Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Dadcop owns, Jessie Quick owns, Killer Frost Caitlyn owns, Wally is dumb and is going to get Alchemy'd, Iris/Barry finally owns

Also I love that Flashpoint has given the writers excuses to just drop things in whenever they feel like it and have everyone go "The gently caress, Barry? What do you mean it wasn't in this timeline before?" :allears:

I'm still impressed that I went from hating Iris in the first season because she was a useless dramaball that was locked out of all the cool stuff to considering her one of my favorite characters on the show after Joe, Wells, and Cisco. I really like how she's developed the same kind of "yep, this poo poo is clearly happening" style that Joe has.

Like father, like daughter :allears:

E: Like, after watching the blooper reels for the first two seasons, it's really clear how much fun everyone on his show is having just loving around in a comic book world and how much they all like working with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Goddammit, Barry.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Plus the Jay Garrick Flash uniform is a lot more flattering to him than that flabby garbage he had the wear the first time around.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy A. Person posted:

So here is some behind the scenes stuff and footage from tonight's episode:

https://twitter.com/CW_TheFlash/status/790946049250603009

My favorite part: the team's solution to not having Harrison Wells around all the time they are apparently going to audition other HWs from the multiverse

If this culminates in Tom Cavanagh being a royal dick to an infinite stream of other Tom Cavanaghs, the sign me the gently caress up :flashfap:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God, I hope Weirdo Wells doesn't turn out to be evil. I'll also Nth the disappointment that they didn't pick drunken cowboy Wells.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hollismason posted:

Could that Wells be from Supergirl's Earth? That would be really interesting. I think though they said he was from Earth 19.

Barry explicitly says that Kara'a Earth doesn't have a Wells (or a Caitlyn or a Cisco) when he visits in "World's Finest". Though there's always the possibility of a retcon. Who knows.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Daric posted:

Pretty sure he was busy filming the new prison break season

He also negotiated the same kind of uber-contract that John Barrowman did to allow him to show up on any Arrowverse show whenever he's free to. He's going to be a part of Legends' Legion of Doom along with Eobard, Darhk, and Merlyn, so it's not like he's not going to showing up at all this year.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Dominic Purcell hasn't missed any time on Legends so I doubt the filming overlapped.

They said they were budgeting their time to allow both Purcell and Miller to film Prison Break and then do Legends at their leisure. From the sound of it, Prison Break filmed over the spring and summer this year, whereas Legends is still in production right now. Because it's not just Purcell and Miller that they need to work around, they also have to work around Sarah Wayne Callies being on Colony too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

Wally and Jesse had a moment that was completely adorable. this season has been really good, a return to form just like Arrow

All four shows really are firing on all cylinders now. I am psyched as hell for that 4-way crossover.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ElCondemn posted:

At least it's not a lame back story!

Also I'm digging Draco more this episode, when he was telling his story I half expected him to describe leaving england and magic behind to embrace science.

They really need to bring on Jason Isaacs for a guest spot as Julian's father just so that him and Tom Felton can recreate that oppressive Lucius/Draco vibe. Though this makes me wonder where they're going with Julian now. If he is Dr. Alchemy then rant about Metas getting powers and squandering them has some interesting connotations, seeing as how all the people Alchemy has given powers to so far have kind of turned out to be fuckups who've wasted them...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

They're gonna be bros, this show is all about bros and I love it.

Is there seriously gonna be a musical episode? :suicide: I'll be taking a hard pass on that one.

On Supergirl, yes. Barry's just going to be involved in it because it's also crossover musical episode :eng101:

E: apparently it's going to be on both Flash and Supergirl.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 2, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

The talent's there, when it happens we'll see if they manage to use it.

Indeed. Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin are both Glee survivors, Jesse Martin's a Broadway star (plus we saw Singing Joe last year), and Carlos Valdes is also a singer away from Flash. So yeah, the talent's all lined up. Hopefully if it's not good it'll at least be fun.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nameless Pete posted:

They asked for Woz Wells. They got Jobs Wells.

