Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Welcome to Season 3 of The Flash! Last season may have had some bumps in the road, but I'm optimistic this season might be better.
I want this read to be fun and not get bogged down by petty fights (which I realize are inevitable..) so this OP is going to be happy and light and lots of gifs, so enjoy!
I wanted to try to float the text, but I couldn't figure out the bbcode so the formatting is a little weird but that adds to the charm. :3:
The Flash is coming back October 4th, at 8:00pm on the CW. Now on to our amazing cast!

(Grant Gustin)

Barry Hitler Allen, AKA The Flash! His mother was tragically killed by a speedster called Reverse Flash, and his father was jailed for the crime.
Detective Joe West adopted him, an he grew up with the love of his life, Iris. He is an honorary member of the West Family (#blessed) and Joe treats him like he's always known he'd be his son-in-law, which is very prophetic!
Barry spent most of last season being a murderer and continuing to hold people in the meta-human equivalent of Guantanamo Bay.
Barry dated Police Brutality Patty™ for a little while but the shippers hated her, so the CW put her on a bus to somewhere else.
Barry continued his meta-human murder spree and became emo as hell. Last time we left Barry Allen he kissed Iris West goodbye and reset the future and Flashpoint Paradox, here we go!
This season we will see what Barry has sacrificed in his quest to save his mother's life at (apparently) any cost.

(Candice Patton)

Iris West is Barry's best friend and soulmate. :love: She's a journalist for the Central City News, and brings light to issues like domestic when she isn't tracking down meta-humans.
She is tough as nails and originally wanted to be a cop, but her father was dead set against it. She has gone up against many bad metahumans and come out on top, without or without The Flash's help.
In season one Joe and Barry were kind of assholes to her due to plot and kept in the dark about Barry's Superhero alter-ego. Iris figured it out however, when she touched Flash's hand and there was a spark.
She had a fiance a one point, but he's dead now and no one else really cares. She grieved for awhile and realized that she loved Barry, but Barry is a jerk and went back in time because he doesn't know how to learn from his dumbass mistakes.
Iris is amazing and beautiful and an inspiration to young women and little girls everywhere.

Pictured: Barry and Iris being adorable.

(Jesse L. Martin)

Joe West is a (good?) detective and Iris and Wally's father. He took Barry into his home and fostered him after his mother was killed and his father was jailed.
Joe's a strict, but fair parent. He raised both Iris and Barry as a single working father, which I think says a lot about his character.
He values his kids and even though they make mistakes, I'd say he did a good job, considering the circumstances surrounding Iris' mother running away, the murder of Barry's mother, and the incarceration of Barry's father.
He genuinely loves Barry and their scenes together are arguably the best in the show.

(Keiynan Lionsdale)

Wally West is Iris' brother and Kid Flash! Wally has come a long way.
Their mother, Francine was a drug addict, not a pathetic, racist trope at all.. and passed away almost immediately because gently caress character development for the West family after Iris and Joe came into Wally's life.
Wally loves street-racing and has a lot of fun comic relief lines. He has potential to be a great character, let's see if the writers are competent enough to flesh him out and put some focus on his relationship with his new family.

(Carlos Valdes)

Cisco Ramon is an engineering genius. He's cute, he's funny and he gets the honor of "code-naming" all of The Flash's enemies.
Cisco, along with Caitlin Snow is an integral part of Star Labs. He's also an irreplaceable part of Team Flash. He recently discovered he was a metahuman, and has many incredible powers.
One is that he can "Vibe" between alternate universes and see events that took or will take place there.
His wardrobe is also fun and endearing.

(Danielle Panabaker)

Caitlin is a former scientist at Mercury Labs and a bio-engineer at S.T.A.R. Labs. Caitlin is a dedicated member of #TeamFlash and provides medical support for the team.
Caitlin is also the widow of the late Ronnie Raymond. She also becomes the metahuma Killer Frost in Earth-2, and everybody is waiting for them to drop that hammer in E1, but no one knows if it will really ever happen or not.
Caitlin is a good friend to everyone and when Iris saved her from a metahuman, she returned the favor. They are a cute team and I hope they get more scenes together!
While I hate people who want to promote black erasure by claiming Caitlin should be the female lead, I'm not here for people tying to pit them against each other either.
They could have a real solid friendship if the writers put work into it, and I hope that they do! :)

Pictured: Iris and Caitlin being badass friends who have eachother's backs.

