Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
we have loving concentration camps in real life right now and i don't have the power to stop them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

best friend has a bleeding disorder, had surgery last week, today started bleeding too much and had to go back in for more surgery, I'm rly scared and anxious at work

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

ive been getting depresser than usual and also real mad like a hornet cuz it's hot out, plus i been having minor cashflow issues waiting on my monthly commission check; finally got the money sorted out today and went to get tickets to see Orville Peck, which ive been excited about for weeks.... and by the time I got the money now, every single show in the northeast US is sold out, and it's a pretty minor thing to get bummed about but I'm bummed af nevertheless tbh

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

im at urgent care bc i can't breathe. i tried to go earlier but my bosses think the only reasons anyone ever misses work are hangovers and job interviews... it was easier to go to work and make them listen to me wheezing for four hours before they let me go to urgent care instead of a lunch break

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

i have something terribly wrong with my sinuses and today the atmospheric pressure changing with a large thunderstorm is making my sinuses hurt and I'm in so much pain i can't concentrate and my eyes are watering and i have to keep one hand on my face applying pressure to make things slightly less unbearable but it hurts so loving much holy poo poo this hurts so much it hurts i am in pain and it hurts and nobody cares or has sympathy and i have to try to keep working but this hurts so much, im in so much pain, it hurts it hurts it hurts!!!!!!!

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

i suck and am not good at maintaining friendships or talking to people

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

managers went to a work meeting out of state wednesday afternoon, got back this afternoon, i had to run my department alone in their absence, it was stressful, i have anxiety disorder and stupid brains that don't work and i had a panic attack, same thing happened last year when they went to the same meeting so there were lots of jokes about how it was going to happen again, and it did happen again, and one of my coworkers took a loving photo of me during it and sent it to the manager so they could make fun of me together behind my back, and the manager accidentally let me find out about it by mentioning it thoughtlessly while making fun of me for panicking when he got back this afternoon, and i'm really loving losing my poo poo about this whole incident

i GET that everybody needs to vent and that my panic attacks are harmful and stupid and i shouldn't have them and they make work difficult for everyone around me and like. loving fire me for it whatever if that's the issue then loving fire me. she loving took a loving creepshot photo of me and her and my loving manager loving made fun of a picture of me over text message and i feel that's an entirely different issue than venting about the performance issues that my mental health problems have caused and i am really upset about it

however i also require validation from others that it's okay for me to be upset about this because i have a big feeling that i'm only this bothered because of my stupid brains and being a lovely human who sucks, which you can tell from my other posts on this website

e: we are a small business and there is no HR department. i cannot retaliate or report anyone to anybody, for anything, ever. i am already looking for another job.

e2: the physical form of the panic attack was hyperventilating and putting my head down at my desk. that's what the picture was of. it's not like i was screaming nd rolling on the floor and it made for a funny picture, unless you think it's inherently hilarious to see a human with their head resting on their folded arms

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Nov 9, 2019

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

in 8 hours i have to go spend 9 more hours with the manager and coworker who texted each other surreptitious photos of me to make fun of me and i have to be silent and hope no one says anything

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

you should probably talk to a lawyer or someone with legal knowledge who can offer some advice. If you let it sit much longer they'll get more and more obstinate in dealing with your problem or try blaming it on something else rather than a work-related injury.

like, at my workplace if you slipped and fell on work property, they're on the hook for it.

Yeah that's not your workplaces policy that's a law so please please please please Picnic Princess speak to a lawyer and gently caress your goddamn employers who are trying to gently caress you over

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

edit: venting complete

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 05:24 on Dec 13, 2019

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

there's something wrong with my car and i think it's because at work they haven't plowed the parking lot and we all have to just drive over giant heaps of ice and frozen snow at a loving car dealership and one of the dust shields in my wheel well broke from doing that and i literally have $20 haven't paid my rent this month yet and just found out we're not getting paid commission for the month when that's literally half my pay and was how i was going to pay rent and i want to kill myself

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

it's the water pump and i don't have any money and i don't know what to do and im 36 years old and a childish failure and there's no reason for me to be alive

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

i mean the people coming in sick are probably not doing so out of stupidity if they work in a place that you already said doesn't treat them as people... call centers usually fire you if you try to call in ime

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

My car stalled out when I pulled into my parking spot at work this morning and now Ive found out that it's completely dead. The entire engine is blown. No compression on any cylinder. I have no car at all. I also have literally $0 in savings and i don't know what I'm going to do? I don't even know how I'm getting home tonight and back to work tomorrow? I kind of want to just loving die?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Pastry of the Year posted:

You don't have PMs. How did things work out for you tonight?

