Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009
Got myself a PS4 Pro last week and will finally pick up this game. Can anyone recommend a good write-up or guide for starting FUT 17? I dabbled a bit in Fifa 15 on the PS3, but couldn't really put a sustainable team together.

Any other recommendations for Fifa resources would also be appreciated. Everything seems to be Youtube tutorials with annoying rap intros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

The answer to these questions depends entirely on whether or not you would like a market-based solution to your virtual footballing needs.

e: I skimmed your post, so it looks like you are looking for a market-based solution. In that case, I hope you like reading, because this thread is the WSJ of TAQ

Market-based solution to building the team as opposed to just opening packs? That's a definite yes, and I'll be following the thread. What's a TAQ? :)

hopterque posted:

For tutorials I recommend Boraslegend, he's a well regarded pro player who doesn't do dumb hype poo poo and has excellent, thorough tutorial vids for gameplay stuff.

https://youtube.com/channel/UC3VShdRR6vAp2FZIqoS4N1w

For general FUT stuff uhhh I don't know, it's pretty complicated at this point and you're jumping in pretty late in the year. Team of the season is starting soon so the best cards in the game are gonna start being released weekly by league, and prices are at an all time low so you can build nice teams for very, very low prices. Don't buy packs with coins, do squad builder challenges with your spare players (The fifa subreddit has lists pop up pretty regularly of recommended ones to do for the best chance at a profit), play divisions and if you get up into the top 2 divisions you can start auto qualifying for the weekend league which is where the real fun/stress/anger/rewards begin.

Cool, thanks, that's what I was looking for in a tutorial.

I realize it might not be an ideal time to start but my ambitions aren't that high. I guess I'll just jump in, but some pointers like the things you mention will help that.

edit: vv :monocle:

Serendipitaet fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 5, 2017

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009
So I followed the most basic starting guides advice, sold my initial pack players off, bought a bunch of managers and built this cheapish BL squad after mostly exhausting my untradeables/early loans:

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/3785789

I guess I still need to build an alternative formation and get more depth in midfield and attack.

Getting into the transfer market carefully as well. Player prices are still a bit mystifying but in the smaller segments for consumables and staff I seem to get an idea of what's going on supply/demand wise.

Serendipitaet fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 14, 2017

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009
Got a TOTS Aubameyang in the SBC just now. Is this a rare occurrence? Feeling pretty extremely stoked right now.

edit: haha, this dude is something else :vince:

Serendipitaet fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 28, 2017

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009
After first posting here about two months ago, I had a pretty good time getting into FUT and building a Bundesliga squad with whatever I could afford. I breezed through divisions 10 to 7 and managed to sort of bumble through div 6 as well. Then I embarked on a massive losing streak of maybe 10-15 games in a row and have now dropped to div 7 again, where I’m currently 1-0-2. Strangely, I feel like going up players were getting better much more slowly than they are getting worse on the way down.

I feel okay about my scoring ability inside the box (abusing the low driven shot a bit) and in mid range using my strikers. However, with better opponents I struggle so much to get my strikers into place. Defensively, I just suck, but I’m working on that.

Here’s what I’m running now and below the setup I used in my initial "successful phase“. I set the strikers to ‚get in behind‘ and the fullbacks to ‚stay behind while attacking‘. I’d really appreciate any feedback on players, formation and tactics.

Current: https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=kfaijTuanMDRp:FFA17PS4

Previous: https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=fsT6TZnQnMDRk:FFA17PS4

Used to have Gomez in place of SIF Werner, but recently sold him for a decent profit. Have about 30k in coins lying around right now.

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009

hopterque posted:

I would definitely, definitely switch to the 41212 (2) (the narrow version). I'd also look into finding a left footed striker to play on the left side alongside Auba, Dembele's OTW or IF (whichever is cheapest) on 7 chem at RF is a solid bet, he's a great player and 5star/5star so that's a big plus.

I'd pick up Keita (one of his informs if you can afford them) for one of your midfield slots, Castro was never particularly good for me, but there's plenty of great cheap versatile CMs in the league, Renato Sanchez, Junozovic, a bunch more.

Something like this maybe, a bit out of your pricerange still but you can roll with some other midfielder instead of Stindl: https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/4783833

Also, if that Aubamayeng is tradeable I would absolutely sell him and use that money to build a much better team all around.

Thanks for the good advice! Picked up Draxler, Goretzka, Sanches and IF Keita. Sanches is a beast at that rating! Have been rolling with Volland and Werner as second striker with ok success.. Anything else seems out of my budget right now.

Can't sell that Aubameyang, would probably have done so already.

Got promoted out of Div 7 again and seem to be more consistent at not being knocked out first round in the DKT :shobon:

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

Welp, won the cup in division 5 and got promoted to division 4. Then I promptly lost all my games, got back to 5, where I also lost most of my games (2 draws too:banjo:) and now I'm back at division 6. This game is weird, I didn't change my playstyle and lost everything. I don't get it.

I've experienced exactly the same in FUT, only two divisions lower. I'm definitely not a good or very consistent player though, so I'm hesitant to blame any game or matchmaking mechanic too much.

Still, I'd love for FIFA in general to have more transparency in just about everything... It's probably one of the worst games in terms of active player community vs opacity of mechanics and simply un(der)explained stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009
The demo has kick off mode and the journey (didn't try this one).

Included clubs:
Manchester United
Manchester City
Real Madrid CF
Atlético de Madrid
Juventus F.C.
FC Bayern Munich
Paris Saint-Germain F.C.
LA Galaxy
Toronto FC
Boca Juniors
C.D. Guadalajara
Vissel Kobe (POLDI :swoon:)

The game seems slow, but apparently this is different in online modes. I only got a few games in, but it plays great so far. Shooting seems a bit more realistic (far post driven shot still seems strong) and just controlling the players seemed to be more fun than in 17.

• Locked thread