(Tom Cavanaugh)

Dr. Harrison Wells is super complicated, so just go read his wiki, because ooooh boy.
E2 Wells recently went back to his universe, but now that Barry Flashpointed the old timeline out of existence, it's possible that E1 Harrison will be alive and kicking.
Also still still possibly loving with that particle accelerator. Or he'll be Thawne again. Who knows! poo poo's complicated, yo.

So in the hope that season 3 will be better paced and written than the last.I hope you enjoyed my gif spam. Let's have fun this time around!

(will be added to as the thread grows)

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

The Missing Link posted:

When should I look forward to watching the first episode of this season on the CW Network?

The Flash is coming back October 4th, at 8:00pm on the CW.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

tsob posted:

With the very top being cut off on that A in Allen I thought for a second it said Barry Hitler.

Well he does kill metahumans extra judicially, and lock them up at his whim... Maybe you're on to something!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Xealot posted:

The Flashpoint timeline is more different than Barry anticipated.

I changed the post to reflect that. I actually though about using replacing those before posting but in the end I thought it fit the theme.

Anyway have some cute non-spoiler pictures from the set this season:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Spergatory posted:

I don't know whose idea it was to make the OP look like it's straight outta 1995 GeoCities, but bless them and bless this thread.

T'was I fam

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

http://tvline.com/2016/09/24/the-flash-spoilers-season-3-candice-patton-iris/

Candice talks about the premiere, cute spoilers!

“You’ll get to see Barry try and woo her in Flashpoint,” the actress previews. “It’s really, really sweet. It reminds me of the pilot.

[She] is very similar to all of the Irises you’ve ever seen, and that’s something that we’re trying to make clear on the show. No matter where Barry goes, what timeline, what Earth, Iris is his constant in the world. She’s always the Iris that he loves.”

Yay!

Here is also a fun interview for your viewing pleasure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4QRTEBGcIo

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 25, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

She needs to have a defined role in the show. Like, they could do a Arrow style season where there's a conspiracy or an organization that Iris could investigate using her journalism skills. Or maybe they could sometimes let Metahumans live, and Iris could work with them in some way

I'm glad people are enjoying my ride or die attitude and Iris West Appreciation station. (I snuck her into almost every gif lmao)

But yeah, there's a wealth of interesting things they could do with her character. I just wish the writers would see and use her potential.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

One thing I've been dying to see on these shows is the introduction of Vic Sage as a muckracking journalist and conspiracy theorist, who moonlights as The Question (although he'd fit better on Arrow, with all the street-level vigilantes showing up), and somehow have him work with Iris on uncovering some big conspiracy.

I was hoping this would happen when they casted that one guy to work at CCPN in s2 but nope.. one date and he ran away faster than Police Brutality Patty™.

The Question would be awesome.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Iris doesn't actually have journalism skills.

She does actually. In the OP I mentioned her feature on domestic abuse victims and she also tracked down the guy running the street races that Wally was mixed up with. There's also a bunch of things I can't remember because I refuse to rewatch s2.

Also I'm going to ask that you don't bring anti-Iris sentiment into my lovely pro-Iris thread. Go back to the Error thread if you want to keep beating that drum.

Thanks in advance! ✌✌✌

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 26, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Flashpoint is very much not a lighthearted story so I... have my concerns. :ohdear:

The quotes from the cast seem to say that they're doing "their own version" of Flashpoint. Which it seems basically boils down to reset button to make things more like s1, but keeping Wally and integrating Supergirl. It's also rumored to only last an episode or two so who tf really knows at this point.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Or Caitlin. She spent most of last season just hanging around in the background with Jay.

Yeah they really need to do better for both women on this show tbh. Caitlin is supposed to be a brilliant scientist with an icy exterior who warms up when she cares about you. Not some starstruck girl who tells people with concussions to take naps.

I still have hope.. idk why.

Here is an advanced review: http://flashtvnews.com/the-flash-season-3-premiere-advance-review-flashpoint/25907

Interesting bits:
Barry Allen has almost everything he wants in this new world… except for one thing: Iris, who doesn’t really know him well in this altered reality, yet seems drawn to him in the same way he is to her. This season premiere might be one of the best uses of Candice Patton’s Iris in the series, giving her ample and deserved screen time as an important part of Barry Allen’s life (or lives). In a world of unreality, Iris seems to offer Barry a dose of reality, and I like that The Flash recognizes that Iris (and Candice) are an integral part of this story.

