Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Honestly Candice Patton is a national treasure and we should be grateful.

I want more Earth-2 Iris, and her amazing pants :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I'm looking forward to a timeline where Barry hasn't killed anyone yet.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

BSam posted:

The Flash is a good show. I mean it's no Legends of tomorrow but it's good.

Flash would have had no trouble killing Vandal Savage at three different time periods simultaneously.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Guy A. Person posted:

I for sure thought they were going to go the route of "Barry is the one who generates the Speed Force, so without him being Flash there is nothing to give Thawne speed" in the first season. And it was going to turn out that Thawne became Wells to ensure that Barry became the Flash (because maybe the timeline had been altered to such an extent that he otherwise didn't become the Flash).

But it turns out that Thawne losing his powers was just some super weird coincidence? And that he just needed Barry to be fast enough to give his failing powers a boost to travel back to his time where he would...get better?

Then of course there's all the weird stuff about the Thawne time remnant, which I think is obsolete now because Barry removed the Thawne that murdered his mother from the timeline post-murdering his mother. So wait was Wells ever Thawne in this timeline? Is Eddie still alive? :psyduck:

I believe that in this timeline Thawne did not take over Wells, as he is going to be loving with time shenanigans over in Legends of Tomorrow. This may have caused ~ripples~ to explain any drama the writers may want to pull out their butts.

The ripple may also be coming the increasing trauma past-Barry experiences, but present-Barry from a slightly alternate timeline never has to process the ever increasing circus happening surrounding his mother's murder. He just remembers the yellow lightning from Season 1.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Other people would still remember him talking about it. :colbert:

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Rhyno posted:

Check again.

The bottom one has a lightning bolt on it.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

greatn posted:

Did he have body stealing abilities? I thought he was doing it the old fashioned way with brain transplants.

psychic powers dude!

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

rapeface posted:

I thought Caitlin turned bad because she was merging with her Flashpoint self, who was bad. Isn't that how it's been working?

If the writers are absolutely terrible. I think her fear of becoming Killer Frost, going coocoo bananas was the real motivating factor, like, they've been setting it up pretty hard since Season 2. She's traumatized by a dimensional doppelganger who she fears she's fated to become. She does these things because it makes sense. She's turning into her. It allows more moral flexibility. Kinda like how muscles like this! put it.

It's only in a rare case of Barry actually not loving everything up, that lets her believe that she is not the Killer Frost she met.

I'm actually kind of liking the writing this season. I think Iris is wrong as gently caress about Barry's competence, but her point of view totally makes sense. She might just understand that the justice system does not serve minorities / outsiders well, and gently caress, meta-humans need someone to protect their human rights.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

MiddleOne posted:

Am I operating on a different plane of reality from the rest of you? The Killer Frost diatribe was the worst written villain turn I have ever seen. The episode basically went like this,

1. I'm normal Caitlyn but oh no I have too use my poooooweeeers I'll go craaaaaazy
2. I'm Killer Frost and I'm just going to murder this Alchemy henchmen and try to kill Julian now because craaaaaaazy
3. I'm Killer Frost but I can't kill precious Barry who I horrifyingly maimed and tried to freeze to death just 10 minutes ago because who knows
4. I'm now normal Caitlyn again after a stern talking to, everything is forgotten and my personality is back where it started! Motivations? Who needs 'em.

Clearly this was a nuanced, complex and completely logical character development that could not have been done in any better way. We even have a villain this season who's entire superpower is his ability to turn anyone into a villain regardless of their character motivation, so why would they go for this? I get it, they've been teasing her turn for forever and this is something that they've really wanted to do but why can't they even try to come up with actual reasons for things happening? Oh wait no, this is a procedural which means that any character not a guest-actor can't ever lose screen-time for any reason. Can't give anyone actual motivations because then that reset button wouldn't be so easy to hit at the end of the episode.

Ah forget it. What I hate about this show is that unlike Arrow (which has been garbage masked by ok action scenes all along) and Legends of Tomorrow (which is great now that it's fully self-aware) it actually seemed like a decent show at some point instead of the garbage we've been fed since the season 1 finale. This show is on my short list of shows, like Dexter and Under the Dome, that I follow solely to see just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

She had plenty of opportunities to murder Barry and literally took none of them. She's a medical doctor with intimate knowledge of Barry's physiology and has treated / observed him being frozen.

I think you just want her to have no motivation. Like, I'm very meh on Caitlyn as a character, but this is literally the first storyline she's been a part of that I feel makes a bit of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
So am I alone seeing the weird HR walk in thing, when Savitar or Julian is talking about how he can make people do things? Or when they hinted at that Wally was the one that was important, and that HR is the one that is training Wally who is also faster than Barry, given that Savitar only shows up when a threat to him shows up and that Wally's speed is an essential part of whatever Savitar is doing?

• Locked thread