That's exactly who I was thinking of too. HR is the hip, charismatic and attractive guy who stands on stage and unveils the product and rattles off talking points about it and gets people excited and appears on magazine covers. Harry is the guy who actually builds the drat thing and loving hates HR for being such a tool while showing off the thing he built.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

pee out my butt posted:

It's probably Earth-19 black guy they tried to make Firestorm but made evil instead.

Yeah, that was definitely one of the lowlights of last season. They hosed up that dude's life so hard for no reason and then just sort of walked away whistling ignorantly when it was all over.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I know I just said that there's nothing to base our guesses on, but the way HR put so much emphasis on being the "face" of the operation genuinely makes me think his partner isn't human. So yeah, I'm guessing Grodd.

Maybe HR's Earth is the one where everyone is actually a good guy so instead of Grodd, he's basically Winston from Overwatch.

E: Plus it makes his nickname very pertinent if his partner is non human. Because that means HR is a literal human resource for his nebulous partner.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 4, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Oliver's probably floating them money under the table. And Ray probably bequeathed them his fortune as a slush fund too on account of him being "dead" to the rest of the world. :v:

Comedy option: Cisco is actually still Flashpoint rich, he's just hiding it from everyone :homebrew:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zebulon posted:

Yep. Thawne confessed to the murders and left everything to Barry just to prove that getting everything he wanted in life would still not be enough to make him happy.

I feel at this point, you could basically go "Eobard did [THING HERE]. What a dick!" and it would be 100% appropriate in every circumstance.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pyroi posted:

Iris is great

I love that her super power has basically become not giving a solid gently caress. :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gluten Freeman posted:

Mostly he's got a bit of a weird tone in his voice due to being Australian -- I think most of the Aussie CW actors share the same vocal coach, and they end up sounding a bit samey. It's a bit of a deep, grumbly tone. Maybe I only recognise it because I'm Australian, I dunno.

Huh. Well, I never would have guessed he was actually Australian, so there you go. The guy's perfectly fine for a network TV actor on a hokey genre show. I don't know what everyone's getting all agitated about.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Did Alchemy get a promotion this episode? Or did I just not notice them calling him a doctor before or explaining why?

Cisco and Wells nickname him Doctor Alchemy in like the second or third episode. They've been awfully spotty with it since then, usually just calling him Alchemy because "Doctor Alchemy" is kind of a silly name, even if it's what he's called in the comics.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

The horror when Caitlyn processes that everything is Barry's fault is pretty great.

God, Iris's Flashpoint fallout is just seeming more and more trivial all the time. "I was mad at my dad for like 6 months because he lied to me until I realized what I poo poo I was being and forgave him." And of course it was solved in the best way--dinner and dad jokes :allears: Because like I said, Joe and Iris share the super power of just not giving a gently caress drat.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Look if Barry can't win against an opponent by going faster than he just can't win.

This is bascially why they spent like the first half of season 1 priming the audience with stuff like:

:v:: Barry! You need to go FASTER!
:what:: ...Really?
:j:: YES!
:flashfap:: Okay.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

Crisis on Infinite Thawns

Tom Cavanagh and Matt Letscher having a "who can be the bigger smug rear end in a top hat?" competition? Sign me the gently caress up :flashfap:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oracle posted:

Looks like it'll be an alt universe Deathstroke (his son?) since Manu was tweeting from NZ recently.

Or Slade just doesn't take the mask off and speaks through a voice synthesizer for some :airquote:mysterious:airquote: reason for this whole cameo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

And also Barry isn't in it, or Caitlin. And Iris punches somebody.

Iris temporarily gains super speed and uses her powers to run through the multiverse knocking every incarnation of Wells, Eobard, and Wally right the gently caress out. :getin:

Edit: Double bonus points if they spend like an extra $10k to digitally insert Candice Patton into any given scene from Ed and have her cold clock Ed Stevens after mistaking him for another Wells.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 20, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Thawne didn't die, he ceased to exist because he was a direct genetic descendant of Eddie. Dead Eddie = no Thawne.

Zoom on the other hand...

