Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OB_Juan posted:

When does the show come back?

I think it starts again next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think it starts again next week.

Nice!

Yep, according to The Internet, Tuesday, October 4

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Echo Kellum who plays Mr. Terriffic/Curtis Holt on Arrow, is appearing on a crossover this year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK6lUqeB90S/

Is it true that there will be a musical episode?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remain cautiously optimistic despite being disappointed by the previous season.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Pastrymancy posted:

Is it true that there will be a musical episode?

A two-part musical crossover with Supergirl happening later this season was confirmed at press tour this summer yep.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What's the story with distribution this time? It shows up on Netflix after the whole season runs?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah and like immediately after on the CW website and app.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I hope there's not too many long hiatuses. I don't mind if it stops for a break in the middle but it was a bit silly when you had it coming back then going on a two week break straight away last time around. It doesn't do anything for the momentum of the plot at all.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I think that's just par for the course because they time exciting things during sweeps week

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Wheat Loaf posted:

I hope there's not too many long hiatuses. I don't mind if it stops for a break in the middle but it was a bit silly when you had it coming back then going on a two week break straight away last time around. It doesn't do anything for the momentum of the plot at all.

It's an election year so get ready for a bumpy schedule.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

pee out my butt posted:

Yeah I'm curious as to whether the show will air on Nov 8th. I imagine most prime time shows on that Tuesday will take the week off.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Some stills for S3E2 have popped up! Spoilers in the link.

Looks like JWS is coming back as Jay Garrick sooner than expected, and one of the shots has some blurry legs that look like they come from the Reverse Flash! Other than that, the episode definitely shows Flashpoint is only a single episode which is kind of disappointing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lotus circle posted:

Some stills for S3E2 have popped up! Spoilers in the link.

Looks like JWS is coming back as Jay Garrick sooner than expected, and one of the shots has some blurry legs that look like they come from the Reverse Flash! Other than that, the episode definitely shows Flashpoint is only a single episode which is kind of disappointing.

looks like Flashdad has lost some weight

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

computer parts posted:

This is kinda what I'm talking about with people being allergic to romance. The bad fights in this show don't get nearly as strong of a reaction.

The bad fights in this show are real bad though? Like the consensus is that the best fight was Wally just running Black Siren over in a car because barry is an idiot?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

pee out my butt posted:

Most of the real wonky scheduling last year was in the second half when they were dragging the season out so they could run a full month of episodes in may sweeps, and have first run Flash episodes as a lead in to Contagion.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Most of the real wonky scheduling last year was in the second half when they were dragging the season out so they could run a full month of episodes in may sweeps, and have first run Flash episodes as a lead in to Contagion.

Yeah this. There was the normal fall sweeps and end of year break which people expected. The weird stuff was a full month break after Feb, then two episodes, then 3 more weeks off prior to spring sweeps.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ice cold horchata posted:

Yeah and like immediately after on the CW website and app.
Noice. Now that's a cool and refreshing drink!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Of course PS4 doesn't get the app for some reason, just like HBO Go, thanks corporate overlords :negative:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

I legit appreciate Koalas March a lot for bringing up representation issues since it is important and has increased my appreciation of Iris. I didn't hate Iris before aside from wanting her to do more but after reading some of KM's posts in this and last thread I am now rooting for Iris/Candace.

Hey, I don't have PMs, but since you seem interested, I thought you might like to check out this (relevant) thread.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Koalas March posted:

Hey, I don't have PMs, but since you seem interested, I thought you might like to check out this (relevant) thread.

I already did and even helped tell off the thread's first troll (in a real passive aggressive way)!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Well holy crap this looks potentially cool:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-tomorrow-933699

They're talking up the special effects and prosthetics too which is exciting, and with over 3 hours to work with this could end up being extremely cool.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Guy A. Person posted:

Well holy crap this looks potentially cool:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-tomorrow-933699

They're talking up the special effects and prosthetics too which is exciting, and with over 3 hours to work with this could end up being extremely cool.

I'm hoping it ties in with the flashpoint stuff, but who knows. I'm just excited to see DC rocking television, just wish they could do the same thing for their movies. I want some justice league action!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Dominator mouth isn't that far from the early Zoom look.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

two scenes from tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ziH817AKJw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhXywBwep0I

e: three

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqHcv2W8TTI

e: four

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylHRnFynfnI

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 4, 2016

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

do we know if captain cold is coming back?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I enjoyed this video more than season 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvUXbzxxdo0

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Brother Entropy posted:

do we know if captain cold is coming back?
Yes, he's slated to appear in episode 4 alongside Mirror Master and The Top.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lotus circle posted:

Yes, he's slated to appear in episode 4 alongside Mirror Master and The Top.

good, i've got at least one reason to keep up with this mess of a show

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh hey we're a few steps below Super Gitmo. Super Abu Ghraib.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I like the non-Wells Reverse Flash., we're off to a good start this year.

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

This is the worst plan.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

So, uh, how much time has passed since last season?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

howe_sam posted:

i'm not sure that's a question that can actually be answered when we're talking alternate timelines

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

They haven't said how long yet but if I had to guess, a few months. Barry seems pretty acclimated to the differences in the world.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

what i want to know is like, what happened to this timeline's barry

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Brother Entropy posted:

what i want to know is like, what happened to this timeline's barry

Remember 7 days? Something like that.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh, sounds like we have a confirmation. His mom mentioned he'd been creepin' on Iris for 3 months.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mooseontheloose posted:

Remember 7 days? Something like that.

i don't know what this means

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Brother Entropy posted:

i don't know what this means

The show 7 Days, the guy has a device that can travel back in time 7 Days and he kinda just replaces himself when he jumps back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Holy crap that's Alex Desert aka Julio Mendez from the 90's Flash (same name and everything!)

• Locked thread