What else is there to say? Joe West in the Flashpoint world is a shell of the Joe we know; also, there is a surprise guest appearance that I don’t think has been spoiled yet. I hope it is not spoiled because it had me grinning from ear to ear. And, yes, Keiynan Lonsdale’s Wally is Kid Flash and the costume looks really cool – though his frequent blurring is a little distracting. If the mask doesn’t hide his face enough, then maybe he needs a better mask.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm choosing to believe that Barry will undo the new world because he's a bloodthirsty monster he needs Iris to be his "sister" because that is his kink.

Don't do that here. She is not and has never been his sister. He loved her before he even moved in. Joe is basically his father in law not his actual dad. Neither Barry. Iris or Joe have ever considered them siblings jfc.

I think you made a wrong turn and meant to go back to bitching in the Error thread.

This is the Flash Season 3/Iris West appreciation thread.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

The Reddit poo poo has to stop.

Agreed. We need more positivity and cute gifs!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

The dumb topic policing gimmick he's trying to do.

I'm a woman. A black woman. Which you should know by now because I spent a long time in the last thread explaining why Iris is important to women and young girls of color. To you iirc. My "gimmick" as you call it, is pretty harmless and I'm sorry that my defending a black woman character is so threatening to you.

I'm not really attempting to police by asking people to stay positive and on topic. Iirc it's perfectly acceptable for the OP to do this. I think it's a cute thread and it has gotten some positive feedback and been cool til people came in to bitch about Iris/Barry. Which is useless because we all know it's inevitable, so what do you accomplish by complaining?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

I loved how Eddie while initially angry was super cool with it. He was always a good friend to Barry, and Barry would smile and try to get his girl behind his back. Eddie was such a good character, an actual nice guy, not a bully, and just trying to do the right thing whether it was his job or or girl or his friends. They could have taken him a completely different way but I like how they did him, made his sacrifice that more tragic.

Yeah Eddie got shafted hard. He was a genuinely good guy. And Barry was just rooting for their break up hard. Thirsty Barry saying "Did you guys break up!?" was the pinnacle of this for me.

Oh, andd this:

If you want to look back at all the sad Eddie moments: http://poor-eddie.tumblr.com

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

ice cold horchata posted:

nevermind that Arrow killed black canary to have him hook up with a tv created character

I don't see that happening to Iris. The cast really likes Candice whereas there were rumors about Katie being a diva on set, also Candice and Geoff Johns are bffs. She is always posting gifts from him on Instagram. Add to that, Grant said he basically handpicked her to be Iris, because their chemistry was so good.

And the optics would be really, really bad. Which is something I've talked about at length previously and is touched on in some of the links in the OP.

Now let's talk about season 3. I hope Iris gets a good journalism arc and serves up some of this! 💘😍

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 27, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

There was easily chemistry with Earth 2 Iris. But yeah I agree it has more to do with the contrived storytelling (forced love triangles, mopiness about not being together, etc) and viewers negative reactions to that than actual lack of chemistry. I think Patty also got a lot of credit for breaking Barry out of the creepy side of the love triangle, I really didn't see a ton more chemistry there, she was honestly kind of a forgettable character.

I agree with this. When you watch Candice ad Grant in interviews (or the CW promo shorts, such as the one where he calls her his celeb crush) they have really great chemistry. I can only blame the faulty writing. This is also my biggest issue with Iris' character.. there's a treasure trove of interesting things they could do with her (imagine if she kept investigating meta-humans, bringing cases to STAR labs, having Caitlin come up with biological wayd to defeat them and Iris with the psychological because she profiled them, then Cisco with the names.. and also if they kept the hot and heavy rooftop scenes even after she knew his identity) to add dimensions to each character and Barry/iris' relationship as a whole. And I know I'm biased but I never any chemistry with Patty, it seemed like they were trying to make Cop Felicity and it just didn't work. Also she pulled her gun out too much, which doesn't work when you have a way higher black fanbase.

Pictured: Iris and Caitlin working together.. (what could have been or be expanded on..)

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

For me the main issue was the characters themselves going back and forth without it going anywhere. One character thinks they like the other? Time jump, didn't happen. Now the other is ready to love? I need some space. We both of ready? Tragedy that nullifies it.

