this, so thread should be going up late friday night

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 7, 2017

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

HGH posted:

Does it involve replacing every in-game date with a picture saying 07/06?

legit thought about that but no, we'll be using a different video site entirely

lame but it'll work for now, and then I can put the videos on youtube later when atlus gets bored

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

MythosDragon posted:

No offense, but I personally think you should just wait a month or two, atleast give some temporary respect since they've announced it in advance rather than attack people after the fact.

On the other hand, it sounds like SSLPs are fair game if anyone super cool wants to sweep in and do one.

...they didn't announce it in advance, the post came out after launch, and after plans were already made. furthermore, a few people that i know have already been dinged by this on their channel, mere hours after that post went up

so no, i really don't think i should give "temporary respect" to a company that threatens its fans, lol. i'm also really confused how VLPs need temporary respect, but SSLPs don't? its a story game. story games are told regardless of the format they're in.

e: sslp wont happen, some other enterprising LP'er will have to do it. thread coming up friday evening due to technical problems

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 7, 2017

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Thread is up for Persona 5. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816402&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post471163720

Deus ex mankind divided coming soon I promise sorry guy who requested it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

VolticSurge posted:

Is that guy an actual attorney? I've seen so many people on the 'Net who act like they're lawyers because they've read a couple textbooks.

https://leonardjfrench.com/

He apparently does actually specialize in copyright law.

Dude has interesting videos on copyright stuff