Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm gonna win a million dollars playing this game this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Why do you think that the demo or even the beta will be the same as the full game, please stop.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Definitely play it on console if you can, is my advice.

Also, I spent the 4 bucks for a month of EA access on pc and spent some time with the story mode, it's pretty drat cool but they cut you off right when poo poo starts getting good it seems like.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'd bet a lot that they'll patch injuries to be less frequent basically right away.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Okay so tabbing out of FIFA or clicking on a different window will just drop your connection from online matches instantly, both on FUT and in pro-clubs. What the gently caress EA?

Oh my god this bug is back, really.

This is some fifa 13 or 14 poo poo.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I got this poo poo on ps4 this year and would def be down to do pro clubs.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I'm loving Menez so far, pacey, decent shooting, great dribbling 4*\4* and you can get him from like 3k coins. N'tep is another great cheapish Ligue 1 player, he's like a slightly downgraded martial but still great. In fact I built a rather spiffy full chem Ligue 1 team for something like 15k and I'm pretty happy about it.

Wait you don't play on ps4 as well do you because I just played a guy with this exact team.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah, I love Menez and N'tep is pretty drat good so I might build something similar too.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Whats the deal with ps4 parms, how can I get in on that.

e: I'm euro timezone, psn is the same name as here.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 29, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Go to trick for me with long shots is to finesse them into a corner with more power than you'd think. Works pretty well in most situations tbh and you can hit them from pretty surprising angles.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm reasonably sure that you're not supposed to see the arrow in any mp setting, period.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Guillermus posted:

I may be forgetting something as I could see it on manager mode but now I can't. You may be right but in SP I should be able to see it at least and I didn't (MLS career mode match).

it probably depends on what difficulty you're playing on, so if you changed that recently that could be the culprit.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm impressed that it only cost you 60k to build those squads, did you just have a huge amount of players already from buying packs?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm melting down, I got to the final of the weekend entry tournament 3 times and lost each one, two of them were nailbiters too.

Jesus christ.

e: I think I'm just gonna grind divisions and get in through division 1 wins or whatever it is.

e: Oh it's apparently division 2 win or holding in div 1, which are both a lot friendlier to me than single game knockouts it seems.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 14, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I've never had a fitness squad and I'm not gonna make one. I'd rather blow coins on fitness and injury cards and just play with my best squad, thank you very much.

If you're cool and handsome you build two really good squads and there is no 'best' squad.

Also I just qualified for the weekend league my first try this week after losing in the finals like 6 of the previous 8 attempts.

I am happy.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

This will probably be the last time I bring this up since it's not provable either way and can enter scripting/momentum tinfoil territory but I'll reiterate that the stat boosts simply don't feel like as big as they're claimed to be and that I saw a high level pro player answering questions about this years edition and echoed my sentiments exactly. He said what I thought earlier- chem styles confer a boost but not near what EA has said they do. The guy who said this is the same guy who would use the non-upgraded 83 Griezmann over the 84 nif Griezmann in tournaments because he knew that card performed better from hours of playing despite it going against logic. This was before his thoughts were confirmed by the chemgate poo poo that showed that upgraded nif cards were on base chem. So basically I trust the pro's opinion on the matter.

Again a lot of it is subjective, how you play etc. and I do believe that certain combinations of stats, height, traits, body type etc, can create players that play way better than expected. Sometimes I'm almost certain they've entered the stats wrong. There's no way fifa 13 Arnautovic played like his stats or 15 Deulofeu for example. Dabo looks like a nice card though, him an Tolisso will be great if they get IFs again.

I absolutely agree that there's no way the boosts are providing +5 per stat per chevron.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I want to Parm, how do I get in on that poo poo, on ps4.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

I'm 6-1 in the weekend league and this poo poo is still frustrating. Counter attacking is sucking the life out of the game. I'll stop at either 8 wins or 11 for the rewards. I don't know how people have time to play all these games. The time frame is poo poo for people in the US. It should go through into monday a bit.

I'm like 16-13 or something now and I've thrown away sooo many games i should have won it's just awful. I definitely need to practice more, I'm loving up like basically guaranteed scoring chances and then giving up a lovely counter attack goal to some trash tier player and it's really frustrating.