thanks for asking -- after some time to process and calm down i realized how lucky it is that i work at a shop and she died there rather than anywhere else, and i should be able to obtain a loan for a couple thousand to put a new (used) engine in her as long as the guys say that her frame is still good. The work will cost about $1600 but that's still inexpensive compared to finding and buying a replacement vehicle that runs well and getting the paperwork done at the dmv etc, and I can in fact get my hands on that even if only via usury, so I really hope the exam we have scheduled for after lunch today will not show any advanced frame rot etc that we haven't been noticing during oil changes. It's not really the end of the world; I just have brain problems and catastrophize A LOT, OBVIOUSLY. e: and i was able to borrow a car for a couple days, and I'll work something out after that. the repairs will take a while but I'm sure in a calmer mood I'll find a way

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 20:36 on Feb 19, 2020

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

got the engine installed and the door latch broke... had to duct tape my door shut to drive home lmao. but hell at least i drove

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

e: i would like to retract my complaints

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I work in the parts department of an auto dealership and we're "an essential service" because we work on cars and if we weren't open then no doctor or nurse in the state would be able to get to work ever again or something. we are not cutting hours or making any changes whatsoever to anything we do. i do not have a letter or anything so if the cops decide to pull me over i guess i just show them my work jacket and hope that's cool. i don't think the cops are going to start pulling people over in my area though. i don't want to go to work i had a bad case of the flu in late december and haven't fully recovered since, for three months i've had coughing and wheezing constantly but never quite badly enough to justify taking a day off from work (where everyone thinks i'm a whiner for caring at all about my cough even as they mock me for constantly coughing) and spending a hundred bucks on a doctor's visit, yanno?

also my direct superior is "alt right" aka he's a loving nazi but i'm not allowed to call him that because he's not a member of a german political party in 1939

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

edit: im honestly too frightened to talk on SA about this so never mind

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

uuuugh i mean im glad i have a job so i can, like, live, but i hate working tbqh i just don't like to work i am lazy and i want to do things that i enjoy, or at least just loving sleep. i would rather sleep than work

also i'm fuckin 37 and out of shape despite having strong muscles so doing 8 hour days on my feet hauling boxes around feels like it's not a problem but yeah, no, it is a problem and i am exhausted and need to learn to do better stretches

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That was the worst at my old job. I would have to be up at 5 so I was always trying to conk out by 9 but that’s not exactly easy. Also going to bed at 9 six days a week is loving depressing.

yes exactly this!

especially since i have whatsitcalled the timeshifted circadian rhythm thing where if i'm left to my own devices i perfectly happily go to bed at 5 am and wake up at noon

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

last night i went to bed at 10 and managed to get all of four and a half hours of sleep before it was time to wake up for my 7-4 shift! what a great and useful thing for my stupid body to do!

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

i don't even know why my day is lovely today i'm just having massive panic attacks and randomly began to weep while driving home from work this afternoon??? what the gently caress is wrong with me. i'm just, like, stupid and i'm not even funny to make up for it. having a really rough time for no specific reason

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Jiru posted:

This happens. Don't ever blame yourself for odd body behaviour. At least for me, sometimes, even at the best of times, things get weird and I feel all weepy and feeling down and stupid without a real cause, even up to some mild anxiety (although not full-blown panic attacks, thanks God). Nowadays I just ride it out, chalk it out to "ok body/hormone levels acting up today, nbd it'll pass and I'll feel good again".

Try not to think too hard about it, maybe take it easy today/tomorrow if you can, cry if you need to (no use bottling poo poo up), maybe watch a good movie or relax, and don't beat yourself up thinking of a cause/what's wrong, because sometimes bodies just do odd poo poo. It's nothing terrible or unusual and you are not stupid or dumb, so keep up and you'll feel better soon!

thank you. it was still happening today & i ended up having a weird breakdown where my brain just..... stopped, idk, like i couldn't remember the produce code i was supposed to key in and my body decided the appropriate response was to completely lock up and start hyperventilating and crying at the loving register while trying to ring someone up. i was very lucky in that the customer was more concerned about me as a human being who was clearly suffering some kind of problem than he was annoyed that i was disrupting and delaying his retail transaction and i guess i was also lucky that i didn't get, like, in trouble (my management at this job is fortunately good enough that i would not have actually gotten in trouble if they'd seen me, they, too, would have been concerned, and that's a very nice change for me). but i hope this loving stops soon.

i have tomorrow off and hopefully a day of rest will help. thank you again for your kind and reassuring words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

i have a lot of problems and all of them boil down to the fact that i'm a big stupid idiot who's just so god drat dumb