Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

ruddiger posted:

That was the first thing I said to my roommate when Barry asked Iris again too.

It isn't 1957.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Longbaugh01 posted:

Yeah but what if we gently caress up like Barry and when we get back it's even worse and everyone is posting like that, Cisco now has a sister who looks just like Gypsy and they're dating, and Digg's child is now a hermaphrodite?

Cisco having the hots for the girl version of himself from another universe is weird enough. And nobody in the show points it out.
"Yo, dude. that's like having the hots for yourself."
So, he could play it off, "Well, I am a handsome man."
At least acknowledge it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
emo barry

can't wait.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Maybe they will finally explain why Killer Frost's powers come with dissociative identity disorder and make Caitlyn turn evil. Since it's dumb and makes no sense.

Bozart posted:

If he has a super metabolism then does he have to poop a lot? Will we find out this episode?

The super suit is also a stillsuit.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Guy A. Person posted:

I actually really liked Hot Topic hair Barry, mostly because in my head they were lampshading his mopiness the past few seasons by dialing it to 11. "This is what will happen if you keep acting like this".

We can dream...

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Invalid Validation posted:

Has any of the D.C. shows had main female villains. I can't think of any.

Does Iris qualify? At least for this season as she has become an plot object, Chekhov's gun and not a person at all.

They need to cross over with Legends of Tomorrow so that Iris is killed by a Viking Dinosaur riding a smaller dinosaur on a motorcycle with Rip's future revolver.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Iris had more character development in this one episode than she has had for the rest of this season.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

ChristopherRobin posted:

Kind of late, but I'm really interested in if Savitar started acting just like Bart when he lost his memory because by all accounts he should have.

All we got was him grabbing KF's throat when he first lost his memory, but I wanted to see MORE. I guess it would've taken away from his menace if we saw him acting happy go lucky like Bart, but it could've been a really good humanizing moment.

I was hoping for the same thing. "Why am I in the scary armor? It looks like an action figure or something. And that voice changing thing? Who does that?"

Edit: I want a time remnant Bart to join the Legends of Tomorrow.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Bring back Gorilla Grodd. Have him work from the shadows using human agents he has telepathically dominated (but isn't directly controlling, so they don't have to talk like gruff idiots). Hell, he could be working from captivity at ARGUS, having surreptitiously turned some of the staff using mind control. It'd be a great "anyone can be the enemy" theme, forcing the team to both be more honest with each other and more paranoid.
Maybe he could be a bit more subtle than nuking everything this time around.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Wheat Loaf posted:

What do folks who didn't enjoy this season so much (I honestly didn't see enough of it) think Flash should do for season four to improve?

Stop moping-the-gently caress around. Barry Allen is the fastest man alive. That is loving awesome and he should be having a great time not wallowing in guilt and self-doubt and whatever-the-gently caress they have been doing. If I want to see that, I watch Arrow.

Edit: more Bart, less Barry.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bentacos posted:

Leave Barry in the speedforce for the majority of the season. Wally is the new Flash. Iris gets something to do besides pine over Barry. Harry is a dick to everybody. No speedster as the big bad. No time travel.

Oh yeah. Wally is still in the "the superpowers are great" phase. Just let him star and Barry can still be a whiny bitch when he gets back mid-season.
Also, Iris and Julian hook up since they are both in rebound.

Edit: I'd really like to believe they were lampshading how depressing the show is with future emo Barry, time remnant evil Barry, and Bart. Maybe they have learned their lesson and he'll be content and grounded when he gets out of the speedforce. Even the musical episode made fun of the show.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 30, 2017

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

McDragon posted:

OH, and why were some of them wearing sunglasses at HR's funeral? I did not get that at all and I'm sure I missed something.

To hide their red, crying eyes.

HR was the heart of the team.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Guy A. Person posted:

But they still explicitly said that one of the big bads would be a speedster, they just implied that Alchemy would be the "other" big bad and not a red herring that got sidelined after the reveal of the real big bad.

So far all we have to go on is that quote where they said it wouldn't be a speedster and the Devoe hints. They could still be lying or whatever, and Devoe might not even be the big bad, but it's not like people are just being overly gullible/optimistic or whatever.

thebardyspoon posted:

I'm hoping the Thinker will be something like the Master Planner arc from Spectacular Spider Man. From the start of the season make it obvious that the villains of the week are suddenly a lot more organised and prepared, when the Flash busts them they get broken out pretty quickly and it's clear that someone is corralling them all behind the scenes with some ultimate scheme in mind. Maybe go some way to making the Rogues from the comics actually a thing, even if they can't use Cold or Heat Wave.