I mean, I've also run into a half dozen guys who just absolutely completely outclassed me so far, but dear god is losing games to bad players who get lucky playing lovely park the bus + counter attack poo poo just killing me.

e: Went on a 4 game win streak to start the day today and have lost 3 or 4 in a row since then and aghhh.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah the weekend league is meh and frustrating, on PC it's only 25 matches and I have 8 left and I'm already completely fed up with it. Can't imagine needing to play 20 matches just to get the rewards. EA are mental, it should be 25 matches for all platforms.

You only need to play 5 matches to get minimum rewards on console, but I mean if you want to get better poo poo you need to play a shitload.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Well I'm not gonna repeat the glitch for obvious reasons but if people quit on you that's why

Seasons is probably safe, everyone is probably taking their free wins in draft for max value. I played 5 games of seasons and only got quit on once

Tons of people gonna get their clubs reset, good poo poo.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

As a side effect, this is probably the best possible time to play draft, even if you aren't planning on cheating, because as soon as any cheater gets up a goal on you they will quit and you won't get a loss either, and there's no possible way EA can punish you for just playing the game and having someone use a glitch against you.

I just don't get the point of using a glitch. Like, did people not learn when they were 12 that using a Game Genie takes all the fun out of the game? What's the point in getting free wins and l33t coins if you get no accomplishment whatsoever out of it? It's just a grind at that point. I want to actually play and get better at the game.

A lot of people are convinced that they are great and its just the quality of their teams that is holding them back, so obviously glitching and getting a bunch of free players and coins will help them improve the most.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Yeah all it's all anecdotes but whenever I play against Kante he's a pest. One of the few player who can actually intercept the ball this year. He's definitely the pricier Ramires replacement,

Bummer to hear lacazette isn't very good, he was awesome the past two years. You definitely do need to dig deep into the stats and find which ones are important to you. For instance I just got rid of IF Immobile for 25k and picked up IF Kalinic for 12k and Kalinic is way better. If you just looked at the face stats they'd seem about equal but Kalinic has way more stats that I prefer and plays much better. For instance they both have 85 shooting but I prioritize positioning + finishing, then shot power, then everything else is secondary (I rarely take long shots with my strikers if they're in a one striker formation and I couldn't give a gently caress about penalties). Kalinic's stats are 96 positioning, 91 finishing, 82 shot power. Immobile is 83, 87, 89. He's doens't make near as good runs and isn't as clinical. He could definitely do more damage from range but that's not what I'm after. Kalinic offers better physical attributes and passing for worse pace and dribbling (which is a fine trade off for a target man). But since Kalinics shooting and physical stats are so good I just put engine on (+pac, pas, dri) and he's very very good. I'm dribbling through defenses with ease now somehow (even better than when I has sniper on Immobile). Give him a try if you have a serie A team. Elite run making and finishing for 12k is a steal. I actually don't put stay central on him like I do most solo forwards because his runs are good enough that he doesn't get out of place.

Also if Matuidi let you down give Verratti a try. He's a similar make of player but with elite dribbling and playmaking to make up for getting bullied sometimes. He was a standout for me last year.

Kalinic does look pretty good, I'm using Jovetic now who's been pretty good for me but I'm annoyed with his tendency to gently caress off and do other stuff aside from score goals.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Played most of my games today and I'm 15-13 so far. Was hoping to do better this time but it's still pretty possible to get 22 wins and gold 2 again which is like I dunno at least 200k worth of stuff

I'm taking it easy this weekend and just going for 8 wins, which will get me silver 3 or whatever for the week which is fine but will more crucially put me in silver for the month. So far its going pretty well and having a lower target as a goal in terms of number of games to play makes it a lot less stressful.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Apparently monthly rewards are at least one limited edition totw player from the entire month for everyone who met the minimum games requirement (20 games or so, probably)? and probably a bunch of other poo poo too.

The top tier players get a pack that has 44 limited edition totw players from the month and a legend (on xbox, obviously), which is pretty insane considering they've been getting 11 every week anyway.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

That's fine with me, I'm fine with them making it so that if you are unequivocally great at the game you will get insanely good players without having to spend anything

Yeah, same, and if the monthly players are tradeable in addition to all the weekly ones it'll help keep inform prices low I think.

I'm eagerly anticipating my one potential inform being striker ronaldo, myself.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Spoiler alert Perisic is the best drat player in the game for like the 4th year running.

