Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Too bad the Eagles will only have Jim Schwartz for 1 year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

For some reason on a kickoff if a player goes out of bounds then touches the football, it's considered a kickoff out of bounds instead of illegal touching.

Because the rule book is retarded.

With this new information this owns

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ozu posted:

Too bad the Eagles will only have Jim Schwartz for 1 year.

I think he sticks around for two.

He just took a year off, was fired from the Lions, and passed over in Buffalo of all places.

Also anger management issues and all that.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 26, 2016

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Kalli posted:

For some reason on a kickoff if a player goes out of bounds then touches the football, it's considered a kickoff out of bounds instead of illegal touching.

Because the rule book is retarded.

It has to be that way to be consistent with other ways ball out of bounds interactions work in other portions of the rule book. This is not even close to a new thing.

If that was a man in a patriots jersey this thread's reaction would have been "Oh my that Bill, up to it with his special teams coaching hoodoo again!" :allears:

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

I don't know what happened to Pittsburgh. Just no relief throughout that game. It wasn't a turnover fest at least, but the lines both got dominated, special teams gave up some plays, and enough defenders got injured early to render us helpless against a rookie friendly offense.

I'm not really impressed with Wentz. He got every opportunity to succeed yesterday. Fletcher Cox and the Steelers' nonexistent pressure determined the outcome.

Hey also uh gently caress whoever thought a guy should be suspended for a season for marijuana.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Badfinger posted:

It has to be that way to be consistent with other ways ball out of bounds interactions work in other portions of the rule book. This is not even close to a new thing.

If that was a man in a patriots jersey this thread's reaction would have been "Oh my that Bill, up to it with his special teams coaching hoodoo again!" :allears:

Anyone having the awareness to do this is Cool and Good, if you ask me. That's a silly obscure rule that will result in players trying desperately to touch a football while keeping their feet out of bounds which is hilarious and should happen all the time.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Badfinger posted:

Well no, the Patriots did that exact thing a few years back and my response was the same then, as it's very stupid to have a rule which encourages a player leaving the field of play intentionally to interact with a live football.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If a cornerback had a foot out of bounds and managed to touch the football before it was caught, is it a dead ball?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

If a cornerback had a foot out of bounds and managed to touch the football before it was caught, is it a dead ball?

Per section 21, article 3, item 2 it's a dead ball.

quote:

Loose Ball. A loose ball is out of bounds when it touches a boundary line or anything that is on or outside such line, including a player, an official, or a pylon.

But a player voluntarily going out of bounds to do that should be a penalty just like how it's a penalty for a player to voluntarily go OOB on a punt to get downfield.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Helloooooo Mike Smith/Dirk Koetter, said the Buccs fan.

And the Abyss answered back...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/780485813909979136

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The thing that threw me for the biggest loop this weekend was finding out about the illegal touching rule on downing punts and how the game can't end on that. Who knew!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

I've never seen someone go a full 10 yards beyond the LoS and still look to pass

I think he was doing that super clever thing QB's do where they run past the line of scrimmage and act like they are still looking to throw it to hopefully catch a defender with a fake pass or a quick juke or something. He might have pulled it off and beat the dude in front of him if Quinn wasn't burning down on his rear end, although he still probably wouldn't have scored.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
That Bucs drive was something but why did Fisher go for two after the TD that made it 37-26?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

As these kickoff situations get cuter and cuter, I'm looking forward to a ball bouncing high in the air and away from the goalline right into a sprinting coverage guy's hands and he runs in for the TD

This would be my all time favorite football play. Too bad it will happen when the Hawks and Rams play again.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The only thing worse than getting screwed over by the refs is getting screwed over by the rulebook.

