Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I just want to reiterate that the Bucs spent a 2nd on a kicker who is currently 33.3% on FGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
NFC East Standings

1. Eagles (3-0, +65 Point Differential)
2. Giants (2-1, +2)
3. Cowboys (1-1, +3)
4. Washington (1-2, -24)

One thing is not like the other

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
sooooo good.

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/780557318102454272

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

89 posted:

NFC East Standings

2. Giants (2-1, +2)
3. Cowboys (1-1, +3)
4. Washington (1-2, -24)

Yeah one team in that list has never won the Super Bowl

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 27, 2016

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

NattyBo posted:

Yeah one team in that last has never won the Super Bowl

:thurman:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Intruder posted:

Two touchdowns vs a touchdown and a FG

And if you're up by 13 instead of 12, you're still relying on a missed XP if they score two TDs

I was thinking a touchdown and two FG's

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

89 posted:

NFC East Standings

2. Giants (2-1, +2)
3. Cowboys (1-1, +3)
4. Washington (1-2, -24)

All of the bottom 3 teams on that list have played 2 divisional games which usually have a lot closer score. The Eagles have not played one divisional game.

We will find out about Philadelphia after the bye when they play 4 of the next 5 on the road and the home game is versus Minnesota.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Genocide Tendency posted:

As someone pointed it out.. He did that at FSU,

Jamis is an idiot with roughly zero awareness of what the gently caress he is doing. He lives on athleticism and magic.

Um, athleticism? The guy runs like a pregnant woman. It's apparently all magic.

NC-17 posted:

I just want to reiterate that the Bucs spent a 2nd on a kicker who is currently 33.3% on FGs.

Hey, that's only 2 missed field goals. Last year at this time we had 4. :smithicide:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

TeeMerk posted:

All of the bottom 3 teams on that list have played 2 divisional games which usually have a lot closer score. The Eagles have not played one divisional game.

We will find out about Philadelphia after the bye when they play 4 of the next 5 on the road and the home game is versus Minnesota.

It's so bizarre having no early divisional games. I don't like it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Fire Sean Payton.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

A.o.D. posted:

Fire Sean Payton.

I feel like the offense wasn't the problem in that game, you should fire Rob Ry oh wait

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Febreeze posted:

I feel like the offense wasn't the problem in that game, you should fire Rob Ry oh wait

How many consecutive years does a team have to start 0-3 before it's time to cut the head coach?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

what can sean payton do? The team's cap is turbo hosed. They haven't drafted well.

It seems like the offense still plays well. I mean maybe he doesn't manage his subordinates well or whatever but i haven't read any rumors to that effect.

the people out there on defense are just not nfl starters.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

First place Atlanta Falcons

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I have an urgent announcement to make

gently caress The Saints

Amen

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Senordingdong posted:

First place Atlanta Falcons

Extend Dan Quinn IMO.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

Extend Dan Quinn IMO.

Please.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

Extend Dan Quinn IMO.

OMG the defense is horrid. Thank god for the offense doing what it's doing.

e:

lol Saints gave up 2 sacks to the Falcons which is mathematically more difficult than being struck by lighting twice.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Raise your hand if you thought the Falcons would be atop of the NFC South by this point

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

sam bradford lmao posted:

Raise your hand if you thought the Falcons would be atop of the NFC South by this point

Well, they were last year at this point.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

NippleFloss posted:

Well, they were last year at this point.

Started 5-0, missed the playoffs, lolol

I'm just happy to get a win against the Saints now and then these days

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the ravens...rule

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

I like how the saints have been in cap hell for like 3 straight years and seem to be incapable of figuring it out despite the fact that 31 other teams have. My understanding is next year is just as bad, like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I mean, I guess we got spoiled by those couple years when the saints became good and we all forget that, historically, they've gone on so many terrible football runs that the browns (!!!) look like a model organization in comparison. Lesson learned.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Saints upcoming schedule. Thank god for the chargers & 49ers but that's bleak

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

adaz posted:

I like how the saints have been in cap hell for like 3 straight years and seem to be incapable of figuring it out despite the fact that 31 other teams have. My understanding is next year is just as bad, like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I mean, I guess we got spoiled by those couple years when the saints became good and we all forget that, historically, they've gone on so many terrible football runs that the browns (!!!) look like a model organization in comparison. Lesson learned.

