Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
There's a "why was your day awesome today" thread, and sometimes things don't fit into the First World Problems thread.

For example:

Currently I am on a train and this OBESE lady in a skirt and one of those cut up shirts where there's horizontal cuts. It's supposed to be sexy. Anyways as soon as she walks in comes the smell. It is a combination of literal poo poo, rotten yeast, rotten cheese, and some type of sour... Something. I'm 15 feet away and can smell it. I have had to put my shirt over my nose and I look like a weirdo.

:siren: This is a complaining and whining safe space :siren:, so don't come in being like, "u shouldn't complain." Because then I will complain about you.

:siren: don't tell other people they're stupid, what they're complaining about is stupid, etc., this is a safe space.

For example, this = no

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

$400 for a car cleaning lolwut. For $200 you could buy a steam cleaner AND a shop vac and do it all by yourself in 20 minutes. Nobody "has" to get a car cleaning. Are you entertaining diplimats or something?

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 10:15 on Sep 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Why do people drive so slowly in light rain. you're not going to crash if you go faster than 15 mph you stupid moron

I didn't get enough sleep last night so im crabby from that, and this shittily driving morons poo poo is just compounding it.

And I am really pissed off at autocorrect right now!

e: I was really getting into the music I was listening to but then this commercial came on about thick, juicy steaks and sumptious desserts FOR ONLY 49.99! :flame:

I can't find the smilie where it's a smilie smashing another one with a hammer.

Day just started and it already sucks rear end.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Sep 21, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiberius Thyben posted:

They closed GBS. :(

What the hell? Why?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Because it's poo poo mate

But where am I going to read about people being gay? :(

Seriously though there were some good threads there like OSHA, China, and Eastern Europe threads. Fingers crossed they'll move here, I want to see more dudes drinking Baltika while squatting in full adidas gear in front of a depressing dilapidated building.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I'm here for you.

I am gay.

Thank you. I appreciate your openness.

I had to search for e/n and it's under byob and I don't understand byob, and how is it different from fyad? These forum changes are confusing and upsetting.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I got a gallon jar of those green peppers they use as garnish on Greek salad. I ate 20-30 last night.

Diarrhea filled will whole spicy pepper chunks = a bad start to my day.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

FYAD is often funny; BYOB is never funny. I'd say that's the primary difference

This still doesn't describe the difference but your av is really good and well made.

For thread content: I was told I can't excercise cause of health problems.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I got a cute necklace for $1 but it's literally causing my skin to feel hot. "Made in China" sticker was prominent on the packaging.

E: it's only been a minute since I posted this and now this thing is seriously hot. What the gently caress kind of nuclear material does China have its... everything?

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 22:07 on Sep 25, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiberius Thyben posted:

BYOB is sort of like the opposite of FYAD. We're a chill forum for good people to chat, relax, joke and have fun. It's really a nice place to post, and we have a program for helping GBS refugees get started.

I think e/n still follows the old rules, though.

If you do want to get started in BYOB, here's a few good threads to begin with.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765007
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3791322
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3791043

Ty again. I will attempt to read through these and hopefully find some new friends.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

kizudarake posted:

The person in the hotel room next to mine is snoring louder than my wife is, and there's no wall between me and my wife.

One time in a hotel a couple were having sex all night and blasting mariachi music.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I forgot to take a sweater so now I'm cold.

I pulled a muscle in my neck by being angry at stupid drivers. *la dee da durp durp 20-25 is the proper speed to go regardless of the speed limit* gently caress YOU!

Then I got stuck behind a Coca Cola truck with an exhaust problem so I got to breathe disgusting fumes.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 15:04 on Sep 28, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I was having a pretty good day, but at about 9pm on the way home I stopped at a red light and witnessed a drug deal on a brightly-lit city street across from a McDonalds.

It went as follows:

There's a black SUV stopped crookedly, halfway into the street. On the sidewalk, two 14 year olds walk up to a fat, old, white dude in a wife-beater sitting on church steps, exchange pleasantries, and quickly get away from him before pretending like they're just walking along the sidewalk normally. A guy (Dad) walks out of the SUV to the boys motioning a "where were you at, I was so worried!" Most likely saying it too; I couldn't hear because I had music on and windows up). The light changed and the last thing I saw in my rearview was Dad & kids getting into the SUV and quickly driving off around the corner--the church being *conveniently* located on a corner.