If only the point of the game were to not score; the Lions and Rams could have twenty Super Bowl wins apiece!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Marketing New Brain posted:

They looked plenty talented, I don't usually blame the coaching staff, but that's what I'm doing.
Join the club

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Volkerball posted:

I think he was doing that super clever thing QB's do where they run past the line of scrimmage and act like they are still looking to throw it to hopefully catch a defender with a fake pass or a quick juke or something. He might have pulled it off and beat the dude in front of him if Quinn wasn't burning down on his rear end, although he still probably wouldn't have scored.

No, QBs that do that pump fake. He still had the ball up and was looking to throw it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

wyoak posted:

That Bucs drive was something but why did Fisher go for two after the TD that made it 37-26?

You're asking why a team would want to be up 13 instead of 12?

7+3+3.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You're asking why a team would want to be up 13 instead of 12?

7+3+3.
Yeah but 11 is (potentially) a TD + a FG where 12 is two touchdowns

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

wyoak posted:

Yeah but 11 is (potentially) a TD + a FG where 12 is two touchdowns
So for the first scenario you're taking into account that the 2-point conversion is good and in the second both XP attempts are missed?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Two touchdowns vs a touchdown and a FG

And if you're up by 13 instead of 12, you're still relying on a missed XP if they score two TDs

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Intruder posted:

Two touchdowns vs a touchdown and a FG

And if you're up by 13 instead of 12, you're still relying on a missed XP if they score two TDs

And with them playing the Bucs, a missed PAT was likely.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wandler20 posted:

lol

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

wandler20 posted:

Jeff Fisher metatrolling Roberto Aguayo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

wyoak posted:

Jeff Fisher metatrolling Roberto Aguayo

And the Bucs in general. I'm embarrassed to even tell you guys that he's 9-1 vs the Bucs in his career.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

And the Bucs in general. I'm embarrassed to even tell you guys that he's 9-1 vs the Bucs in his career.

Holy poo poo, he's literally the losingest coach in the history of the NFL.

Anyone anywhere near him has way more wins than losses, but since he holds the Kroenke family phylactery, he'll never be canned.

edit:

Yes, I am aware that the Buccs are ahead in the head-to-head series with the Falcons, why?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yeah please go away forever

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Holy poo poo, he's literally the losingest coach in the history of the NFL.

Not yet

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The Redskins won a hard fought battle.

What a win. Amazing game.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

A Man and his dog posted:

The Redskins won a hard fought battle.

What a win. Amazing game.

In past regimes, we would have lost this game running away, especially with the things that happened throughout the game. I was honestly stunned when Cravens intercepted the ball.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I really don't want to become That Guy but was there a chance jameis was concussed? His behavior on that last play was so confusing and confused

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Just a reminder that not only is Tress Way the best punter in the league but he's also got a better arm and accuracy than at least a few QBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V29rVFasBww

:allears:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

v2vian man posted:

I really don't want to become That Guy but was there a chance jameis was concussed? His behavior on that last play was so confusing and confused

maybe he's just a doofus!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

v2vian man posted:

The rigorous and thoroughly enforced NFL concussion protocol ensures that there is no possibility of player remaining on the field if he's experiencing concussion symptoms unless the coaches, owners, player, or other league officials want the player to remain on the field.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

v2vian man posted:

When you put that Bucs helmet on you do mysterious things. By mysterious I mean dumb and senseless.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

wandler20 posted:

When you put that Bucs helmet on you do mysterious things. By mysterious I mean dumb and senseless.

A perfect fit for Jameis

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

v2vian man posted:

Jameis did a lot of stupid poo poo at FSU as well; his usual model was to throw three or so interceptions before lighting up the field.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

axeil posted:

Well TB, I'm glad you and I were wrong. :dance:

:laugh:

Are the Steelers still a Super Bowl contender? :v:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

wandler20 posted:

As someone pointed it out.. He did that at FSU,

Jamis is an idiot with roughly zero awareness of what the gently caress he is doing. He lives on athleticism and magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

v2vian man posted:

How can you tell if Crab Legs Winston's Decision Making is off?

• Locked thread