Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Mo Tzu posted:

what a westerner having western ideas despite a proclaimed faith in buddhism

also the idea of buddhism as a non-violent religion is a bit ridiculous. buddhism is like all religions; it has supported violence and has opposed it, depending on who's talking at the moment.

also also please expand on what assumptions i'm making about martyrs, and also why is fascists in scare quotes when it was literally in reference to you know neo-nazis

i think we can cut out the scare quotes for neo-nazis

right i mean you can be flippant all you want but any casual perusal of your post history itt shows a really disgusting advocacy over the past couple of months toward the promotion of physical (and other) violence toward any and all people you, personally, label fascists, an advocacy that has no place within either mainstream christianity or mainstream buddhism, yet for whatever reason here you are promoting it. the fact that someone itt posted recently about actual literal fascists invading their event doesn't excuse your behavior, and i'm disappointed that you are trying to attack my comments and justify your bloodthirst based on an incident that you yourself were not in any way involved in

also i'm sure we'd all love an update on your plan to leave america, because i'm sure that was totally sincere and not a whiny crybaby response to a presidential election, the same whiny crybaby response that americans make every 4 years and then suddenly a couple months later they claim they have no knowledge of ever making

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

when i was a kid i got to help my dad make the ashes one time

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Senju Kannon posted:

don't take up that line of thought with someone from india or the rez or aboriginal australians or anybody whose lives and country were wrecked by empire because sometimes aqueducts don't quite justify the poo poo that empires do

also lol that's a pretty antisemitic reading of pilate to be spouting in a post-holocaust world. like seriously read that book one of her major hermeneutical concerns, if not THE hermeneutic that drives her work, is that any reading of scripture that's used to uphold antisemitism cannot be allowed to continue without being interrogated thoroughly. that's pretty much because she's a german biblical scholar writing in a post-auschwitz world and takes that incredibly seriously, while a lot of american theologians tend to not care so much about centering their biblical hermeneutics on anti-antisemitism

i don't recognize your name but this post leads me towards thinking that whatever reason i had to put you on ignore was justified

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

huh. anyway

bounce house

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i didn't go back and read if there was any discussion about it, but i know a pastor who used to serve near charlottesville. they would go into town there to the university hospital to visit sick parishioners. i was curious how they were doing, and i was hoping they weren't too bummed out. but i think they're ok...a couple days after it, they sent me a video via facebook. it was just the clip from the blues brothers movie

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i give much respect to the clergy and other people of faith who peacefully got roughed up by the shitheads that day. i thought i was a huge badass when my protest sign got blown away by a military helicopter that one time, but i've never locked arms and hunkered down to try and stop a bunch of armed 4channers from assembling in a park. it really opened my eyes and i feel the need to be more active, personally, since reading their stories

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

HOWEVER I also feel like an rear end in a top hat because I don't see the faith the same as someone raised in the church. They have the correct view of the faith and I do not. I also feel like I will never become true Catholic because of this

What do you think

imo go with the path that you think will help you along your journey in the most enlightening and positive way. specifically for Christianity it's helpful to remember that none of the apostles nor hardly anyone in the early church was raised in the faith

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I'm sitting at the fall festival of a local OCA parish. They have a pastry department. The pastry department has a logo.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

HEY GAIL posted:

:frogsiren: LET'S GET EARLY MODERN

what kind of paperwork does a priest have to fill out in the case that a person "probably" has a soul? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

this is why the Glastonbury music festival exists. Yeshua loved some good chunes

• Locked thread