Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

So the crossover this year is just everyone in a big battle royal for 2 nights.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Better than lovely aliens

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Koalas March posted:

I would love it if they opened with Wally doing the Fastest Man Alive monologue.

Yeah they really do need to do one for him, even just for an episode. Hell, the comics used to do it for other characters all the time once it was an established thing*. I fully expect episode 1 to be largely from Iris's perspective and for her to have the episode 1 monologue talking about Barry's absence.

* maybe they already have in the show too?? I feel like they might've and I just am forgetting

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Croc posted:

So the crossover this year is just everyone in a big battle royal for 2 nights.

Even better: It's beating up Nazis for 4 hours.

I'd imagine it's basically: everyone's recruited by The Ray to help the Freedom Fighters liberate Nazi Earth and fight the Nazi doppelgangers of the big heroes of each series. The End.

I'm also not a fan of Zari being referred to by name, but given that the alternative was Isis, I can understand.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Ok can I just say I love how this poster looks? They should really do more drawn poo poo like this considering how many talented artists DC has on their books. Seems like they're tying it into a WestAllen wedding, which makes it even more Silver Agey.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yep, according to the synopsis WB released, Nazis crash Barry and Iris's wedding.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Yep, according to the synopsis WB released, Nazis crash Barry and Iris's wedding.

That's so silver age I want to cry tears of joy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah but when does something with Fantasy or sci-fi elements happen

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah but when does something with Fantasy or sci-fi elements happen

:911:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Who is the artist for that poster?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The most important question though: where's Steel?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

Who is the artist for that poster?

Phil Jimenez

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Something about Nazis crashing an interracial wedding just tickles me. I wonder if they are going to get political given the current climate.. I kinda hope not, I don't really trust these writers. "Use your natural athleticism!"

Anyway, I love that Barry and Iris are front and center. I hope they actually write for her this season and let her be an awesome and good character. Candice Patton is a gem.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Koalas March posted:

"Use your natural athleticism!"

He did play football before the particle accelerator explosion. But that's hardly "natural". And wasn't that said by grand-pa Stein, anyway? I can't remember.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Use your trained and conditioned athletic skills!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

He did play football before the particle accelerator explosion. But that's hardly "natural". And wasn't that said by grand-pa Stein, anyway? I can't remember.

Yes, but it was played completely straight and not "wtf old white man". It would actually be really interesting if they had the guts and talent to delve into the idea of a black youth having an old white man in his mind/body. It doesn't have to be like "Get Out" but there's a lot of potential for storytelling there.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Koalas March posted:

Yes, but it was played completely straight and not "wtf old white man". It would actually be really interesting if they had the guts and talent to delve into the idea of a black youth having an old white man in his mind/body. It doesn't have to be like "Get Out" but there's a lot of potential for storytelling there.

Oh my god, I didn't even think about it like that.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Some people are athletically gifted(naturally atheltic) -- not everyone can train and condition themselves to do well in sports at a high level. That's how I took the line but it's still cringe-worthy because of the history behind statements that sound like it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm just happy that Mick gets to roast a shitton of more Nazis this year :allears:

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

howe_sam posted:

:eyepop:

So it's the Naziverse versions of everyone from the new CW Seed The Ray cartoon?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Koalas March posted:

a black youth having an old white man in his mind/body
This summer, Chiwetel Ejiofor is... CLARENCE THOMAS

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

omg chael crash posted:

Some people are athletically gifted(naturally atheltic) -- not everyone can train and condition themselves to do well in sports at a high level. That's how I took the line but it's still cringe-worthy because of the history behind statements that sound like it

Yeah, it was a valid comment (play to your strengths, don't just try to trade punches) with the worst possible delivery.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
If Nazi-Kara isn't called Overgirl I'm fuckin done

If there's a Tyler Hoechlin Overman though I will never ask for anything again :pray:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Senerio posted:

The most important question though: where's Steel?

Captain Cold replaced him.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Autism Sneaks posted:

If there's a Tyler Hoechlin Overman though I will never ask for anything again :pray:

Ubermadchen by my bad German.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Autism Sneaks posted:

She is in fact Overgirl :eng101:

Melissa Benoist voices the character on The Ray animated series on CW Seed that serves at the prequel/setup to the crossover and she's referred to Overgirl apparently.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Who the gently caress is Zari?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Its Rinaldo posted:

Who the gently caress is Zari?

Isis. She's the new addition to the Legends this year. She's a hacker from the 2030s with a magical Egyptian amulet who the team picks up at some point. They're referring to her as Zari (her real name) primarily now for some reason I just can't quite put my finger on... :thunk:

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Isis. She's the new addition to the Legends this year. She's a hacker from the 2030s with a magical Egyptian amulet who the team picks up at some point. They're referring to her as Zari (her real name) primarily now for some reason I just can't quite put my finger on... :thunk:

Is she also Damien Dahrk's daughter? Or is that another person?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ZRM posted:

Is she also Damien Dahrk's daughter? Or is that another person?

Different person. Dahrk's daughter is being played by Brandon Routh's wife and is a villain this year, but they're from roughly the same time period on the show so I imagine they'll be connected somehow, but who knows?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Koalas March posted:

You've seen the poo poo these writers give us and ask for more complex stories? That's just wishing on a monkey's paw.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

You've seen the poo poo these writers give us and ask for more complex stories? That's just wishing on a monkey's paw.

Holy poo poo did Grodd get his hand cut off and I missed it?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Grodd's an ape, not a monkey.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My dreams are coming true!

STAC Goat posted:

I just checked CW Seed and apparently not.

But there are a bunch of animated Justice League movies and a trailer for a Freedom Fighters show with Ray, Black Condor, and Red Tornado.

Sadly every time i try to play it the app crashes.

edit: HOLY poo poo! The Ray series is set on Planet X where the Nazis won where he leads a team of heroes against the SS Oliver, Barry, and Kara!

I don't know why I'm this excited by a dumb cartoon but I can't believe that even on a dumb web thing they made the stars of their three series Nazis.

GO TO PLANET X, Legends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugDHT-A5CGw

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I really like that poster!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Strap in, people! The Flash is back tonight!

Still no word on whether The Flash is back to being good tonight though :v:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Unless they've radically altered the writers room, it's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Anyone gonna make a new thread for this? I can toss one up.

• Locked thread