You mean like what Zoom did?

Edit: as False Jay and sending villain after villain to make Flash faster, etc. Etc.

Edit2: At least we got King Shark.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 1, 2017

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

thebardyspoon posted:

Well no, they'd be doing it to try and make money or assemble a machine (or the classic, send a costumed freak to rob a place that'll attract the flash while you have a couple goons rob the real thing on the other side of town). Definitely no "I need to make the Flash a better hero" or whatever, my ideal season 4 Flash villain wouldn't really be obsessed with the Flash, maybe he just sees him as an obstacle that you need to plan around.

I just meant in a "my random villain of the week is part of a master plan" not necessarily to force Flash to get faster.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Klungar posted:

I believe she blew up on Lian Yu with everyone else.

I guess I need to watch the last four episodes of Arrow.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Tree Dude posted:

Hopefully it's a longer jump than that. I want everyone to be more or less moved on with their lives and hardly thinking about Barry.

It won't be though unless they do a jump on every cw supershow because crossovers.

I saw an article saying that Iris would be taking a leadership role on Team Flash. At least it would give her something other to do than "be Barry's plot motivation."

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Grem posted:

I'm concerned about Barry locking up Thawne during Flashpoint. Barry says he's been in that timeline for MONTHS! Thawne was in a loving cage, not even STAR Labs Brig, just a loving cage. But I guess Barry being a monster is kind of passe by now.

How did Thawne poop? Or take a shower? Or brush his teeth?

Like, his cage should have been a miasma of stink and filth.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Guy A. Person posted:

I liked him but at the same time the core cast is getting so big that they could stand to cut someone.

They need at least three Tom Cavanaugh's on the cast.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Would have been better if Alchemy had just been the villain of season three overall. Wasn't terribly keen on Savitar.

Even after the fact, Alchemy makes no sense. He never made sense to me. Nothing about that aspect of the plot made sense.

Why did future emo Barry-remnant want to give people the powers they had in Flashpoint?
How was he able to do that? Like, that's a pretty amazing power, being able to bestow abilities on others.
What was the point of Alchemy? Was his job literally just to help people get the powers they had in an alternate timeline? Why? Who came up with this plan? Julian had the magic rock. All Savitar needed was someone to throw it into the speedforce. Savitar knew Barry Allen worked in the same office as the guy who had the magic rock. Wasn't there an easier way to get Barry to throw this rock into the speedforce? Barry's an idiot so a few lies about where it came from and he'd be hurling it like a champ, four or five episodes max.

Edit 2: figured it out. Time remnant Barry is also an idiot.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 26, 2017

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

McSpanky posted:

*gaping inhale*

CALCIFIED SPEED FORCE!!

I just realized. Speedforce passed a kidney stone. I bet that hurt.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thawne again, only he doesn't know everyone already knows because of time, and it's played for comedy.

Tons of jokes using "you might say, it's the reverse" just to gently caress with him.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

I recently discovered that if you make a single negative comment about a non-white actor it makes you a racist.

Racism is about how other people perceive you and not how you identify.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Cisco is better with tramps and thieves

Good lord, thanks for the ear worm...

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Xelkelvos posted:

I forget what type of Engineer Cisco is, though; Mechanical like Ronnie maybe?

Fictional, so he can do literally every technical thing that requires technobabble.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

Well for one thing, they hyped up that ultimate confrontation between Peter and Sylar and then it was behind a closed goddamned door.

"Wow did you hear that epic battle using incredible super powers on the other side of that door?"

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Wheat Loaf posted:

No, that was in the middle of the season where Hiro goes to the future and Sylar has disguised himself as Nathan and become president. The final fight at the end of season one was Ali Larter hitting Sylar with a parking meter followed by Peter punching him a couple of times before he started to turn into a nuclear bomb, then Hiro teleported in and stabbed him.

I thought it was Peter heroically grabbing Sylar and flying up really high so they blew up in the air instead of on the ground? I honestly haven't watched it since it originally aired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Koalas March posted:

"Use your natural athleticism!"

He did play football before the particle accelerator explosion. But that's hardly "natural". And wasn't that said by grand-pa Stein, anyway? I can't remember.

• Locked thread