You know, I'm really surprised that it's been three years and there haven't been any good "SPEEDFORCE - I ain't gotta explain poo poo" gifs made from this show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
A pediatric ophthalmologist :eng101:

They called her Killer Frost in Flashpoint because she was always dropping :iceburn:s on the kids she treated.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

At least until last week's episode, where everybody hit their emotional rock bottom for various reasons at the same time.

Kara's gonna fix that gloomy mess reeeeal fast, don't worry :buddy:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

I rewatched Seasons 1 and 2 recently, because I love the first season a huge amount, and there's a great scene in which Barry and Joe are talking and Barry tells him about his powers and Joe's like "that's super cool man" and Barry's like "yeah it rocks." It's neat to have characters actually enjoy something about being a hero.

To me, that scene is in season 2 when King Shark tears the roof off of Joe's house looking for Barry, and Wally is just freaking the gently caress out, while Joe and Iris look like they're on the verge of laughing and are just like "yeah, this stuff happens a lot. Get over it."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If Mick and Ray get their own show, they need to have Kara on like twice a season. The Adventures of Heatwave, Haircut, and Skirt :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oracle posted:

Maybe they're assuming its Evil Barry who Future Barry warned them about.

You know, given his general level of 5-steps-ahead dickishness, I'm thinking that the message was actually sent by Eobard posing as Barry to get everyone to be paranoid and mistrustful of Barry, purely because he's a delightful time troll. Barry just happening to be a massive gently caress up just works in Thawne's favor.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
E: actually, no.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ElCondemn posted:

I just think the concept is funny. The writers could have made the episode about heroes escaping from an alien ship, instead they decide the most exciting thing they can do is put all their heroes in a soap opera simulator.

Each show is playing to its premise's strength / audience's tastes. Arrow's all about girtty melodrama, so they're basically forced to write what amounts to a bottle show in a soap opera simulator so that people tuning into the show expecting it to just be another episode of Arrow aren't driven away by Flash/Supergirl/Legends' colourful whimsy and crazy. It just means that they're gonna go balls out for Legends tomorrow because that's the bugfuck craziest of the four shows, so it'll be playing to its audience's expectations rather than Flash/Arrow/Supergirl's.

E:

I'm just gonna assume that Kara punched the air in front of her face so hard it sent her flying... :raise:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Did Michael Rymer direct that episode?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

Wally, you need to train more!

But didn't you just go out and do poo poo Barry?

Yes, but I was taught how to run faster with speeches!

Oh and Zoom taught me how to throw a lightning bolt I never use!

Hey! He chucked lightning at Kara during Invasion. She just no sold it because she's loving Supergirl.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Spergatory posted:

Glad Julian is officially part of the team now. With Harry going back to earth 2, they desperately needed someone to fill the "curt, standoffish dick" role.

Same. I hope he sticks around now that his sub-plot is over.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

Xoom goes around every dimension he can killing speedsters and Savitar doesn't care. Barry fumblefucks up one timeline and Savitar comes knocking?

Savitar would have probably pushed Zoom's poo poo in no matter how fast he got. Barry is a bigger threat because he could possibly erase Savitar from existence by going back in time and sneezing on Buddha or something.

Note: I'm just devil's advocating here. I do not give one honest poo poo about this show's plot holes. Fun does not have to make sense all the time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

Remember when Iris was going out with her boss and he hated the Flash?

To be fair, that lasted like five minutes, if even. Season 1/early Season 2 Terrible Iris doesn't exist to me. She's always been mid-Season Two/Season Three Amazing Iris. What are you talking about?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

They need to go full on Flash's Girlfriend Iris West and have her getting up to all sorts of wacky magical adventures on her own.

If those wacky adventures involve Iris punching people the gently caress out like she's been doing lately, then sign me the gently caress up :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

They had to move quick before DC Editorial figured out it was actually the Joker

I hope that after Justice League crashes and burns too, that DC Editorial just goes full :dawkins101: on trying to maintain any sort of brand purity between the DCCU and the Arrowverse and we can get stuff like the Arrow Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn back and maybe even get actual Batman and Joker cameos.

• Locked thread