Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

warcrimes posted:

gently caress off. There's no comparison.

In all sincerity, I'm not sure what you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The implicit corollary to Carr's tweet is, "if a kid can get off his butt and put in the work, what's your excuse for being destitute??" He's parroting the rich guy platitude that all you got to do to make gobs of money is work harder, not offering parenting advice.

I mean he's not going to win the tournament, but we need to fill out the lower seeds.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh, also, I nominate Tom Brady for allowing himself to be used as a prop to promote a white supremacist's agenda and deflecting when asked about it.

And Bill Belichick for the same thing, and also writing this:

quote:

Congratulations on a tremendous campaign. You have to help with an unbelievable slanted and negative media and have come out beautifully. You have proven to be the ultimate competitor fighter. Your leadership is amazing. I have always had tremendous respect for you for the toughness and perseverance you have displayed over the past year is remarkable. Hopefully tomorrow’s election, the results will give the opportunity to make America great again.

Best wishes for great results tomorrow,

Bill Belichick

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

That's a pretty dim interpretation. He is basically saying "hard work pays off and nothing gets handed to you."

Not everything needs to be interpreted through the lens of right/left or rich/poor.

He specifically invoked a dollar amount and said the kid was doing it to put himself through college. What are you to make of a person who cannot afford college when you're employing his brain dead logic?

I know he's not pouring over Ayn Rand essays when he writes his tweets, but there's more to the subtext than just "working hard is good."

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Carr is definitely not advocating child labor, no.

It's just a douchey to talk about bootstraps in the current political climate.

• Locked thread