Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Not really an LP request, but I don't know where else to ask, but if anyone who knows Japanese would be interested in translating dialogue for me (because I don't know any Japanese) in order to help me do a screenshot LP of Zero No Kiseki, that'd be neat. It'd just be the main quest, probably, seeing as it's a relatively long game anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

Are you going to pay them?

I feel like I should have said that I have no money because I'm paying for college, so if I did, it would be a pretty measly sum. I'd definitely give credit to them, though. I'm not an rear end in a top hat.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

BioEnchanted posted:

That may be, but translation is a Job with a capital J, especially in a game with a lot of dialogue. It's not good form to pay people in "Exposure", and you may find it hard to find a volunteer for such a time-consuming project.

True. I didn't think about sheer amount of poo poo that goes into just translating like making sure the tone is consistent with the mood, making sure things make sense in English, and making sure each character sounds like their own person... Holy gently caress. That is a massive undertaking.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm not convinced it would be ethical to accept payment to work on an unauthorised fan project, anyway.

You realize how marginal the chances of this coming out in the US are, right?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Carbon dioxide posted:

That's what they said about Dangan Ronpa, before the translation LP made it popular in the west.

That's slightly different. There weren't any other games in the series released in the US at that point (for Dangan Ronpa). There are currently 5 Trails games out in the West, and as far as I know, none of them have sold particularly well, despite them being phenomenal games.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

The White Dragon posted:

a finger on the monkey's paw curls, and the game is translated accurately, but heavily localized with words like "bae" and reggae lyrics converted to be about pokemon

Were you on the Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse translation team?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

The White Dragon posted:

no should i have been

Yeah, "home slice"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Mraagvpeine posted:

Hmm, looks like someone is doing a SSLP of Persona 2.

I still need to finish the PSP remake of Persona 1...