Just f'ing commit.

This so much! Just pull the trigger already. Most of the good stuff happens after Iris/Barry get together anyway. Give me mixed race Bart. Give me the Tornado Twins (bonus points if played by the kids on Blackish, since I know Grant follows the show & those kids are awesome)

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

lotus circle posted:

Honestly, Joe pulls out his gun plenty of times as well and Eddie was no different. It's just a thing all writers like to script cops doing. People rag on Patty for shooting Harry because she recognized him as a wanted man and thought he had a weapon, but Joe literally shoots at him the moment he sees him, without any warning to the room, and that seems conveniently forgotten in comparison.

The majority black fanbase in #WestAllen, #Blerds, and #DatFlash called her Police Brutality Patty for a reason. If you can't see the difference idk what to tell you. Outside from #WestAllen (which are mostly WoC from all over the world) those are black hashtags, and the highest tracking in the Flash fandom outside of just #TheFlash.

edit: the fanbase for the Flash is COMPLETELY different from Arrow or the other CW shows. I can't find it right now because I don't feel like doing the googling but Kreisberg (or maybe Guggenheim?) reiterated that fans of The Flash watch the Flash, and fans of Arrow do the same. The demographics are very different.

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 28, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

attached: cute gifs for recent pettiness

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 28, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

lotus circle posted:

"Police Brutality?" Really? I'd say the only instance that comes even close was in the 9th episode with Weather Wizard, but the whole point of that dramatically dumb scene was that her and Barry had very similar traumatic pasts, and that violence wasn't the answer. But that was one instance - every other time she pulled it out because there was a dangerous meta-human around (King Shark, the Turtle) or because she found what looked to be a wanted felon. It's not like she's the only cop using her gun on the show.

As for the difference? The difference is that it's okay if Iris has a different romantic interest, but if Barry so much as looks at another woman who isn't Iris then her fans go into a loving outrage and even go as far as harassing Danielle Panabaker and Shantel VanSanten. I'm not even that big a fan of those two, but the levels of hate slung toward those two actresses is appalling.

Two wrongs don't make a right here. You can't act like Iris' fanbase is all perfect and sweet. They can be nasty as hell, and there are plenty of posts online to prove it.

Post the posts then? because I have lots of posts from Danielle's fans calling Candice/Iris a n****. And you're sounding really tone deaf if you think the majority of the black online fanbase from different demos in the black community had a problem with a white woman drawing her gun at every opportunity as shipping. #BlackGirlNerds/@BlackGirlNerds for instance, uses that hashtag and does't even support WestAllen.. (or at least didn the last time I checked.) In fact there's plenty of people who don't like Barry/Iris using that term, so don't blame this on shipping.

In fact here are some receipts of Danielle/Patty fans being racist:

http://postsfromunderthebridge.tumblr.com/post/108932802391/you-know-whats-worst-of-people-who-sending-hate

http://postsfromunderthebridge.tumblr.com/post/112171991906/laughingitofflivingitup-amuzed1

http://postsfromunderthebridge.tumblr.com/post/107459816961/amuzed1-iriswestreports-shines-brass

here is a shot of Danielle fans planning to make fake WA accounts as a "false flag" attack: http://postsfromunderthebridge.tumblr.com/post/105650961956/blackgirlsparadise-postsfromunderthebridge

this is a literal thing Caitlin fans tried to use to "prove" she was the leading lady instead of iris:

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 28, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

lotus circle posted:

Man I'm not even saying Candice doesn't get poo poo? Because she does. But so do the other women. And making GBS threads on women to promote other women is something that affects ALL fandoms. It's just especially unfortunate for Flash, when we only have two major women characters that barely interact with one another and they get pitted against each other CONSTANTLY. Add in a woman that literally appears in like 10 or so episodes as a guest star, and you got even more of a storm.

As for those posts?

Oh and is especially classy:

And that's just a few of what I found. All women actresses/characters on this show get pitted against each other, and that's what gets me riled up.

