Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

AbstractNapper posted:

Is Wells' annoying "...not!" supposed to be a side-effect to his character due to the Flashpoint events?

No, they actually pointed out that Harry and Jesse (and everyone not in Earth-1 really) was unaffected by the timeline change. They didn't remember the speed room either, because the last time they saw everyone it was the original timeline (or as close to 'original timeline' as you'll get on this series).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Xealot posted:

Shouldn't Barry be rapidly forgetting old poo poo and recalling new poo poo? The main dilemma 2 episodes ago was about how Flashpoint time fuckery was eroding his original memories and replacing them with Flashpoint ones. He should probably be remembering the speed room and forgetting...I don't know, King Shark or something?

DCTV has the least consistent time travel rules in fiction. That's a real accomplishment.

I assume it's just due to Flashpoint being a really dramatic change compared to the new timeline with its relatively minimal changes. Just think of the time rules as being sort of variable based on the situation, like a person's memories. Legends pretty much said outright that little changes are OK - not great, but cosmic balance stays.

greatn posted:

But it touched his time on earth 1.

No, it didn't. Harry was saying that, like Barry, they had never seen the Speed Room - he and Jesse remember the pre-Flashpoint Earth-1 due to being in another universe when it happened and are thus unaffected.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 19, 2016

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

Where did Barry take Iris on their date, and subsequently leave her?

I thought it was a pretty good episode, but I like Wells and Jessie a lot. Although it sucked that Jessie was given her costume, but didn't get to wear it. Next week, I guess. Are they sticking around for a while?

Here she is, I'll spoiler it just in case:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Caedus posted:

Not going to lie, at this point I'm just watching to see how far Tom can stretch this role. Harrisons Wellses for seasons and seasons.

Pleasant Minnesotan Wells.

Wells Fargo

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

He's basically a gun-toting David Caruso style CSI now.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

In that particular scene I thought he looked more like a young Jerome Flynn.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Oliver's probably floating them money under the table. And Ray probably bequeathed them his fortune as a slush fund too on account of him being "dead" to the rest of the world. :v:

Comedy option: Cisco is actually still Flashpoint rich, he's just hiding it from everyone :homebrew:

Or he secretly went to Alchemy. Money IS the ultimate superpower...

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rhyno posted:

My dislike of Wally/Keiynan doesn't have a goddamned thing to do with his race.

It's rooted in my deep hatred of Australians.

Heh, 'rooted'.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Zebulon posted:

Yep, he has a daughter he's literally never met and he is shook as gently caress about it.

Funny how this matches perfectly to both Stein and Diggle. They need to bond.

Actually now that I think about it, that buddy pairing may have more unused potential than any other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Maybe it was and a government just intercepted the rockets.

Or perhaps both pods got stuck in the Phantom Zone this time, and will need to be rescued by the Legends so Team Flash can take them in and raise them.

• Locked thread