(I'm going to guess here that Dad dropped kids off a few blocks away and the kids were "just hanging out around the McDonalds"; and, if asked, Dad "came to rescue his lost kids" as alibis.)

Dad's smart (read: piece of poo poo) because he won't get caught because it's the kids with the drugs, and if there's a cop there while Dad is parked near the deal, Dad can just drive off. And, the kids' records will be expunged when they're 18! :downs:

We have a saying around here, "Shitview Park*, never change"

But in reality, we're all happy to see the once work-of-art buildings turned halfway houses turn back into works of art. They recently installed a hipster coffee shop. It's 100 feet away from said drug deal but during the day it's probably ok.... Though it's still 100 feet in the other direction from the methadone clinic (they're only open on tuesdays iirc). (They're run by CVS!)

*it's not actually actually called Shitview Park I'm masking the name :ninja:

it's actually Shitview DRUG Park

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The buildings around here that are now halfway houses were made between 1900-1910~ish so each side of the building is meticulously designed, decorated, and built, and they are so beautiful and they have loving gargoyles. GARGOYLES.

They turned the one closest to me into expensive rentals, I REALLY hope they make the one across from the McDonalds/drug deal place into nice apartments because those gargoyles are amazing and I would be so loving depressed to see them go.

This fits into the thread topic because breaking down historic architecture, or destroying it by not using it for its full potential, like making it a poorly-run, decrepit halfway house, is poo poo, and thinking about it has made me really depressed because I love old buildings.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

YYZ posted:

I forgot to lock my car and someone stole my (prescription) sunglasses. Like, why.

A friends car was broken into and all that was stolen was a pair of broken sunglasses. There was so much more valuable stuff in there :psyduck:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
This lavender-scented candle doesn't smell like anything. I mean ok if I stick my nose next to the flame there's some hint of lavender. Wow thanks let me burn my nose off so I can smell scents.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I was looking at six pack tattoos on fat people and interspersed in GIS were sexy real six pack abs and I was like, "man, I want to do some sit-ups" but then realized I'm pretty comfortable laying on the bed, and I'd have to break out the yoga mat, and that's far away and :effort:

I'm a fatty.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Brand New Malaysian Wife posted:

Everything hurts from yoga yesterday and I can tell I'll have a lovely sleep tonight as a result.

Your username and red text... :stare:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I was talking to a group about some emotional stuff and really having a moment, crying, and someone brought a loving baby in and all of a sudden everyone is like OMG BABY!!!! This is scheduled group time which is for talking about your issues. Bringing in a baby is WRONG. You could have waited 15 minutes until group ended!

So because I wasn't able to finish what I was talking about I now feel like poo poo and am depressed because I couldn't finish letting the emotions out. I talked to the counselor afterwards but I just bottled it up inside because I get that people are obsessed with babies so I said it's ok, even though it wasn't and I feel like poo poo, which is obviously worse for me mentally because I'm not standing up for myself, giving me low self-esteem. Oh and what I had been talking about WAS self esteem. Lol

Ugh.

E: now I'm getting stress-induced diarrhea. Yay.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:41 on Oct 13, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
It's COLD

I wish I had a job where I would switch hemispheres every fall/spring so I'd be in perpetual summer. Or live on some tropical island. I loving HATE cold.

Late complaint about Sunday: it was beautiful out and while I spent an hour outside, I spent the rest of the day indoors like a going loser and I wish I had spent more time outside because I doubt there will be any more days like that :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

princecoo posted:

Went to the hospital at 2am this morning because I couldn't take the pain anymore. So apparently I've blown out all the cartilage between my ribs on my right side, and the treatment is... pain management, until it settles on its own. Which it won't, as long as I have the cough. Also they gave me paracetamol and ibuprufen, with no relief, so they gave me some tylenol, which helped not at all, so then they gave me endone, which eventually allowed me to breathe less painfully and finally go the gently caress to sleep.

Work tomorrow is going to be just the most fun, I can't wait.

Tylenol IS paracetamol.

Here they are stab happy to give people dialudid first thing, I'm sorry you don't live in such a glorious country as :911: (assumin AUS since you said paracetamol and endone)

If I am wrong and you're from the USA you went to a very lovely hospital.

