Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Wheat Loaf posted:

I remember that one interview Kreisberg (?) did late in season two after the Zoom reveal where he talked about how terrible the betrayal was for Barry, discovering that Jay, who he'd thought of as a friend and mentor, was actually evil. And the reaction to it was, you didn't see any of that on screen; Jay was never really much of a mentor at all. But based on that interview, the guys writing the show seemed to think they'd done that and that it should be clear to the audience at home. :shrug:
Yeah I remember that too and it was absolutely bullshit. Jay and Barry barely had any one-on-one interactions with each other after the first couple episodes. Harry was more a mentor frankly, which makes sense since Barry wants a Harrison Wells that isn't a murderer and overall life ruiner.

Most of Jay's scenes were with Caitlin in fact, so her feeling betrayed is far more justified. They really did a disservice to Teddy Sears by not giving him a full-time contract. Having your villain be a guest-star with limited episodes doesn't work if you also want to cultivate that inner-connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Eobard also died at the end of Flash Season 1 and look how that turned out.

I'm sure they'll bring him back again for a cameo or two. He's still by far one of the best villains they have period. Plus Eobard is one of those characters who has a habit of being killed off and coming back to life very frequently in the comics. It's just his shtick now.

Arrow Season 6 spoilers in the bar: And if they can even find a way to bring Deathstroke back as a recurring villain, anything is possible.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Invalid Validation posted:

What did he ever do that was villainous? Huh?!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

FactsAreUseless posted:

Remember at the end of Season 1 where it was like "gee, why does Thawne really hate Barry so much?" and they left it as a mystery?
I would personally love for an episode or two giving us Thawne's backstory for this universe. We know he was definitely a flash fanboy gone wrong. I don't know why the show doesn't want to use their strongest villain* more often.

(*this is not including snart, who went off to legends and got killed)

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

nine-gear crow posted:

Caitlyn last year: "I'm not Caitlyn Snow anymore. I need to figure out who I am." / Caitlyn this year: "Apparently I'm actually Caitlyn Snow. Hi guys! I'm back now!"
This is by far the most grating thing to me. What was even the point of hinting a status quo change for her if they revert her right back appearance wise + have her return to the team within a few months?

jwalrus posted:

I'm hoping that they do the "Return of Barry Allen" storyline, complete with Max and Jay backing up Wally. It's one of my favorites from that era, and this is a pretty good setup for it. Notice they never showed Barry's face. Doesn't have to be Thawne, either; could be a parallel universe evil version of Barry, or some other handwave. I want Max to show up and be Wally's Yoda.

Personally I'd love to see a younger Thawne show up, wearing a Flash suit and going through a period of being the hero.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
So clearly, just get Rachel Bloom to pen the songs and direct it. I'd be down with this.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I'm pretty sure the cast is half as confused as we are at the show. They're not acting like they don't know anything on camera.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
The Flash Season 4 - "Girl, let it go"

Any new thread without this title should be deleted mods, remember this.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Invalid Validation posted:

Or just have Thawne show up trying to be Barry's friend and Barry's hate for Thawne slowly ruins his life. The Reverse Flash origin.
I'd love for this storyline to show up. I think the producers keep forgetting Thawne is literally the best villain they have, now that they killed off Cold and shuffled him over to LOT for any foreseeable appearances.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Finally we're getting some goddamn gold on that poo poo.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Agreed with Senerio, but also I think keeping things at a smaller scale also helped out a lot with the writing. There were no world-ending speedster threats, or overuse of time travel, you only had half the main cast at STAR Labs consistently so it felt more tight-knit. No one constantly kept important secrets from one another, promising never to do it, and then doing it again five minutes later. And also having a well written villain, with complexity and a real connection to the cast that made the payoff of his reveal actually good, definitely helped.

If nothing else I'm excited for season 4 because The Thinker will present a new challenge.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Ok can I just say I love how this poster looks? They should really do more drawn poo poo like this considering how many talented artists DC has on their books. Seems like they're tying it into a WestAllen wedding, which makes it even more Silver Agey.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Anyone gonna make a new thread for this? I can toss one up.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Will do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
GET IN LOSERS