Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Simplex posted:

I think there has to be at least several dozen sports journalists who wrote pages long eulogies praising Muhammad Ali and his activism who then turned and crucified Kaepernick 3 months later.

gently caress off. There's no comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chichevache posted:

Can you explain whether or not this is in reference to their talent levels or the righteousness of their causes?

Yes

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

King Hong Kong posted:

When Kaepernick gets signed as the Raiders backup quarterback, warcrimes will have a sudden change of heart.

:toxx:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

King Hong Kong posted:

If this happens, I will have a lunch of McDonald's cheeseburgers and KFC coleslaw and a dinner of P.F. Chang's.

same

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

fsif posted:

The implicit corollary to Carr's tweet is, "if a kid can get off his butt and put in the work, what's your excuse for being destitute??" He's parroting the rich guy platitude that all you got to do to make gobs of money is work harder, not offering parenting advice.

I mean he's not going to win the tournament, but we need to fill out the lower seeds.

oh gently caress off

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

he's like 13 give him a break

also you should have seen the NBA threads last year although he mysteriously disappeared after the finals

13...inches!

hey-ooooooooo! Also, I don't post a ton in SAS, mostly just the GDTs. Season ended, no more GDTs.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

fsif posted:

Carr is definitely not advocating child labor, no.

It's just a douchey to talk about bootstraps in the current political climate.

lmfao

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Zurreco posted:

To be fair, Carr was also the guy that put out an olive branch to Manziel and said he was treated unfairly. This was after Manziel got kicked off of the Browns for all of his behavioral poo poo and, you know, beating up his girlfriend.

If Carr isn't a douche, he's a goddamn moron.

Here's the quote:

quote:

"What's crazy," Carr said as we drove in the predawn toward Oakland, "is, you know, I spent a lot of time around him. He's such a good dude. I obviously wish him the best, you know I hope that ... hopefully one day he'll reach out, [I'd] be able to talk to him and be a friend to him."
"You'd love the chance to help him?" I said.
"Absolutely, man," Carr said. "Because he's so talented, so I understand why he was drafted where he was. He could throw, could run, a dynamic athlete, dynamic player. Obviously he just had a little trouble. He's still young though, so hopefully he'll get another chance someday and he'll be alright."

I don't see anything about Carr saying Manziel was treated unfairly.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Zurreco posted:

"Obviously he just had a little trouble," Carr said of the woman beating, coke addicted ex-player.

C'mon.

Zurreco posted:

"Obviously he just had a little trouble," Carr said of the woman beating, coke addicted ex-player.

C'mon.

I totally agree that Carr is dumb for marginalizing a possible DV incudent but that's not what you typed.

e: I'm a pedantic babby

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

So when is Aldon Smith getting cut out of curiosity? I mean DV is personal to Mark and all, just not personal enough to stand up to daddy (I admit this is a cheap shot, I probably wouldn't stand up to Al either, especially if I were Mark).

But then again, he'd better be gone soon according to you.

How about when it goes beyond being quesioned?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Hey Greg Hardy is innocent according to the law :shrug:

Trying to compare these two situations at this point is loving idiotic but please, continue.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

King Hong Kong posted:

Is Aldon Smith that much of an asset to the team after having barely played for them these last two years that a suspicion of his involvement in domestic violence, after his long history of other offenses, is worth brushing off? You'd think that would be enough but it seems like Mark Davis can't bear the weight of making moral decisions and will only do it when his hand gets forced by the NFL or due process.

So a "suspicion of his involvement in domestic violence" is enough for you?

If an actual complaint is filed or enough unofficial evidence comes forward I'll be the first person wanting him off the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/862359932787720192

• Locked thread