Mal is not necessarily an Iris fan, unless you can correct me, so you can't blame them for that? Same for random people saying Danielle can't act has nothing to with Iris fans as well? And someone saying the writing for Iris in S1 was "revolting" isn't much worse than any of of us in this thread has been saying soooo??

ooh and wait thete's more:

http://charlotte-charmante.tumblr.com/post/113540826919/there-is-definitely-a-toxic-element-in-the-flash

http://postsfromunderthebridge.tumblr.com/post/107777477726/zapandsparklehope-credits-to-iriswestreports

http://postsfromunderthebridge.tumblr.com/post/109551097516/ajeweltosparkle-shes-out-of-control-the

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 28, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Ville Valo posted:

Can we please have a new thread that talks about Go Fast and King Shark and what songs Music Meister will be singing? Get this poo poo outta my superhero trash tv.

I am a white privileged male give me a superhero show that doesn't involve poc, intersectionality or anything that makes me uncomfortable, please get me away from these conversations I don't like them

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

weird how this thread was perfectly fine and content with good feedback and contrasting opinions until the people bitching about Iris in the arrow thread showed up here.

like literally my goal was to fan a fun thread with positivity, especially for an intregal minority character (because black women get a lot of loving hate, which again, is linked in the OP, check it out for fucks sake: http://www.blackenterprise.com/lifestyle/the-power-of-black-women-in-fandom/) but god forbid someone asks goons not to loving bitch about something

like hey, someone's celebrating a black character, but #allcharactersmatter!

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 28, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Koalas March posted:

weird how this thread was perfectly fine and content with good feedback and contrasting opinions until the people bitching about Iris in the arrow thread showed up here.

like literally my goal was to fan a fun thread with positivity, especially for an intregal minority character (because black women get a lot of loving hate, which again, is linked in the OP, check it out for fucks sake: http://www.blackenterprise.com/lifestyle/the-power-of-black-women-in-fandom/) but god forbid someone asks goons not to loving bitch about something

like hey, someone's celebrating a black character, but #allcharactersmatter!

Quoted because that Iris reign won't let up.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

ElCondemn posted:

Nobody here is saying Iris is ugly, I'm sure on twitter, tumblr and wherever else you regularly visit people hate her because they're racist or sexist etc.

But from a purely story perspective her character is pretty boring. Can they make her a super hero or something and make her interesting at least? Or do we have to live with lovely storylines about a love interest who impacts the story in no meaningful way.

Whatever, it's got to have that boring teen drama otherwise it wouldn't be a WB show.

People here saying Iris is ugly is unimportant. What's importance is that little girl who said that not realizing she could be beautiful in America until she saw Iris on The Flash. Did you not check any of my links?

Believe it or not when people say "idk, I just don't like her" and poo poo like that it's kind of a dog whistle. Again it's explained in the article I linked. I won't say it's always that way, like I agree Iris as a super hero would be great! I agree she should be more than just a love interest! but.. I've also delved deep into the racism with certain posters here for months and while some have legit criticism, which I respond to with either agreement or at least respect and cute gifs, certain posters have been posted semi coded poo poo for months and just keep on going.

Like there's 2 posters in particular who just refuse to see the other side of anything, who don't accept her importance, who won't acknowledge what this casting means to WoC, especially black women. Even though I've explained it to them. Even though I have no problem with them criticising her storylines
It's like. Ok you think the "incest" thing is weird but when they retcon that completely you still hate it because??? That pings my racism radar. And whites accusing me of being too sensitive is so loving ridiculous. Because yeah, I'm sensitive, I grew up in a white supremacist society.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Check out @oh_JodieBaby's Tweet: https://twitter.com/oh_JodieBaby/status/593252960349466624?s=09

http://www.upworthy.com/6-words-from-a-5-year-old-girl-show-exactly-why-diversity-matters-in-hollywood

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Good job! You all showed that little girl begging for representation who's boss!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

i'm done arguing. This is a fun space. Construtive criticism is allowed, but don't use coded language and don't mock a little girl desperate for representation. Also read this loving article from Black Enterprise.

back to happy gif stuff!

When asked about Barry and Iris finally getting togther:

Let's get back on topic!

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 28, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Oh god can this show start already so this can end

#PoorEddie

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

computer parts posted:

Nah it's fairly common to have stable relationships. For two examples, Bones and Castle both had long lasting relationships with their main characters (albeit with quite a bit of "will-they-won't-they" too).

