Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus the Rival costume was terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Grem posted:

Is Barry trying to find a timeline where he's not a complete idiot or what?

That's the timeline where he goes back to the night his mom died and he shoves 10 year old Barry in front of the knife.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nah, clearly not even close to being resolved.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

Flash needs to go to a timeline where he played Chrono Trigger as a kid. He can make time duplicates so if he really wants to save his mom without changing the timeline there ya go.

Seriously, Barry goes back in time a week before his mom dies, grabs her, does the time rodeo and makes a chronal remnant of her, leaves it at home and puts mom up in a hotel for a week. Once Thawne kills the remnant his mom can go back to her life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

The Barry who did that can't exist without suffering the tragedy of his mother's murder as a child.

Time doesn't just say "Oh, a Barry's mom died. Whatever."

Fine! He can bring one of them to the present so he still has the trauma and also a living mother!

For how often one of Barry's loved ones dies he should have a whole room full of time remnants.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Ollie's city is so loving stupid that no one noticed the enormous construction of an entire underground city happening, including the obviously needed power plant, exhaust ports, etc.

Also there is a cavern full of super-assassins that apparently is a 15 minute bus ride outside the city limits.

Eh, it was more like a large, ritzy neighborhood.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spacebump posted:

Why does everyone think the flashpoint story is over? He didn't end up in his timeline at the end.

Barry hasn't been in his timeline since that episode where he went back to season 1.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So am I on crack or was that Jigsaw's voice?

I want to play a game Barry

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We all know they're going to reset the timeline again right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a scene from Dawson's Creek playing in the 1998 cafe, another show FlashDad used to be on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

Yeah, cafes around here were always playing WB prime time soaps in the middle of the day in the late nineties.

Clearly Barry broke the timeline a bit more than we realized.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When did Jay gain the ability to traverse dimensions?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

R-Type posted:

When your Jay, its an innate ability

You might have made the joke but I'm taking credit for dragging the thread back down into the mud.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's done since Harry Potter?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Maybe he just wants to "get with" Candice Patton

Who the heck wouldn't?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is it just me, or has Dad Flash visibly lost weight?

It's not. He said last spring that he's in better shape than he was over the last decade. Good for him!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did they seriously just reuse the Trajectory suit?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Check again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

Obviously there are similarities but the shoulders and collar are different.

Yeah, from where they pinned it back to fit Jesse's smaller frame. It's the same suit dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Doktor Per posted:

The bottom one has a lightning bolt on it.

Oh poo poo you're right.

Totally a brand new suit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pyroi posted:

I totally forgot about Trajectory, so I didn't even notice that.

Also I miss Snart already, when is he going to make an ACTUAL appearance?

None of the "Legends" (god what a retarded name for a team) have resumed their lives in the present so his death is still kind of a secret.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

You know how DC has elementals for all the major elements and life existences? The Red for animals, Wind Elemental for Red Tornado, etc.?

Barry Allen is the Fuckup Elemental. Wherever he goes, no matter the media, Barry Allen fucks things up. It's just what he does.

It's like a force...a fuckup force...I can feel it calling me home...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Klungar posted:

It's nice to see a more Ed-like Wells

Season 4 Wells has to be Captain Bubble Beard right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spergatory posted:

It seems like her powers come with a significant +Evil side effect, which is unfortunate, but not uncommon. Many metahumans seem to suffer from this effect. In fact, aren't Barry, Cisco, and Firestorm the only metahumans in the entire world who aren't assholes?

Also, I thought the actual reason Killer Frost is Killer is because she basically has to suck heat from her surroundings (and occasionally living people) in order to keep living. Did they drop the heat vampire side effects, or are those going to come in later?

When they revamped KF during Underworld Unleashed she no longer had any control of her powers and was compelled to seek out massive heat sources in order to feel even slightly warm.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There is no way Cisco doesn't make a dozen Frozen jokes as soon as he discovers she has ice powers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nooneofconsequence posted:

To be fair, the show doesn't understand/care how anything works.

Specifically romantic or interpersonal relationships.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nooneofconsequence posted:

I really don't like Wally. I liked when he got punched.

He's a really poo poo actor. That's the main problem.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spergatory posted:

I have to re-do every line he speaks in my head with the inflection I think it was supposed to have. It's really distracting.

God drat it. Now I'm going to start doing this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Carlosologist posted:

an underrated moment in the episode was HR putting the moves on Cecille while Joe fumed in the corner

The drumsticks are fukcing killing me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My dislike of Wally/Keiynan doesn't have a goddamned thing to do with his race.

It's rooted in my deep hatred of Australians.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They really dropped the ball by not having Barry be a deadbeat dad in this new timeline.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pee out my butt posted:

Do you think HR's partner/new face Randolf Morgan is connected to Tess Morgan, the wife of the original Wells that Eobard killed? Secret brother? Genderbent alternate universe double? Lazy name reuse?

This isn't an HBO show dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every season is going to be a speedster baddie. They don't know how to write challenges for Barry if his opponent doesn't have the same power set ONLY BETTER. For gently caress's sake, DC editorial mandated the creation of yet another super fast jerkoff so they can adapt him to the show in a future season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oracle posted:

He does appear to be making at least a cameo in the Crossover Event...

Has he stopped thinking everyone at the CW is an rear end in a top hat?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He didn't lock up KF until she betrayed him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still think the time remnant is a great idea, especially when your family and friends are threatened. Barry should have a room at STAR where he keeps backups of everybody for just such occasions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

When you go back in time the old you dissolves and you replace them in the timeline, unless you're planning to go forward in time again, in which case the old you sticks around, right?

But if you go forward in time, there's just two yous there indefinitely

Maybe it's like Futurama and the temporal double is doomed to die horribly?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everything about Savitar sucks so far.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Wasn't she full on Killer Frost in his vibe? This episode she just had some streaks in her hair and was wearing normal clothes.

In the vibe she was full on Frost so yeah, Cisco is probably the one who goes bad. Savitar probably shows how easy it is to save Dante and that sways him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knormal posted:

So was there some reason they couldn't have just slapped the magic power-dampening cuffs back on Caitlyn as soon as she was unconscious?

I guess she had to want to turn away from the dark side.

• Locked thread