My own lovely day: I woke up with a panic attack. Hooray! Panic attacks are always a good time. If I went to the ER they would pump me full of Ativan and run 100s of unnecessary and expensive tests. Good old USA :patriot:

**on the other hand I'm not really complaining because there definitely can be an underlying cause for crazy heart rate, fainting, and shortness of breath so they're covering all the bases but nonetheless it's a weird/different system here from other countries.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:50 on Oct 30, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

MisterBibs posted:

See, I did not know that. I prolly wouldn't have gotten so frustrated had I known that.

Unrelated minor thing that hasn't made me day lovely, but it did bum me out:

The other day I was thinking about some pre-youtube (at least, I think it was pre-youtube) video series I remember liking. It was an animated short bunch of videos about a zombie that can think, was protecting an innocent child, and I think there was an Egyptian mummy involved. It took a lot more time than I expected to find it, but I did: it was called XOMBIE, and I was expecting to find that at some point they did more.

Nope, they didn't. Back in 2012 they tried to do a kickstarter to make a second season, but it made seven grand out of the 99,000 they wanted, and that's the final post on their website about it. It sucks because I remember being kinda attached to the series, and to find that nothing happened is kinda :smith:.

This awesome show imo called Blue Mountain State made over their $2 million goal on kickstarter to make a feature film with a Hollywood opening but Lionsgate or whatever just pocketed the funds, banned the opening, and only let people watch the film through some lovely website you could only access on mobile (and only if you had donated to the kickstarter). Needless to say I never got to watch the film. :saddowns:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I don't like my TV dinner. This is the third and last time I'll complain about it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I finally have my "video game" chair back, an IKEA POANG but they changed the design of the screws because they've been cheaping out over the years so the instructions online don't work for my *good* (old) chair, also I have bags of IKEA screws but I have no idea what is the POANG stuff because it's so different from the current instructions for their new lovely design, and I somehow didn't save the installation instructions.

I loving hate IKEA right now because they used to be super high quality (I still have my bedframe from loving 1999, same for my matress) and my MALM bed actually has metal parts instead of the new MALMs which are all plastic.

Like, how much does putting a metal screw into a piece of furniture instead of a plastic one even cost? 20 cents?

Problem: IKEA is getting lovely and that sucks, also my poor POANG is just sitting on the floor in pieces looking sad. :smith:

Oh and also they don't really sell cool european style furniture anymore, it pretty much only plantation style American furniture stuff for the most part, and the couches and everything else are enormous.I guess that Americans want gigantic furniture? I got 2 bar stools in 2008 and they're normal size and my mom just got the same ones but they're twice the size despite having the same name. :psyduck:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

cyberia posted:

:gonk: If your mattress was a person it would be old enough to vote. Please get a new mattress.

.... it's still good.

Also: poor.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Complaining and whining: I don't want to do anything today but I have so many things I need to do. Ugh.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I've been having fun, putting on Trash Tv in the background while I work on stuff and saw a link to Jenny Jones, "KIDS INFLUENCED BY MARYLIN MANSON!!!" (I remember the days when he was so scary). So I thought, cool, I'm out of American trash tv episodes to watch and Jeremy Kyle gets boring so let's watch some 90s trash tv. That Marylin Manson episode was :lol: and the following one, "kids change from prep to goth" were fine because she was really nice to them and put them in a good light. Then came the next episode. A clearly anorexic and/or bulemic 15 year old wearing something disgustingly skimpy in heavy makeup. I don't care if this show is fake or not, this girl CLEARLY has an eating disorder (I am former anorexic so I know what it looks like) but instead of getting her help (Wilkos would drag that girl to a rehab), they just let her mom shake her rear end and tell the girl what to say. "I'm gonna be a stripper and get a boob job" while she looks scared.

As I said in the other thread, blow up the 90s with a bomb.

Fake edit, As far as I know Maury was never this bad, it's been the same DNA garbage and making goth teens look like Nick Carter or Justin Timberlake or whatever.

Real edit: now there's a 50 year old guy who the girl CLEARLY knows the 15yo intimately (not necessarily sex, but also not just "hey what's up kid down the block just passin by" or whatever casual conversation ) in real life it's Him being like--what he's literally saying, what her mom is insinuating, is, "yeah I'm gonna be this (15yo) girls boyfriend, especially in a sexual manner." Ughhhhjjjjjj

They had no problem with this? They just let them go home?

