Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Grant's face is killing me. Where's the video of that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TueDxwTYac&t=1339s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

You'd be shocked at how dumb engineers are. Ingenious ones even more so

High INT, low WIS.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Every character on this show has been annoying except for Cisco, who is a perfect angel that we don't deserve.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

McSpanky posted:

Hah, really? They should've just gone with it.

That's what I said. If you watch clips of the guy acting with his native accent, he's actually really charismatic and charming, aka everything this version of Wally West should be. The forced American accent is crippling him-- just do a Negative Time Sphincter Prolapse or something that changes history so his mom raised him in Australia before moving back to Central City to kick the bucket. Presto, problem solved.

I don't know why American accents so hard for some people. Bob Morley on the 100 seems okay with it, though he occasionally slips up (any time he says the word 'our,' he might as well turn into a koala for a second). KJ Apa is from New Zealand, and he can just loving do it. Haven't heard him go kiwi yet. I know it's not the same accent, but come on, it's close enough.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
All this :flashfact:SPEEDMATH:flashfact: is the reason why back before the show was out, I was hoping they would sort of take the 'Arrow' route and ground his powers just a little. Don't make him a normal human with super reflexes or anything, but set clear limits on his speed and adhere to them in some way. Make him fast, but not stupid-fast, where he can obviously run and react way faster than a normal human but you can still get the drop on him. Or maybe make it so he can only use his speed in short bursts or something. They way they did it is fun, and all, and ironically probably lighter on the effects budget given that often all they have to do is animate a lightning-blur and use an air machine to simulate his speed. But it gives us the present problem where Barry has the powers of a god and the mind of a six-year-old (and not a particularly bright one).

• Locked thread