Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Scyantific posted:

Ok this actually looks better than what we got on screen. https://www.instagram.com/p/BLRk3Ckh8fj/

I'm guessing the response was along the lined of "That looks great, but we have a CW budget, not Marvel."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Also I am glad new meta CSI guy can see what a monster Barry is.

"You know why I don't like you don't you?" "Because I'm a protagonist and you're a Slytherin?"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Draco turns out to be a stand-up guy, and Alchemy is played by Daniel Radcliffe.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Dr Alchemy isn't a speedster.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I assume Barry's still in the mirror, alt-Barry is from HR's world and something's gonna go down.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"Isn't it amazing? We thought ancient Japanese architecture was completely different, but it looks just like an abandoned warehouse in Star City."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Huh, I was sure that the end sting would be Frostmom burying the assistant while complaining he ruined their chance at exploiting Caitlin.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

"Yeah I come from a rich family of assholes and I have a big problem with dark haired protagonists who seem beyond the rules and have a lightning bolt symbol somewhere on them" was so hilariously on the nose

I donno if the writers did it by accident, but I definitely think Felton was going for alt-universe Draco during that speech.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The talent's there, when it happens we'll see if they manage to use it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Also I would like it very much if the reason Caitlyn's going psycho is because of the heat vampire thing and they STAR Labs up a solution.

:ohdear: I'm concerned I'm turning into a serial killer
:haw: No sweat, here, strap on this portable thermonuclear heat source
:) Oh cool, can I go out crimefighting with Barry later
:haw: Yup!
:neckbeard:

She just needs a nice sweater.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

prediction: when she snaps HR will try to name her Captain Cold.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

RottenK posted:

did the storyline in which noted maniac barry allen temporally genocided his universe to save his mom in a new timeline pay off

He tried to undo it and made things worse. Now he's got Draco Malfoy nosing around and acting pissy, the Flashpoint timeline is bleeding into this one because he futzed around with the timeline so much Flashdad had to give him a timeout, and Harry was replaced by another Wells who wears a fedora.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Do we get a Flash tonight or does it die to election speculation "news"?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

It seems more complicated than Julian=Evil. He seemed genuinely scared and unwilling.

So he's Malfoy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

At least until last week's episode, where everybody hit their emotional rock bottom for various reasons at the same time.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Kara's gonna fix that gloomy mess reeeeal fast, don't worry :buddy:

I'm thinking she returns Barry's favor and gets them all ice cream.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

I'm also wondering how/when they will add drama to Wally's new superpowers. I hope they don't go with the "overeager newbie speedster gets himself in trouble!" because that would be a literal rehash of what Jesse went through.

I assume he'll need regular doses of Speed Potion No. 9 to stay sane.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

When Oliver's the one saying to stop moping and get some perspective, you know things are bad.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Surprised Cisco didn't mention it since he was trying to smash on hawkgirl.

Also, how in the hell did this episode start with a Vigilante cameo and end with loving Wild Dog in the preview for Arrow? What's going on over on that show and can we expect more awesomely obscure DC characters?

He's got a team of trainee vigilantes. Wild Dog, Artemis, Mr Terrific and Rag Man. It's a fun game of "odd one out" since three of them are normal people (well, normal for vigilantes) and Rag Man is protected by a cloak infused with the spirits of everyone else in his hometown that got nuked.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

OB_Juan posted:

Wasn't it magical before that?

I think it was. I assumed that it was protective but the nuke/death made it go all wiggly wobbly, but I don't think there's anything in the show to back that up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ElCondemn posted:

I just think the concept is funny. The writers could have made the episode about heroes escaping from an alien ship, instead they decide the most exciting thing they can do is put all their heroes in a soap opera simulator.

It was also the 100th Arrow episode, so they wanted the chance to bring everyone back for guest bits.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Did anyone else laugh out loud when Ray said, of Kara,

"She kinda looks like my cousin... "

Just me, then?

Just me.

Pretty much everyone.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Aquasnake posted:

I missed the beginning when I opened this tab, so I though it was just looping, and then it stopped. Oh my god.