Yeah a lot of stuff of this is fake or exaggerated or scripted but there are a certain things you can't fake--facial expressions, body language, words used, etc. ugh.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 21:56 on Mar 8, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I should take this to d&d sorry. It just ruined my day completely. Is there a nuke bomb smilie?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I don't want to get out of bed and go to work. I do want to work though, my job is fun and I enjoy it, but meh I just want to sit at my computer all day and get drunk. Drinking is the worst idea I could have. My cat is making horrible howling noises outside my bedroom door. So in summary, my day is lovely and it hasn't even started yet because I'm still in bed.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

InediblePenguin posted:

I had to go to the emergency room on Thursday because I don't have health insurance because I live in Texas and they rejected all the ACA stuff they possibly could and I have a really bad infection in my face that started as pneumonia and I went to the ER for that back on March 3 and they gave me an antibiotic but not enough of it and I didn't get better but I couldn't afford to go back right away and then I got a sinus infection that had me in pain for three weeks but I still didn't go to the ER because I am scared of the medical debt I'm incurring but finally I had no choice but to go and they gave me another antibiotic but I'm scared because it's really bad and it didn't start getting better literally immediately and my partner made me more scared by talking about infections eating the bone and spreading to the brain and so on and I was already really aware of that and frightened about it so that didn't help and I'm just SCARED, man, I miss being a little kid and being able to just sit back and trust the grownups when I'm sick.

My current plan is if I'm still not improving by Sunday I return to the ER and tell them. Does this sound like a good plan to others? Is that an appropriate amount of time to wait to see if the antibiotics will work? Is it too short, too long, how is it

Is there an immediate care in your area? Those are a ton cheaper unless your face is like, rotting off.

A bunch of hospitals around here (not Texas though) have patient assistance where they lower or even remove the amount you owe them. You could look into that and maybe see which hospitals have that program before you go there.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Thin Privilege posted:

I don't want to get out of bed and go to work. I do want to work though, my job is fun and I enjoy it, but meh I just want to sit at my computer all day and get drunk. Drinking is the worst idea I could have. My cat is making horrible howling noises outside my bedroom door. So in summary, my day is lovely and it hasn't even started yet because I'm still in bed.

Hahaha I just read that I wrote this, I must have been 1/5 asleep cause I don't remember writing this. My day is now bad because that's such an embarrassing post.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I lost a $20 today. I'm poor so $20 is a poo poo load of money.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

ArtIsResistance posted:

You should keep a better grip on your twenties

I'm 90% this shady guy who comes into my work snatched it while I wasn't looking.

I worked 14 hours at min wage today and wasn't paid overtime for any of it, lol

*i got a 5 minute break

**legal because I'm working 2 different jobs. Same company too but legal due to reasons

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 06:00 on May 30, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

IamnotJoe posted:

I don't think that's legal. Are you on 1 payroll or 2?

I have to take public transportation because my wife needs the car. It wouldn't be such a bad thing but it means wrangling a 2 year old on foot for a few miles.

2 payrolls. Different people pay me for the 2 different jobs. Nice guy pays one, cheap rear end in a top hat pays the other.

Also cheap rear end in a top hat takes $.60 out of every hour for "meals" so we're technically getting less than minimum wage. Yes I am going to report him to the city and/or state and/or govt.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My dog is going to die

Update: I ordered an urn. I had to call to change it from 3-5 day shipping to 2 day shipping and I was friendly and laughing on the phone with the lady (the kind retail people do, fake friendly--I can't help it after working retail for so long) and I think the lady thought I was crazy based on her tone of voice.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 22:48 on May 31, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
A neighbor who had moved out I thought to a different building nearby because I saw her in her wheelchair down the street apparently didn't actually love, she was was kicked out because her landlord wouldn't accept her section 8. She's homeless. And the city is closing down the camp where the homeless people stay in a few weeks for "reasons." This is serious bullshit. One day living in a nice apartment, next day out on the street. And the place you're living in is going to be torn down. And all the shelters are closing down now too! gently caress everything.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
:(

I'm giving you all hugs, I know it's from the Internet but I mean it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Elizabethan Error posted:

have you tried returning the favour in an increasingly ridiculous fashion?

I agree with this.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Jeza posted:

it even says safe space in the thread title. false advertising!!

Report him for not following the rules of the thread :mad:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Nvm

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 10:26 on Sep 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Quote =/= edit

ArtIsResistance posted:

poo poo not the primary thread rule

Gonna edit that in

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 10:03 on Sep 29, 2017