That's because the saints solution to cap hell is push the can further down the road.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

adaz posted:

their owner? gm? whomever does this stupid poo poo is basically irsay. every year they sign some washed up big name guy. tim hightower, kuhn, Hoomanawanui, fleener, fairley, kruger, ellerbe, laurinitis, byrd, harper the second time probably.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Eh, the Saints problem this year is that they are down seven or eight defensive starters, and most of them were the good defensive starters. Half of their dead money hit is from cutting Junior Galette right after giving him a big contract because he's an abusive idiot.

I'm not really sure what people expect them to do for cap relief, letting Brees go isn't really an option and a lot of the rest of it is tied up in contracts given a few years ago when it looked like they had a shot at winning another Super Bowl.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Um, athleticism? The guy runs like a pregnant woman. It's apparently all magic.

I am struggling to make a point about Jameis being athletic not in a Vick way but in an "I'm naturally big and strong and you can't stop me" way without using the Ben Roethlisberger comparison. And I really can't.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

NippleFloss posted:

Eh, the Saints problem this year is that they are down seven or eight defensive starters, and most of them were the good defensive starters. Half of their dead money hit is from cutting Junior Galette right after giving him a big contract because he's an abusive idiot.

I'm not really sure what people expect them to do for cap relief, letting Brees go isn't really an option and a lot of the rest of it is tied up in contracts given a few years ago when it looked like they had a shot at winning another Super Bowl.

Barnwell did a good piece on this a few years back (http://grantland.com/the-triangle/new-orleans-saints-salary-cap/) but yes, not only did they go all in a couple years back virtually every one of their free agency signings missed for various reasons and because of the super aggressive nature of the deals they couldn't just suck for a year and come back. They were likely going to suck for a while. That was 2 years ago and they're still doing the same thing with contracts - should really just bite the bullet, let all these contracts expire and come back

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

I am struggling to make a point about Jameis being athletic not in a Vick way but in an "I'm naturally big and strong and you can't stop me" way without using the Ben Roethlisberger comparison. And I really can't.

I :lol:ed

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

adaz posted:

Barnwell did a good piece on this a few years back (http://grantland.com/the-triangle/new-orleans-saints-salary-cap/) but yes, not only did they go all in a couple years back virtually every one of their free agency signings missed for various reasons and because of the super aggressive nature of the deals they couldn't just suck for a year and come back. They were likely going to suck for a while. That was 2 years ago and they're still doing the same thing with contracts - should really just bite the bullet, let all these contracts expire and come back

Should have just traded their dead weight contracts. Worked for the Eagles!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spoeank posted:

With this new information this owns

It's hilarious and I loving love it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

adaz posted:

They did it with Brees because it's still a better option than letting him walk. Otherwise they're just playing out the hand for the contracts they signed two or three years ago.

They've got 37 million in dead money. That's literally the cost letting these contracts expire.

Edit: Its a dumb argument anyway. The argument is that they can't field a competitive defense because they are hamstring by the cap, but their cap problems are due in large part to spending a bunch of money on guys like Junior Galette and Jarius Byrd and Keenan Lewis and Brandon Browner who then didn't do anything to help the defense. They need to draft better and coach better on defense, not free up cap space to make free agent signing that will just blow up in their faces.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 27, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I was thinking a touchdown and two FG's

So three unanswered scoring drives instead of two unanswered scoring drives

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Grittybeard posted:

Jameis Winston and Ben Roethlistberger are both physically large quarterbacks who are difficult to tackle and good at extending plays, and coincidentally have put their penises into vaginas which really would have preferred otherwise.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Blow it up. Blow it all up.

It's time to suck for another 35 years.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

adaz posted:

Saints upcoming schedule. Thank god for the chargers & 49ers but that's bleak

Holy poo poo Brees is going to die

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

NattyBo posted:

Yeah one team in that list has never won the Super Bowl

Rude.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the only answer for the saints is letting brees go, cutting everyone, and doing the two year rebuild. The team cannot compete the way they're structured.

the people at the top (and I think most of the fans honestly) have decided it's best to limp along with Drew than completely rebuild and actually compete in 2-3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Brees has been compiling garbage time stats for three straight seasons now

• Locked thread