Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I'm effectively blind in my right eye due to cataracts. The surgeon just called me and cancelled my surgery because he's going on vacation. I'm rescheduled for a month later. Yay another 40 or so days of this poo poo. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Don't know if it helps but your username made me chuckle, at least.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

I wager you rue(barb) doing that!

:downsrim:

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Some A+ doggos there

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

My father died in 21. What up partial orphan club.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Got a huge abscess in my mouth that I'm debating going to the ER to have lanced. Can't see my dentist until Wednesday. Has led to me telling someone "it feels huge in my mouth" at least.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Facilities are messing with the fire alarms, the panel for which is for some reason in my office. I've got ear piercing alarms going and assholes coming up to me complaining about them. WTF am I supposed to do about it? Entitled fuckers.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

I climbed into bed and not a minute later a cricket inside the wall has decided now is the time to sing me the song of its people

AFAIK crickets do that to attact mates, so I think the cricket is asking you to come get that crickussy.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

My immediate thought would be a broken gear linkage but I know about as much about car mechanics as a Baptist preacher knows about ballroom dancing.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Course, landlords are typically ignorant of how evictions work. The number of times I've heard people say they gave someone a 3 or 5 or whatever day notice and I have to explain to them how it legally works...

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

So now he has a hurt toe AND a broken couch?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

A break is what Ross and Rachel were on.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my father's death. It gets better but Christ, I'll always miss him.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Expect your bank to want a police report (assuming the charges are over like $50, which they likely are). Depending on your local PD, that can be as simple as an online report that takes less than 10 minutes to file.

And yes, cards can be cloned. Gas stations are a favorite target for thieves to put skimmers on the pumps.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Broke a molar off this morning. Luckily it was already root canaled but still an ordeal. Also, my dentist leans in hard so I was smothered in tits for two hours. He really needs to lose some weight.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

I think Volkswagen can help with that.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

UwUnabomber posted:

Handled a customer drop-off today at the pet crematorium. Customers greyhound was let out to pee and after taking a few steps into the Detroit winter went "Man gently caress this it's cold." and ran headfirst into the sliding glass door, breaking his own neck. He then took ten minutes to pass. I heard this story from his owner who's very clearly blaming herself for letting him outside.

Really harshing my mellow here.

A co-worker had a dog die similarly to this. He was playing in the park and while chasing a frisbee ran headfirst into a tree.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Look on the bright side, at least they did the endoscopy first. I hope

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

I meant that as they use the same scope. It is a joke, you see.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Christ, I'm sorry. Been there and it's awful. Take it a day at a time and know that it will get better in time but it's something you'll have to work at each day. (I'm afraid that sounds like meaningless platitudes and I'm sorry if it does)

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Seconding this, I used to have the same issue so I started a routine of stretching my low back, hamstrings & calves. You'd be surprised how much those other muscles being tight can have a domino effect to other body parts.

lovely things for me: still hurts that dad's gone even though it's been almost 6 weeks. The littlest things set me & my mom off....doesn't matter if it's a movie/show he liked, or music, or seeing his empty recliner & chair at the dinner table. She made one of his favorite meals Saturday & we had to take a few minutes to compose ourselves before we could eat. Going to the store sucks, I keep thinking of the foods he liked & then the realization hits that he's not here any more.

Echoing Venus de lmao - enjoy the time with loved ones while you can, never know when that time will be gone. Last thing I told my dad was "this is just a speed bump, stay strong & we'll get through this together. I love you" - he passed not even 12 hours later. Trying to get my anxiety in check because my mom's a couple years older than he was & her health is on the decline, I'm terrified something might happen to her while getting prepped to move into the house & dealing with work bullshit. But she's told me more than once that I'm "her rock" & she appreciates everything, so I'll continue doing whatever I can for as long as it takes. Just need a break from all the bad news so I can catch my breath for once & not feel so drat overwhelmed.

:sympathy:

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

How's your mother doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Good. It amazes me how far we've come in heart surgeries. My father had a bypass in '86 that he felt the rest of his life. My brother had one three months ago and is already nearly 100%.