I think they missed out on a chance to continue the rotation at the end to have Slade appear in the background. Instead it just cuts to him.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Time-reversed Wells, says everything backwards.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bozart posted:

Also you would think the EPA would be crawling up their rear end trying to figure out how much poo poo they released into the environment when the lab blew up, and then turning it into a superfund site after suing them into the ground.

Some poor guy working on the various Willamette contamination sites comes home after a long day, turns on the TV to see that thing go up, drops his pager in the toilet and never looks back.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Senerio posted:

Still the best television musical number of 2016:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyap39SVuFU
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhzN7SfnNeY

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I want to assume HR's earth is just like ours but he loves messing with people.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Are they playing against the Washington Generals?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

8one6 posted:

Earth 2 Africa looks remarkably like a forest in Vancouver.

Must not be global warming there.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

They put a lot of time into that full-rotate shot just after Solovar bashed Flash. Was that a comic cover reference, or did some graphic designer fall in love with their work and put their foot down?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The final answer to the Flash v Supergirl race: push one of Barry's family off a tall building. Supergirl will get there just in time, Flash will get there just too late.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"Getting a little slow in your Golden Age there Garrick!" Nice one Snart.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think I missed something, why does their have to be a speedster trapped in the Speed Force? And why is the Speed Force hell?

Future-Barry built a prison inside the speedforce, engineering it so that, in order to keep the speedster imprisoned, everything would collapse if they escaped. No clue if the prison being hell is intentional or a side effect.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I just spent a long weekend with my parents and then drove for about 4 hours. Is it safe to assume that my decompression time does not need to include watching yesterday's Supergirl to be ready for tonight?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tree Dude posted:

Similar to the Supergirl portion of the crossover earlier in the year there was about 45 seconds at the end leading into tonight's episode. Music Man zaps in, mesmerizes Kara somehow, opens a portal and jumps away. Kara wakes up to someone shoving her on a stage to sing. She walks up to a mic. To be continued on Flash. Cut to credits.

Figured that, just wanted to check. Thanks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

lotus circle posted:

Gotta say wasn't a big fan of this episode. For a hyped "musical" I think there were only a total of 4 songs. And I would have liked the Barry-Iris serenade at the end more if it wasn't for the two episodes of melodrama that preceded it.

Moon River, Put a Little Love in Your Heart, *30 minutes dead air*...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

So w/r/t that future headline "Music Meister gets six figure book deal", I guess the operative question now is "what does god need with a book deal?" :confused:

Did you see last season of Supernatural?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Longbaugh01 posted:

Yeah...I'm not one of those people to to instantly jump up and say a dude was being creepy or overbearing just because it's all the rage these days, but there was one scene in particular where I was cringing.

The one where he's trying to invite himself back to her place ignoring that he'd be killed the moment he showed up in that dimension?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Vietnamwees posted:

Can someone explain exactly HOW Barry figured out that 2024 was the right year to go to? Do we just have to assume that Barry figured it out by doing all those crazy calculations in that notebook of his?

I'm pretty sure the calculations were about how Barry could flash-forwards to the right time, and he wrote 2024 because he figured out where he wanted to aim for. Aim for a short time before the "Flash Vanishes in Crisis" headline, and you get there after Savitar was trapped but while Barry's still around to ask.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Phenotype posted:

So, take the date on the headline from the future newspaper, subtract 6 months or a year, and go there. I just figured it out using way less math.

That's what he did. The equations on the side are "how do I land at 2024 and not 50 years later".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Longbaugh01 posted:

I know teamcharlie said don't assume the writers are geniuses, but I still don't think they'd make it Zoom. I think they have enough self-awareness to want to distance themselves from last season, and in fact have already said things to this effect at panels etc.

That was my only point really, not any of the ways Zoom's fate could be handwaved away.

Yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one that was bothered by this. Barry said "8 years" specifically at least a few times, and I kept trying to make sense of it to no avail. Am I missing something, or did they really just gently caress that up?

Did they film the episode in 2016?

• Locked thread