I feel like that's the exception to the rule though? I mean consider, Scully/Mulder; Anybody/Anyone on ER; Abbie/Ichabod; Stabler/Benson, Rosewood/Villa, Olivia/Jake.. even Meredith Grey and Derek Shepherd and that's just off the top of my head. I feel like if I dug harder there'd be way more unresolved will-they-wont-they relationships.. but I'm kinda tipsy..and I feel like I demonstrated that I'm fine with constructive criticism of Iris (go check the last few pages).

So again, I'm cool with construction criticism, but if you say that something sounds kinda racist, I will call it out. And I don't think it's a coincidence that the problems arose with people who basically subtweeted in the Error thread, and who I already tried to explain the importance of Iris' character before. If you have a problem with the writing of Iris as she is now, that is not a problem. But if you can't be cool with Iris unless she dies/disappears, if there's literally no writing that will redeem her and you want her to be replaced, there's probably, (again probably not 100% completeley, although if you're if you're fighting it this much..) you might need to reexamine your bias against black women in mainstream american media.
, (probably not
Cute Candice gifs!!

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 28, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Knock this poo poo off.

Nope!

BrianWilly posted:

People in this forum have had a legit bizarre hangup about Iris since forever. Of all the multitudes of conceptual, narrative, character-related problems, for some reason Iris just keeps on getting spotlighted as the foremost issue the writers ought to fix? Caitlin's writing was at least as precarious as Iris' last year -- more, in my opinion -- but for some reason no one's pinning the downfall of the show on Caitlin. (Not that they should)

I've already mentioned at length that constructive criticism is welcome. I've even taken part in it. It's almost like there's something about her they don't like but they can't quite put their finger on...

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Whizbang posted:

Lots of people browse the forums on mobile, don't be an rear end in a top hat.

I live at the poverty level and my mobile plan is basically nothing. It loads fine on my mobile and don't act like you claiming there's a problem loading gifs on phones that has anything to do with the person who told me to stop.

Like if there was a problem someone would've told me at near the OP, not 4 pages later when coincidentally, the incest fetishists and racists mocking black children come out to play.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Wait, are we allowed to dismiss mods in the TVIV now?

Also, Koalas March, am I a racist if I think Iris and Caitlyn are, more often than not, poorly used on the show? Am I a sexist if I say I think Iris needs her own subplot and/or villain? Is thinking that Caitlin should become Killer Frost (but heroic like Barry "the Fastest Murderer Alive" Allan) mean I want to make America great again?
[/quote]

literally if you read the OP or any of my other posts, you'd know that I like Caitlin a lot, and whether she becomes Killer Frost or not, I want her to have good storylines as well. A black character having good storylines does not mean that a white one can't have good storylines as well.

Read the OP, people. I like Caitlin, I like criticism, I don't like coded racial language, people mocking black children for finally feeling accepted.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

RE: a mod, I guess? I'm on my laptop and don't see a star here or on mobile? I can post a screenshot as proof if need be??

edit: oh it's muscles like this, not whizbang, I read poo poo wrongl.

irregardless, gif parties are a big part of the theme of the thread? I can make a subject warning I guess? Are high gif posts not allowed in TVIV or what?

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 28, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

toggle the thing where pics don't automatically load

too late you're toast

Let them go for it. I admitted my mistake and my biggest crime was posting in defense of a character that's the target of a poo poo ton of racist and sexist bullshit here?

And again, the thread had positive feedback until today when some rando's from the Arrow thread came here and starting bitching up a storm and mocking a black child for identifying with a character they hate.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Please quote what was racist in this thread.

And yeah. Don't auto load images because it will kill your mobile plan ASAP.

In response to a black child being proud of seeing a beautiful woman with her skin tone on The Flash.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

I legit appreciate Koalas March a lot for bringing up representation issues since it is important and has increased my appreciation of Iris. I didn't hate Iris before aside from wanting her to do more but after reading some of KM's posts in this and last thread I am now rooting for Iris/Candace.

Hey, I don't have PMs, but since you seem interested, I thought you might like to check out this (relevant) thread.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

not true, the earth 2 episode had joe as a jazz singer making it objectively superior to flashpoint

Everything about E2 was awesome. Especially kick rear end cop Iris. Imagine if they actually wrote her that way in the rest of the show, only her occupation was different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Did...did Barry and Iris just have a mature conversation about their relationship??

They've been perfectly capable, many hints have been shown. Unfortunately the writers basically refused to do so.

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 26, 2016

• Locked thread