Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's not just LPs that are banned, it's any video coverage period. What this really does is just punish people for not having the game, and just want to spoil the game for themselves. People that are avoiding spoilers are most likely still doing so.
Sounds like a win/win for Atlus. People who were already going to buy the game are still going to buy it, while this might push some people who were on the fence into buying the game instead of watching an LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Didja Redo's LP of Avalon Code didn't rewrite the plot of the game so much as add characterization to a blank slate MC, IIRC. There was a lot of writing involved, but it was all adding onto the skeleton of the game's bare-bones plot. I don't think anything was changed, though. Scintilla's LPs of the first two Breath of Fire games did quite a bit of that, as well, although less with the second because he was playing the retranslation patch.

There was an LP of either the original Gamecube Animal Crossing or Wild World that added a horror movie-esque plot to a game about a village full of cute animal friends, though. I'd consider that a fairly thorough "rewrite" of the game.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I feel like, as long as the readers/viewers are informed of what's happening, or the LP is of a very well-known game that almost everyone and their kid brother knows something about, even a complete plot rewrite or a Samurai Pizza Cats-style "translation" LP of a game could work if done well. For example, the Animal Crossing LP I mentioned above is an interesting read.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Probably the reason it hasn't been done is because Ruins of Lore is a glitchy mess of a game and easily the worst of the series. It's the Dragon Song of Lufia. On my last attempt at the game, I used an escape item to warp out of a dungeon, only to later realize that an elevator hadn't reset, which meant I just plain couldn't beat that dungeon on a return trip. Whoops, guess I have to start over now! The game also frequently just plain forgets to give you money after battles.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Ritznit posted:

Is there really no archived LP for that game? You'd think with it being such a classic there would be.
Looks like Kheldarn specifically wants a SSLP of it, and the only other SA LP of it is video.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Dragomorph posted:

I'd like to see LPs of the Project X-Zone games because they're both batshit ridiculous crossovers and I doubt I'll ever play them myself.
I think the first PXZ has an SSLP early on in the Casual LP Thread. I dunno whether or not it actually finished, though.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I think Combat Lobster is working on an LP of that. He posted a video in the Sandcastle a while ago.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Siegkrow posted:

Crusader Kings 2: gently caress a Duck.

Or taking in account how CK2 games go, the duck fucks its sister until it gets the genetically perfect duckling then murders all the other inbred creatures.

AKA, the birth of Donald Duck.
Is Donald the genetically perfect duck or an inbred abomination that somehow escaped the purge?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I'd like to thank rojogames for completing (is that the right word?) my request for Dragon Force (thread here). There's still a video or two left to showcase debug mode, but the LP's completed the (well, a) story, which is good enough for me!
I tried watching that one, but the way he read the dialogue was a big turnoff for me. It's frustrating, because I had wanted to see an LP of DF as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I just went back through World's LP of Trauma Center: Under the Knife recently, and I noticed that there's no LP for UTK2. So I'm gonna request a LP of Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2. Something like World's would be nice, with screenshots for the dialogue and videos for the operations.