Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

My car's battery seems to have died completely enough for the computer to reset and I'm going to be away and I need to have it inspected this month so I'm probably going to have to hurry and drive it a bunch when I get back to get the computer to pass the emissions tests which is going to be annoying since I've had trouble getting it ready after the battery died before

mystes has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Nov 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

coldpudding posted:

I knew this was coming but still held out a little hope that it wouldn't.

So for a little backstory 10 weeks or so ago I got summoned for jury duty, something I'd rather not have to do but not the end of the world, anyway I turned up and they led us into the courtroom for selection and I get picked right off the bat, oh well what are you going to do. So I'm sitting there while they read out the charges and more charges oh god there are so many loving charges like ten pages worth and then the witness list all 100+ of them and I'm desperately hoping that I know somebody anybody so I can excuse myself from this six week trial but I come up empty. The jury selection is completed and the judge sends us into the jury room only to bring us back out again immediately and calls me up to talk with them, they tell me I am excused from the jury and free to go, I head home and think nothing more of it.

Everything is all fine and dandy till I go back to work and my supervisor pulls my aside and asks some oddly probing questions about my jury duty before finally leveling with me, the reason I got off the jury is that the person on the stand that day was owner and director of the company I work at, holy poo poo!

Now comes today and I find out me and 40 something other people only have one day of work left because the company is shutting down forever, the kicker is that this was one of the chillest nicest places full of great people I have ever worked at.
Yikes

I'm going to assume your boss was a serial killer and you got lucky he was caught before he could murder you though

mystes
May 31, 2006

yikes that sucks but if your family is that crazy I can definitely understand your decision to take the dog back rather than risk it

mystes has a new favorite as of 02:16 on Dec 8, 2023

mystes
May 31, 2006

is a personal noosphere like a no no zone, or maybe a nope cube? because there's no way I would want to do that

mystes
May 31, 2006

Biplane posted:

My shoes have big holes in them. My feet are constantly wet and freezing :negative:
yeah crocs are great

mystes
May 31, 2006

I still need to do my taxes -_-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

She didn't say why she wants to look around? That's pretty weird.