Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
This is kinda a weird request but every now and then I bring it up. I would love for someone more skilled than I to start an "anyone can participate" style megathread for Zelda style adventure games. There are so many overlooked titles on like, every platform, and then even the big games are winners. It gets trickier when things move to 3D, as the subgenre starts to blur with Metroidvanias, but I still wanna see them included.

I'd do it myself, but even though I love these types of games, I'm not even remotely good enough at them to lead such efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Herr Tog posted:

I would like to request any game from the Kessen series as they vexed me in middle school

edit: and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series.

preferably historically informative would be interesting.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Double posting, but the thought crossed my mind last night that it'd be cool to see a thread dedicated to going over the entire Wonder Boy family tree of games. It's a complex one.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Putty was doing one a while back and was playing goon levels: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744018

It's short because there were technical difficulties after a few updates and he hasn't come back to it, but what was there was good.

which is a disappointment because it's my favorite thing I've seen Putty do on the whole forums. Goon levels are a surefire way to have fun in any game.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'd like to see someone tackle the old Genesis (and I think SNES?) game Phantom 2040 and do a completist LP, showing off all the branching paths and many endings. If they're knowledgable about the IP, even better.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Mega64 posted:

A thread that jumps around all the games Waluigi is in. A Waluigi megathread, if you will.

Isn't he only in the sports games besides cameos like as a trophy in smash and the like?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

I think the first PXZ has an SSLP early on in the Casual LP Thread. I dunno whether or not it actually finished, though.

I want to say they stopped pretty early in, like barely past the point where the umpteen million characters each get individually introduced.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

MythosDragon posted:

I'd like to request Saga 2 and Saga 3 for DS SSLP. The recent Unlimited Saga LP and Alliance Alive and Octopath got me interested in the series again. So I started reading the old LPs and started playing 2, but uh my liberal use of cheats since none of my devices like emulation too much literally broke Saga 2 and made me skip a dungeon so I cant progress, so screw that. I'd like it if more Fan Translated games had Let's plays to spread the word for them.

Also 3rding Dragon Quest 8 Reboot. It was my very first favorite Game and the entire series needs more LP Love.

Edit: Saga 2 and Saga 3 have translation patches.

I recently finished a sslp of SaGa 2 DS over in the 30 years of Final Fantasy thread as part of my piggybacking and doing all the fancy remakes of games that were released originally under the FF moniker. 3 is a few titles down the road for me chronologically, but I'll be doing that too. Tangentially, I recently began work on Sword of Mana, the gba complete overhaul of Final Fantasy Adventure that has never been LP'd to completion on the forums.

edit: to stay on topic, I'd like to see someone do Legrange Point, the sci-fi rpg from the tail end of the famicom, known most for having the most advanced sound chips of any 8 bit game.

Choco1980 fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 8, 2018

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Been a while since I made a random megathread request, but I'd love to see a comprehensive thread for Culture Brain's long running fighting/adventure/rpg series Hiryuu No Ken/Flying Dragon/Flying Warriors. I think like only half the series made it to the US though, and Flying Warriors on the NES is actually a strange Frankenstein hodgepodge of parts 2 and 3. It's 17 games released across 7 systems over 15 years, so I think it deserves more attention.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Super Ninja Boys is from the Little Ninja Brothers series, also by Culture Brain. Both had tie-in manga that was translated and run in early issues of Gamepro magazine.

And yes, about half the series is straight up fighting games (including the first game from the arcade, Shanghai Kid) but the series also has a bunch of platforming/rpg stuff going on too, usually with a sentai superhero slant. Culture Brain were...kinda insane at game design.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Is this where we mention completed LPs to be added to the master list?

Because uh, I just finished Sword of Mana over in the Final Fantasy Megathread

Come to think of it, I haven't listed any of the other games I have completed in that thread:

Final Fantasy 1 (PSP)
Final Fantasy 2 (PSP)
Final Fantasy 3 (Steam)
Final Fantasy Legend/Makai Toushi SaGa (Wonderswan Color)
Final Fantasy Legend 2/SaGa 2: Hiho Densetsu: Goddess of Destiny (Nintendo DS)

Despite the OPs of the thread having not updated in a while, I've been keeping things strong with my SSLPs of the pretty remakes of the games released under the franchise name in the states.

If all of this is not appropriate for this thread, my apologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'd like to see a playthrough of Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei the Super Famicom remake of the first two Megaten games. The more informative the better, as the only playthroughs on Youtube are all stammering 14 year olds that mispronounce all the names and barely know what they're doing.