Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's my favorite FPS, and hell, a great halloween game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Um... Congratulations?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im gonna make some pumpkin cookies for halloween

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's the middle of September you maniacs! Good Lord!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im not making them yet

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTOB3z12Lc

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noeGH-WRbiY

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the anime style for bullet sprites are cool, but that headbob on turning made me feel sick

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Spoopy Scary September

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Is there still no Blood sourceport?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

"Despite the best efforts of fans, most notably the Blood Source Campaign, the source code to Blood has never been released. This has lead to projects like Transfusion, ZBlood, BloodCM and others which attempt to re-create the game or game's style on alternate engines. The Build engine code has been released, as has the code to the similar games Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior. Based on this, a few source port projects have been attempted, which vary from recreation projects by reading the original game's assets rather than merely adapting or recreating them; something much less ambiguous legally. A major inhibitor in this is that Blood does not store its game logic externally by having any sort of scripting ability, the way Duke Nukem 3D does with CON files, making its functions fairly opaque; true modding of Blood game logic was thought impossible until recently with the Weapons Mod. According to Nick Newhard, this was even a concern during the game's development.

The first ambitious port was Blood 32, last updated in 2009 and also known as WinBlood, which attempted to port the game assets to the Build engine port hosted on icculus.org, releasing a few screamshots. OpenBlud, last updated in 2010, alternated this by attempting to create a basis with the Shadow Warrior code. The XL Engine, a reversed engineered port of the Jedi Engine used in Star Wars: Dark Forces and Outlaws, is also attempting Blood support, with releases expected soon after a period of moratorium. The Build Sharp project is also aiming to reverse engineer Blood onto the .NET Framework. In 2012 Jason Hall pitched a modern upgraded version of Blood for current systems and consoles, but was unable to generate significant enough interest from Atari in order to move forward; others have also expressed interest in such a project over the past few years."

Well, that's too bad.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
update: the utilities people made to make the dosbox port of blood playable don't work on my computer, so i will not be playing blood. it's a fun game though ;_;

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This game scared the poo poo out of 12 year old me

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it has too many hitscan enemies

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

phobo
Aug 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

im gonna make some pumpkin cookies for halloween

Can I have some?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

trying to jack off posted:

it has too many hitscan enemies

That's why you could toss dynamite around corners.

I'm pretty sure Blood was intended for you to play it through on easy before cranking up the difficulty just so you could try and memorize enemy placement. Otherwise there was a lot of reloading.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Kazvall posted:

Well, that's too bad.
the guy who did doom 64 ex and powerslave ex was toying with a blood ex in his spare time. i think it's still in development in some form?

DancingShade posted:

I'm pretty sure Blood was intended for you to play it through on easy before cranking up the difficulty just so you could try and memorize enemy placement. Otherwise there was a lot of reloading.
there's actually a bug where reloading a save that's on the easiest difficulty makes everything do 3x damage :v:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

DancingShade posted:

homer: thats bad

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
you'll be uninstalling it again very soon, op

Soral
May 30, 2009

halloween creep becomes more powerful every year

Sekret
Dec 6, 2001
Curse you, Massive Genitals!
I live... again

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
It's pretty hosed up that you ever uninstalled it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

you'll be uninstalling it again very soon, op

i can't get the better version of mouselook to work because nobody ever made the utility for win10 systems, so this is sadly accurate. i still have it on my win7 system, so maybe i'll hook that back up and play it on that.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

can't u play it in dosbox

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious loyall X posted:

can't u play it in dosbox

yeah, that's how it comes packaged from GOG, but there are a few utilities that make it playable on modern systems. like the in-game mouselook is really bad. you have to use this third party thing that adjusts it to be like regular mouselook. but that doesn't work any more, or at least i haven't figured out how to get it to work.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

yeah, that's how it comes packaged from GOG, but there are a few utilities that make it playable on modern systems. like the in-game mouselook is really bad. you have to use this third party thing that adjusts it to be like regular mouselook. but that doesn't work any more, or at least i haven't figured out how to get it to work.

play it with mouselook on the horizontal axis and looking up/down hardcoded to pgup/pgdown only keys for that retro feel. retro dude

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

play it with mouselook on the horizontal axis and looking up/down hardcoded to pgup/pgdown only keys for that retro feel. retro dude

:eyepop:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

feel felt.mfeel frog (that frog thats just associated wth feels and not with anything else)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

feel felt.mfeel frog (that frog thats just associated wth feels and not with anything else)

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

lmfao

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

update: the utilities people made to make the dosbox port of blood playable don't work on my computer, so i will not be playing blood. it's a fun game though ;_;

Download the goon-made launcher from one of the links at http://blood.nanoaugur.net and follow the instructions, worked fine for me on Win10. If you're still having issues then PM me and I can share my setup which worked fine on Win10

Also good choice, Blood is awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

let's reclaim the frog

• Locked thread