Crossing fingers for another cheap CAM or CF card so I can run him at striker on full chem, but I'm using him at LF in a 4321 and he just crushes.
His long shots in particular are borderline gamebreaking.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Well I would try the halloween version while you still can! Out of all the cards I think his will drop the least because it was already very lowly priced and he doesn't have another IF/is the best CAM in the superlig.

e- Went 8-3. I'm done for the day but EA actually added another day because of server issues last night so maybe I'll get some more games in later. Also anyone who does park the bus + counter attack for 120 mins and loses on penalties should be banned from online play for a month

They added more time? Interesting, although I hit 8 wins as well which got my silver for the month and a decent reward for the week as well, and am feeling pretty happy about my run. Went 8-4, won a bunch of close games instead of losing them like last week.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I like Calhanoglu but he just feels a bit too weak/small for me this year, I've been rolling with Draxler who has been incredibly good so far, and he's pretty tall to boot.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah I'm getting better at beating the park the bus/counter attacking poo poo just because it's soooo common in the weekend league. I can't even point to something specific that I'm doing, and most of the time I just wind up annoyed and frustrated, but yeah.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I've been pretty consistently hitting the bar or placing it reasonably far into the top corner, but yeah it still feels like about a 3rd of the time the ball just goes randomly somewhere.

Also, the keepers are pretty good at covering the top corner money shot from last year, so even if you get one perfectly on target its far from a guarantee you'll score, even if they don't have someone at the post.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I lost the final 3 times again this week and was just like ehhh whatever. I should really just get to div 1 so I can qualify myself the lazy way every week.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Just had the greatest ending to a FIFA match ever

I went 0-0 with a dude through 120 minutes in weekend league and honestly he probably outplayed me and should have won like 2-1 but neither of us could hit the fuckin net at all at any point, so anyway we went into PKs and then this happened (I'm white)

You can also see me smashing up on the dpad trying to get the arrow to appear to no avail when the instructions keep popping up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDGTUV15_ts

If he didn't smash his controller after this then he should be some sort of zen mindset coach

Especially since Hernandez's goal bascally went right through his dude's fingertips lol

I did think it was a neat thing he was doing putting in the power at the last second, making it harder for me to get a read on whether the shot was going high or low. I think I'm gonna start doing that.

Holy poo poo.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I have to say that you played pretty well, but what can you do against one of the 5 or 10 best players in the world.

His movement and stuff is unreal.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I got gold 2 and have 5 games left but I'm done, I had a good run of games today and I dont want to ruin my good fifa feelings by losing a bunch of games like an idiot for a slim shot at slightly better rewards.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
That's a good looking team but I'd be pretty worried about defensive vulnerability in the weekend league.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Here's my two squads I'm gonna run this weekend, I'll be switching some stuff around formation and position wise, but in terms of players this is gonna be it I think.

Here's what's gonna be my 'main' squad, I'm gonna hold off on buying players until I get my weekly rewards tomorrow but it's pretty affordable, it might cost me 15-20k or so not including the players I already have (which I've been using in my 'standard' squads the whole time).

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=jTpdKU6TnMoH2:FFA17PS4

Here's my fitness squad, only cost me about 7k, looks pretty good. Gonna try it out the next day or two, see how it plays.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=cDZ2Wlo2nMoH1:FFA17PS4

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Made mint on my first trading tip. I sold a ton of 350 coin players for 1.8-2.5k. I even bought a few Eder's to see if my example tip was right. I bought a few for 600 sold for 1500, not bad. Now to blow it all on IF Bolasie and IF Martinez.

Nice, I've got a bunch of belgian dudes sitting around waiting for POTM.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

vivisectvnv posted:

did they disseminate the october weekend league rewards yet?

Nope, not yet, but they're supposedly dropping any day now.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I actually got a (nearly worthless) inform from my weekly rewards so that was cool, but yeah I got some random red silver player for the month.

Definitely gonna push for gold for this month so I can get a shot at a player actually worth getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

aellisr posted:

Do you feel like Lucas and Perisic play better more central in that 4-3-2-1 or leaving them out wide in a 4-3-3? I have been playing with almost an identical squad and can't quite seem to get the most out of Perisic in terms of goals, he averages 1.2 assists a game though. I keep going back to the 4-3-3 due to the box getting too cluttered when pressing forward.

I use Perisic in a 4321 in my 'normal' squad and he scores more than a goal per game for me. And yeah, you're right about the box getting cluttered sometimes, but you should generally be able to use that to your advantage in most situations.

Anyway, I think 4-3-3 is also fine, but 4321 definitely gets more out of your wingers goals wise.

e: I lied, "only' 48 goals and 16 in assists in 57 games for my perisic, essentially every game in fut champions stuff.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 17, 2016

• Locked thread